Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coin Show id Dublin?

• 10-01-2010 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi,

Does anyone know if this year there will be any Coin Show in Dublin?
    I checked on RDS site and there's nothing listed however one dealer from Germany quoted to me that there will be a Coin Show in Dublin in February...

Does anyone got any info?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

As always information on this event is hard to come by and the best that I can do is to give you this link with info and contact details about last years' event. If you look carefully you will see a mobile phone number to contact - you could do worse than try that. :)
    http://www.irishtourist.com/event_calendar/irish_international_coin_fair.shtm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

from another forum

Just to let you know the Irish Coin Fair 2010 will be held on the following
    dates:

27./28th February 2010
    Opening hours: 11.00 am - 6.00 pm
    Venue: RDS Dublin (enter from Angleesey Road/near American Embassy
    Cost: € 5.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Someone tol me that some dealers buy old irish coins at a rate of £1 to €1, then collect up enopugh £1 to bag them and exchange them at the bank for €1.27, is this true?
    I have a bit i'd like to maybe get rid of

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Don't know for sure but I'd imagine some of them would. To exchange coin you do have to have full bags for each denomination, so this would be easier for them to do with large quantities. I'm sure they'd check them for desirable dates/errors etc. first. Personally I'd hang on to any old coinage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

I'll buy irish coinage at even money £1=€1 any quantity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 deane

I think they will be handing out leaflets for a new Euro collecting swapping site called ENCA www.enca.fi think it will have its swapping feature ready soon. Hopefully will get a friend to visit the show to make some swaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hynesie11

I just found a big old Irish copper from 1946. It has a harp on the back and some fowl on the front. The denomination is 1d, back before pounds n pence i guess. Anyone have any idea how much it'd b worth?

On they radio this morning they said you'd get 10,000 euro for a 20p coin from 1985, cuz they only made 600 of them that year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

http://www.irishcoinage.com/MODCAT.HTM#modpe

In fine condition worth about 30 cents according to above website. There were 4.8 million of them minted. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hynesie11

yeah, i was lookin at that there. 7,000 euro for the 20p from '85 in mint condition. over a grand still for one in bad shape.

Advertisement