Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow!

Options
  • 10-01-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

Bucketing down here in Glanmire. Is there much elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭daisydotty

ya have a good bit here in douglas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Light snow in Carrigtwohill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

janeybabe wrote: »
    Bucketing down here in Glanmire. Is there much elsewhere?

light enough in Glounthaune. though it's sticking, give it a few hours and it'll be snowman time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Same here in BLough, looking forward to heading down the Japs later if it keeps up!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

Any idea what the roads are like round glanmire?? Supposed to be going to work in town for 6 o clock???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

All I know about Glanmire is that the hill in Marwood isn't great and that my father managed to go to Mahon point from Marwood without any problems. If you do go out, take is easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Dad just made some snowballs, got all mine lined up...Mr Hafez, take cover m'dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

Thanks janeybabe, I'm in the Glyntown area so il just head down by the aib bank and into town that way id say!!!

nuts86 wrote: »
    Thanks janeybabe, I'm in the Glyntown area so il just head down by the aib bank and into town that way id say!!!
    I'd say you'll be ok. I'm in Glyntown too and my dad is going to pick me up later by going by AIB rather than me driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Lots of snow in town!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭brainy_neuron

Snowing up in the hills of backofbeyond hehe :D (South of Ballincollig and west of B'town)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 RubyLamb

Yep around the west like above, its lovely!! Pity now left my car in town though, I prob won't be able to get it.

Pictures from Glanmire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Ya the snow is like that here in montenotte now too. Going to head out soon and find a nice big hill to slide down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Coming down with force in Ballinlough! :)

roads totally blocked out my way. too much ice for cars to get up the hill. 2 crashes so far, and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

At least 1 cm of snow around Dillons Cross, snow still falling quite heavily. :(

As I was walking out of my estate a car sped past. He got to the entrance, turned right and ploughed into a wall. His car is a write off I'd imagine and it's all his own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Still snowing pretty steadily up here in montenotte. Went out there for awhile to go sliding down a few hills up around the tank field
    janeybabe wrote: »
    As I was walking out of my estate a car sped past. He got to the entrance, turned right and ploughed into a wall. His car is a write off I'd imagine and it's all his own fault.

Sound slike a bit of tool alright, driving so fast with the state of the roads. Some people have no cop on at all like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 thehunter

Douglas now at a standstill.roads like glass, walked from village to home and passed 4 crashes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Just back from work in the city. A lot of retailers closed early and left staff go. some didn't even as conditions deteriorated. Profiteering b@stards and the shops empty. I hope everyone is ok getting home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

What is the weather supposed to be like tomorrow does anyone know? Just wondering what my chances are of making it to work in Carrigaline tomorrow from the city!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Ya it's pretty bad in Douglas. There's a few abandoned cars at the entrance to our estate. Can't remember snow that stuck around like this in Cork.

There's two hills where I live - 50 cars at the bottom of one and a dozen on the other. I saw the same abandoned car hit 3 times by cars sliding back down the hill. It's a complete mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Got over an inch at this stage in B'town

Hopefully it'll continue throughout the night so I can build a ginormous snowman or just several snowmen

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Got over an inch at this stage in B'town

Hopefully it'll continue throughout the night so I can build a ginormous snowman or just several snowmen

What about a snow lady?

snow006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

LOVE HER !!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Seems to be light rain now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭glanman

deRanged wrote: »
    There's two hills where I live - 50 cars at the bottom of one and a dozen on the other. I saw the same abandoned car hit 3 times by cars sliding back down the hill. It's a complete mess.

Where is that??

Anybody tell me what the airport road is like....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

We've had 2 powercuts in the last few hours (Blackrock Road area). Now I need to decide whether to brave the roads to work tomorrow or work at home and risk losing power again :(

Anyone hazard a guess as to what the roads will be like in the morning?

Advertisement