Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water out in Ashbourne?

Options
  • 10-01-2010 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Anyone from Ashbourne without water at the moment. Rang the Meath Council and they have no info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johnnypc06

Yeah. Tanks in the attic are empty. have some pressure in the kitchen mains. Not a plumber, but i reckon the presure isn't enough to make it up to the attic?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 demonreedler

We're also in ashbourne (cluain ri) no mains water either. I'll get onto the council asap in the morning as the more calls they get the quicker they might respond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

We're also in ashbourne (cluain ri) no mains water either. I'll get onto the council asap in the morning as the more calls they get the quicker they might respond.

Don't bother ringing the Emergency Water number. Its a call centre not even based in meath. The guy I spoke to never heard of Ashbourne and said the water outage was caused by the cold weather and thats all the info he had :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Mains water was not working for me either, Johnswood. But it was back working this morning.

I have a feeling that Ashbourne runs of the Drogheda supply and so not Meath Co. Co. area?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My water is ok but a few neigbours are without it. Had a few people coming around to check drains and whatever to maybe find the source of the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mrsmaths

No water here in Racehill Manor either. Anymore word?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

From the Meath County council website
    11-01-2010:
    As a result of a number of major water mains bursts caused by the ongoing severe weather conditions, temporary loss of water or water pressure reductions are being experienced in the following Areas:

In the Dunshaughlin Area: Ashbourne, Ratoath, Kilbride, Dunshaughlin,

In the Slane Area: Duleek, Bettystown, Laytown, Mornington, Donacarney, Julianstown, Stamullen and their respective environs.

In the Navan Area: Water supplies to Kilberry, Wilkinstown, Ardbraccan, Cortown and parts of Navan are experiencing interruptions.

MCC is working to restore normal supplies to all areas as quickly as possible.

The Council would again reiterate its call to all water users to reduce consumption of water and to not leave taps running over night in an attempt to prevent freezing.

I've had no water since yesterday. Live in a 1st floor apartment so obviously not enough pressure to make it upstairs. The bath which is the lowest tap I have gets a little water every now and again.

It's frustrating when you know people that live beside u still have water just because they're that bit closer to the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I'd like to say I have my suspicions it's just burst mains. I'm pretty sure they've just turned the pressure down as the reservoirs were running low due to a large increase in demand from people leaving their taps running to prevent freezing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Havent had any water on here for the last day and a half in Dunshaughlin

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mrsmaths

Anyone experiencing water issues again? Tanks not filling up here in Racehill...anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

mrsmaths wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing water issues again? Tanks not filling up here in Racehill...anyone else?

Water out in Trim at the moment, was ok earlier - must only have gone within the last hour or so.

Advertisement