Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Cork looks infinitely more attractive hidden under a foot of snow. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Take them down before they get the chance to take over:pac:

we did a "drive by kick in" of a snowman ay univeristy, guy took his car on to the field where the snowman was, smashed into it, we hopped out (two in back one in front) and kicked what remained to the ground - how gangster are we :D

FYI don't worry no one else on field, was about 3 in the morning as we'd been up watching superbowl, and the snowman was a students as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spacebarbiek8

Paul91 wrote: »
    the estate next to mine had a snowman outside almost every house - was like an invasion of the snowmen

nice! its the way it should be!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Paul91 wrote: »
    we did a "drive by kick in" of a snowman ay univeristy, guy took his car on to the field where the snowman was, smashed into it, we hopped out (two in back one in front) and kicked what remained to the ground - how gangster are we :D

FYI don't worry no one else on field, was about 3 in the morning as we'd been up watching superbowl, and the snowman was a students as well

Brilliant! Very gangster. Although baseball bats would have been more appropriate.

I just went and football tackled my neighbours snowman...mwuhahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I went for a drive around Mahon and Douglas around 8.30, roads were fine :) Tesco car park in Mahon was a bit dodgy though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Same here in BLough, looking forward to heading down the Japs later if it keeps up!

Owwwww, you hit me in the face :(

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Same here in BLough, looking forward to heading down the Japs later if it keeps up!

What / where is the Japs :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

kingtut wrote: »
    What / where is the Japs :confused:

The Jappanese Gardens - The park next to the swimming pool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    The Jappanese Gardens - The park next to the swimming pool :)

It's where young people go to have a lemonade, squeeze things and be ***** in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

A fair bit of snow in Midleton as well today :D. Was leaving Mahon point earlier around 11pm and its pretty much just slush now around and on the the road back home.

Seen one or two cars pulled in by the tunnel and on the N25 by Little Island, but no crashes thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

hi all, whats it like in the city centre? I was suppose to travel back last night but couldn't. Couldn't get up the medium sized hill outside my front gate.

Just heard on the radio:

Cork Airport closed until 12pm today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Light enough snow at home but there's a good four inches in the car park at work. Hearing it crunching under the car was weird. I should be out making snowmen - not surfing. Or doing what I'm paid to do... One of those three anyway....

janeybabe wrote: »
    As I was walking out of my estate a car sped past. He got to the entrance, turned right and ploughed into a wall. His car is a write off I'd imagine and it's all his own fault.

The amount of ****wits you hear doing that is amazing - especially since the cold weather isn't exactly sudden - the ice has been here for weeks ffs. Some twat in a Swift nearly knocked me down this morning speeding through the town. There was ice everywhere but this guy must have been doing 50. The amount of 4x4 owners who think ice doesn't apply to them is also mind boggling.

So far only 6 people (including me) out of the 50 in my department are in, lazy feckers the rest of them :D:p

I wonder how many of them looked out the window and thought 'I'm staying in bed' and didn't even bother trying to get in, it's 8.51 ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Tried to get in to work this morning as apparently my bus route is working. Three buses usually pass but none turned up so back home now. May try again later.

No way to get car up hill out of estate...2 tried as I was walking out and they all slid back down hill :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

"Bus Éireann say that in Cork, city services are unable to serve the northside of the city."

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0111/live_weather_transport_updates.html[\URL]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

here are a few nice shots from the cold spell from germany (pix 1-18) and some other european countries (19-26)...the text is all in german but the pictures should speak for themselves…things didn’t go entirely without disruptions elsewhere either…
    www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-50577.html

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Just heard on the radio:

Cork Airport closed until 12pm today!

Closed since 18.00 yesterday in fact. Due to open again just now. I'm spending my THIRD night in the Airport Hotel....

Clearing started at 08.00 this morning. Clearing equipment - tractors with blades underneath; jcbs; tractors and trailers carrying snow away....
    One or two flexible power units capable of mounting brush, plough, gritter as required would have done it.
    No excuse to say 'exceptional' flexible equipent could cover it....widely available for airports. NOT more expensive than what they have.

Bye, Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Snow in Blackrock yesterday... :D

18652_245551960771_609180771_3086797_2682012_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its turned to slush now and snowmen can no long be made :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Snow is gone in Cobh. I didn't get any sleep last night with the wind. It's bin day in our estate today and it genuinely looks like a bomb site with all the upturned bins and rubbish everywhere. Went out to start a clean up earlier but everything was so wet and soggy you couldn't pick rubbish up without it disintegrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

My snow woman died! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

It's bin day in our estate today and it genuinely looks like a bomb site with all the upturned bins and rubbish everywhere. .

all of Western Road looks like that. some of the rubbish bags are gone right across the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Snow is gone in Cobh. I didn't get any sleep last night with the wind. It's bin day in our estate today and it genuinely looks like a bomb site with all the upturned bins and rubbish everywhere. Went out to start a clean up earlier but everything was so wet and soggy you couldn't pick rubbish up without it disintegrating.

You in Riverside by any chance.Rubbish everywhere.Thankfully i'm with greenstar collected at 6am.Wiser bin's still sliding up and down road as i type.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Same in Glanmire. I couldn't sleep last night because there was rubbish flying all over the place and making an almighty racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

rumours being spread the city center is flooded again:rolleyes: any truth to this?

My snow woman died! :(

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

well the roads down by the Marina are starting to flood....nothing too drastic yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

R.I.P.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

dave1982 wrote: »
    You in Riverside by any chance.Rubbish everywhere.Thankfully i'm with greenstar collected at 6am.Wiser bin's still sliding up and down road as i type.
    lol, yes we're in Riverside. We're Greenstar too (after some bad customer service from Wiser) It's a bit ugly out there.
    .....I'm slightly freaked that there are footprints around the house (noone has called to the door) and I'm home alone.
    ... wonders if dave198 can account for his movements the night of the big snow :-)

Advertisement