Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Fromage Frais?

Options
  • 10-01-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

My owner is making a cottage pie for dinner tonight. I hope there are lots of left-overs that make their way to my dish!

When she was in the supermarket today, they only had natural yoghurt and creme fraiche... but the recipe says fromage frais.

She bought the two of them and needs to know which one is closest to fromage frais?

Wuf!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Fromage frais in a cottage pie ? :confused: Without knowing what function it plays in the recipe, and I can't think of one at the moment, it's difficult to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mossy_Da_Dog

It's from a tried and trusted cook book and I think there's some sort of creamy topping that's what it's for.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's from a tried and trusted cook book and I think there's some sort of creamy topping that's what it's for.
    Is it just mixed in with the mashed potato for the topping? If so, I'd go with the creme fraiche out of the two then.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mossy_Da_Dog

Tis mixed in with potatoes and parsnips...
    I'll go with the creme fraiche then. I must post the recipe if it tastes good.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Alun wrote: »
    Is it just mixed in with the mashed potato for the topping? If so, I'd go with the creme fraiche out of the two then.

A dollop of Greek style yoghurt is very good in mashed potatoes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement