Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with nokia 5300 touchscreen phone

Options
  • 10-01-2010 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

the phone is the nokia 5530 illuvial, does anyone know wat could be wrong wit my phone, last night the delivery reports just stopped workin, also it wont vibrate for texts and calls when its on loud, and in order for me to recieve a text i have to send myself a message first. The phone is not even a month old yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

thats strange.

The vibration will not be there while you are charging the phone.

The delivery reports, did it say pending or nothing at all?

btw, you mean Nokia 5800?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭xxlilyxx

ah i know it dont vibrate when its chargin, i mean it wont vibrate at all for the texts or calls when its on loud, but the touchscreen vibration still works. And wit the delivery reports its sayin nothin at all, in the settings its on but im not gettin any delivery reports at all. But the most annoyin thing is not gettin any texts in unless i send myself a text.

sorry dont know why that posted so many times, yeah got the make wrong ha its actually a 5530, my old phone was the 5300

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I have the 5530 myself. Few problems with it. Usually find turning it off and on fixes some of them. Also change the message down to 1 hour under message validity. There may be a problem sending messages to some people. This will stop the phone from retrying sending a failed message.

Jet Black wrote: »
    I have the 5530 myself. Few problems with it. Usually find turning it off and on fixes some of them. Also change the message down to 1 hour under message validity. There may be a problem sending messages to some people. This will stop the phone from retrying sending a failed message.

i turned it off last night and turned it back on and all my messages were gone from the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you changing the profile to loud, or 'outdoor? Have you checked under the personalised settings that vibrate is set to on?

i hav it on loud, i jus change it from silent to loud, it works on silent but not on loud and yeah i've checked the settings

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

xxlilyxx wrote: »
    i hav it on loud, i jus change it from silent to loud, it works on silent but not on loud and yeah i've checked the settings

Thats strange. Software issue than a hardware problem.

Does pressing and holding the # (hash) key do anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Hi Lily,

Im having the exact same problem with my phone.

Did you ever find a fix for it?

Dee

Advertisement