Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

if it freezes the way it is now the roads are going to be scary,i just drove home there at 10mph, even starting off gently the wheels are spinning!

spend 2 hours earlier building a snowman and some stupid kids knocked him over then tried to roll away a part of him while i was watching,he got some fright when i went running at him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Anyone thinking of chancing the Airport in the morning - living in Glounthaune - need to be there for 6am flight..... Kilsmum:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭babychuckles

a friend just rang to say that cork airport is shut. she has booked into the hotel for the night.

Wonder how long Airport will be closed - the site is a disaster:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

We got an inch or so out here - had to push two cars up the slopes into our estate - no gritting on road to Midleton - now bear in mind we have the oil refinery out here and therefore lots of petrol tankers up and down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Paul91 wrote: »
    We got an inch or so out here - had to push two cars up the slopes into our estate - no gritting on road to Midleton - now bear in mind we have the oil refinery out here and therefore lots of petrol tankers up and down

Are you having any issues with power outages down there?? We are having some in the city, and the fault line says major fault in whitegate area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

kilsmum wrote: »
    Wonder how long Airport will be closed - the site is a disaster:(:(:(
    rte is saying until 9pm

about 2cm in Cobh at the moment. I'm slightly freaked that there are footprints around the house (noone has called to the door) and I'm home alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

rte is saying until 9pm

about 2cm in Cobh at the moment. I'm slightly freaked that there are footprints around the house (noone has called to the door) and I'm home alone.

I'm so glad Cobh got snow. :) And also glad that I don't have to travel there for work tomorrow!

hunnymonster - make sure all your doors & windows are locked!!:D:D:D

p.s. - Thanks for the info on the Airport!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Itr seems to be more rain now, I dont think it will get much worse unless it freezes tonight.
    If it does the roads will be lethal.
    I was down in Fitzgearld park playing in the snow, was also out the straight road and there were loads of people hanging around pelting passing trucks/cars/buses with sonwballs.
    Was a good laugh, espicially the guy in the brennans bread truck who gave chase a few times to the snowballers :D

Spindle wrote: »
    Are you having any issues with power outages down there?? We are having some in the city, and the fault line says major fault in whitegate area.

not in our estate - at the moment anyway

heard from a mother of a friend they may be turning water mains of in Cork - anyone heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

stopped in crosshaven. doesn t seem to be freezing either. hope my snowman survives the night..

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Itr seems to be more rain now, I dont think it will get much worse unless it freezes tonight.
    If it does the roads will be lethal.
    I was down in Fitzgearld park playing in the snow, was also out the straight road and there were loads of people hanging around pelting passing trucks/cars/buses with sonwballs.
    Was a good laugh, espicially the guy in the brennans bread truck who gave chase a few times to the snowballers :D

that would hilarious if someone crashed cos they got hit by one and didn't know it was coming hahahanot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I just walked the dog - the snow is now icy slush on the roads out here (Glounthaune) and is *very* slippy.

stopped in crosshaven. doesn t seem to be freezing either. hope my snowman survives the night..

pop him in the freezer

deRanged wrote: »
    I just walked the dog - the snow is now icy slush on the roads out here (Glounthaune) and is *very* slippy.

was out about 6pm with my two big uns - had my yaktrax on - like walking on a dry path :D even helped me when i pushed the cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

was out about 6pm with my two big uns - had my yaktrax on - like walking on a dry path :D even helped me when i pushed the cars

I have found a place that will be getting some Petzl Spikey Plus anti-slip soles in, but are the Yaktrax soles better?

BTW, the rumour about the water being turned off was just a rumour. The pumping station may reduce the water pressure tonight to try and conserve water, but the supply will definitely stay on.

colblimp wrote: »
    I have found a place that will be getting some Petzl Spikey Plus anti-slip soles in, but are the Yaktrax soles better?

BTW, the rumour about the water being turned off was just a rumour. The pumping station may reduce the water pressure tonight to try and conserve water, but the supply will definitely stay on.

thanks for rumour squash

to be honest it's the first time i used the Yaktrax (got the pro ones) but first time i have done the evening walk without slipping - but they can't be used on concrete apparantly so you need the snow

don't know about the petzl - soz mate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I was only wondering if there was something that I could attach to my boots and I saw your post. Can they be bought in Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

janeybabe wrote: »
    What about a snow lady?

snow006.jpg

Almost made one, but I overloaded her lady parts and she collapsed forwards:(

I then tried another but within feet of where she would stand, the bottom part broke in half and could not be salvaged:(.... cue the hollywood style "noooooooooooo!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spacebarbiek8

i was delighted that my snow boots finally got use today! handy out as fell so many times around city 2day when in uggs!

I was only wondering if there was something that I could attach to my boots and I saw your post. Can they be bought in Cork?

i got mine from there UK website, after the ice last week i started looking for something, there was some talk on the Galway thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055787393 - you can pop socks over for short journeys or old golf shoes

just been out to let the pups in - snowing again in Whitegate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

pop him in the freezer

i would only my freezer is full due to the panic buy in dunnes yesterday, in case i got snowed in for a week :D:D

i was delighted that my snow boots finally got use today! handy out as fell so many times around city 2day when in uggs!

Can't imagine uggs would be any use at all in icy conditions...

Do they have any grip at all? or are they simply warm and cosy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I posted this in the Weather forum but I think its important that people know that there are snowman nappers out there in the Cork area:(:(

IMG_3176.jpg?t=1263158186
    Baby snowman is missing now, presumed melted or crushed

IMG_3164.jpg?t=1263158472
    Mr Snowman's carrot nose is missing, presumed eaten or on another snowman:(:(

Who would be so cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Snowing again in Mayfield. Its brilliant, went out the back about an hour ago and it was about 2 inches deep! My housing estate is unreal slippy, and cars are still trying to get up the hills. Dont know about work in the morning :(

the estate next to mine had a snowman outside almost every house - was like an invasion of the snowmen

• Advertisement

the estate next to mine had a snowman outside almost every house - was like an invasion of the snowmen

Take them down before they get the chance to take over:pac:

Advertisement