Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 maciejowy

actually they say Liffey Valley Mastercard may not work! But never tried myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

madmoe wrote: »
    Is it possible to top up the Perfect Card? Where can it be bought?

Also, I have an Entropay account already, it was setup for a Visa Electron. Can this be changed to a Prepaid MasterCard?? Are there fees involved when topping up etc.??

Cheers,
    M

Avoid the entropay mastercard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

sorry if these questions have been asked before....

Whats the deal with the name on the card? Is the card in my name?

And if I had an alertpay account could i use this for my account?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Avoid the entropay mastercard.

Why?

Seems to work fine for plnety of other people (myself included).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Is there a charge for topping up the Entropay card guys? Or a charge everytime it's used?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

4.95% loading charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

maciejowy wrote: »
    actually they say Liffey Valley Mastercard may not work! But never tried myself...

anyone any idea about liffey valley ??/ because it seems to be the same as the cork mahonpoint one. if liffey valley does work ...then yipppeee im off and running to mahonpoint :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Does anyone know of an instant virtual mastercard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 maciejowy

wirecard.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Just to clarify:

Walked into St Stephens Green Shopping Center to the Ticketmaster kiosk under the first escalator.

Paid €100 for a prepaid mastercard with €100 loaded on it.

Went home, bought flights on Ryanair no problem.

Used my address and all my details worked as expected.

I can use the remaining credit anywhere they take mastercard

The self serve tills at tesco are a good place to use small amounts.

pay the first bit in cash and leave what have on the card and press other payment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Which counter in St Stephen's Green do these ..

Is it the Ticketmaster one where they do the lottery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭hynesie08

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Which counter in St Stephen's Green do these ..

Is it the Ticketmaster one where they do the lottery?

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

HappyHarry wrote: »
    Really? Since when? Did you have to pay this when buying the card in the center? Is it applied to each card regardless of value?

According to PerfectCard there are no fees in the first 12 months http://www.perfectcard.ie/faq.html#3

I see the prefectcard are behind the quays in newry 'gift card' so I will give this a go and see if it works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

cgarrad wrote: »
    Just to clarify:

Walked into St Stephens Green Shopping Center to the Ticketmaster kiosk under the first escalator.

Paid €100 for a prepaid mastercard with €100 loaded on it.

Went home, bought flights on Ryanair no problem.

Used my address and all my details worked as expected.

I can use the remaining credit anywhere they take mastercard

The self serve tills at tesco are a good place to use small amounts.

pay the first bit in cash and leave what have on the card and press other payment.

Great to hear this! Must get me in there and get one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 frankie55

Got a giftcard from dundrum shopping centre (perfectcard) no charges until 13months in etc, booked ryanair fights to london €5 each way no extra charges... nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Sorry for the bump, but I've a pre-paid master card from Bishopstown Credit Union (down here in Cork) and I know that I can aviod the handling charges on Ryan Air. But has anyone used it, or any type of pre-paid mastercard, on Aer Lingus? Like, can this card be used to avoid the handling charge with Air Lingus? I have searched their site, but fond nothing on it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

AFAIK Aer Lingus charge a fee regardless of if you are using a debit or credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

AFAIK Aer Lingus charge a fee regardless of if you are using a debit or credit card.

They must offer a free fee option, otherwise they must include the fee in their initial fare

indiewindy wrote: »
    They must offer a free fee option, otherwise they must include the fee in their initial fare
    Their free option is visa electron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Not sure what the story is but there's a report on the Consumer Issues forum that the Ryanair mastercard is gone bust. It doesn't make much sense and it's not verified, but I went in to load my Dublin City Gift Card yesterday at two Ticketmaster outlets and they said the machines were down until Thursday.
    Anybody else hear anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Visa Electron still works on AL AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I used the moneybookers on ryanair last week and saved 50 quid on 5 return flites, have to say its painless to use, thanks to whoever on here reccomended it

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ndubz

i recommended it, im glad to see someone has used it, it really is the best option, i just came back from a summer in the usa travelling all over and thats the only card i used, absolutely brilliant and gives up to the minute fx exchange.
    brightkane wrote: »
    I used the moneybookers on ryanair last week and saved 50 quid on 5 return flites, have to say its painless to use, thanks to whoever on here reccomended it

I re

ndubz wrote: »
    i recommended it, im glad to see someone has used it, it really is the best option, i just came back from a summer in the usa travelling all over and thats the only card i used, absolutely brilliant and gives up to the minute fx exchange.

No it's not. The Dublin City Gift Card (back working today) costs nothing. It's the only totally free option out there. The card costs zilch, loading costs nada and transferring funds costs zero.
    I'd put moneybookers in second place, but I guess it depends on where you live and what you want the card for. Moneybookers charge a couple of euro for withdrawing money and there's a €1 monthly service charge that kicks in if you're not using it. Peanuts I know, but the gift card just seems less hassle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The Dublin City Gift Card (back working today) costs nothing. It's the only totally free option out there.

Wirecard is free, no admin costs and no loading costs

slave1 wrote: »
    Wirecard is free, no admin costs and no loading costs

Not quite true. AFAIK, the Dublin City Gift Card, the Dundrum Shopping Centre Card and that one you get from Bishopstown Credit Union are the only totally free options. Those online ones are bit complicated too. I like the gift card coz you just walk in, pays your money and gets your card. Simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Greenview

hi, I (hopefully )just purchased two return flights from Ryanair, for the sum of €24, using Wirecard - even got my flight reservation number.

Just a bit concerned that when I look at my Wirecard account, I see the €24 as being reserved. Not like Mr O'Leary to leave money behind, so has anyone else seen & understands this term?

My Account
    Balance: Reserved: Available: Pending:
    24.21 EUR 24.00 EUR 0.21 EUR 0.00 EUR

thanks.
    John.

That's all ok. The money has been reserved by Ryanair who will collect it when they finalise the transaction in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I can now confirm that the pre-paid mastercard does not get you out of having to pay the booking fee/handling charge with aer lingus :(. "All taxes and charges included" me hole!

• Advertisement

I can now confirm that the pre-paid mastercard does not get you out of having to pay the booking fee/handling charge with aer lingus :(. "All taxes and charges included" me hole!
    Only Visa Electron avoids the fees with Aer Lingus.

Advertisement