Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raikkonen: WRC means more

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Kimi wrote:
    "In F1 too many things overshadow the racing," he said. "There is too much politics. No-one says what he thinks because he is afraid things are taken out of context.

As much as I don't like him it's hard not to agree with this statement. Though despite the talk of a return to F1 in 2011, the fact he used the phrase "it'll be a long journey" with regard to winning the WRC title suggests he might not want to come back to F1 for a while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

Im glad to see the back of him, I always felt he saw F1 as a job, never put his heart into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Surely F1 suits his drunken playboy attitude better though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Ha, Kimi knows what he is saying and how to get fans on his side, unlike another f1 driver. ;)
    Just like when he was at McLaren where the team to be at, then Ferrari were the team he always wanted.
    I think you will find wherever he is competing it means more to him.
    I'm sure if rally doesn't agree with him, and he gets a chance to go back to F1, or goes somewhere else, he will be saying the opposite.

I agree with what he says about the politics in f1 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Kimi is the epitome of the F1 driver..... capable, resilient and doesn't get involved in politics.... His PR and marketing sell the Ice Man image and he is more than capable of enjoying himself away from the circuit and pressures of F1.

Focused and with the right car, Unbeatable.

You may have ideals on how your hero should or shouldn't be but Kimi is his own man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

Not to upset the F1 types but Kimmi has seen how much bullsh1t surrounds F1 and that rallying and the WRC is a good competition with real and decent people,after all Kimmi is finish and rallying means more to people up there than most things else.you talk to a finnish person and there passion for rallying its unreal.As well you have none of the tack, bull of sling outs in the courts in the WRC.I know many F1 fans may not side with my oppinions and i may get shot for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Oblomov wrote: »
    Kimi is the epitome of the F1 driver..... capable, resilient and doesn't get involved in politics.... His PR and marketing sell the Ice Man image and he is more than capable of enjoying himself away from the circuit and pressures of F1.

Focused and with the right car, Unbeatable.

You may have ideals on how your hero should or shouldn't be but Kimi is his own man.
    +1
    hi_sir wrote: »
    Not to upset the F1 types but Kimmi has seen how much bullsh1t surrounds F1 and that rallying and the WRC is a good competition with real and decent people,after all Kimmi is finish and rallying means more to people up there than most things else.you talk to a finnish person and there passion for rallying its unreal.As well you have none of the tack, bull of sling outs in the courts in the WRC.I know many F1 fans may not side with my oppinions and i may get shot for them.

No bull**** politics in WRC, what was all that crap posted here about Rally Ireland? :P

Advertisement