Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 fez22

When you pay the 6 euro to buy the payzone prepaid mastercard, can you purchase ryanair flights with the temporary 150 euro limit loading card or do you have to wait the 7 days for your card in the post following registration?

thanks,

fez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You can purchase straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭championc

Just buy a Dundrum Centre Gift Card or the like - no fees to buy it. So €100 buys you a card with €100. Works straight away no messing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Originally Posted by slave1
    Wirecard is free, no admin costs and no loading costs

Not quite true. AFAIK, the Dublin City Gift Card, the Dundrum Shopping Centre Card and that one you get from Bishopstown Credit Union are the only totally free options. Those online ones are bit complicated too. I like the gift card coz you just walk in, pays your money and gets your card. Simples.
    Actually, I stand corrected there is a €1 fee for deposits which I forgot about, I've used if for a few RyanAir flights no hassle, as someone mentioned earlier the amount get's 'reserved' for a few days prior to finally being taken from you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Can these cards be topped up?

• Advertisement

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭Esel

lasno wrote: »
    Can these cards be topped up?
    Yecart5 wrote: »
    yes, you get a loading card that you use to top up the card when you need to.
    Just to be sure, lasno - were you asking about the payzone card? If not, afaik the Perfectcard cannot be topped up.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

is there any card i can buy in dublin with my name on it i need one QUICK HELP PLEASE

Thanks, I was referring to the cards available in the shopping centres.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

massy086 wrote: »
    is there any card i can buy in dublin with my name on it i need one QUICK HELP PLEASE

No - to get your name on it you will to use entropay, moneybookers.com, Payzone etc, it will take a few days to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

Hey all,

Looking to book some flights with Ryanair this evening. I used to use an online Entropay visa card, but I gather these can no longer be used to avoid the CC charges associated with Ryanair.

Can a Payzone Worldwide Money Card be used to book flights to avoid the CC charges?

Any pitfalls I should be aware of with using the above cards? Haven't got one yet but hoping to pick up one this evening..

Or are there any other online visa/debit type cards available which you can register for immediately as I'm kinda hoping to book these flights this evening before the quadruple in price tomorrow knowing my luck! :p

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Ruby_Woo wrote: »
    Hey all,

Looking to book some flights with Ryanair this evening. I used to use an online Entropay visa card, but I gather these can no longer be used to avoid the CC charges associated with Ryanair.

Can a Payzone Worldwide Money Card be used to book flights to avoid the CC charges?

Any pitfalls I should be aware of with using the above cards? Haven't got one yet but hoping to pick up one this evening..

Or are there any other online visa/debit type cards available which you can register for immediately as I'm kinda hoping to book these flights this evening before the quadruple in price tomorrow knowing my luck! :p

Cheers!!

Best one if you're in Dublin are the Dublin City Centre and Dundrum Shopping Centre gift cards. You can get the city centre ones at Ticketmaster in Jervis Street or Stephen's Green shopping centres. The Payzone one works too, but it costs 6 euro and afaik it's not as flexible regarding transferring unused funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Looking to book some Ryanair flights tomorrow. I will be over in blanchardstown shopping centre, what card should I ask for and where exactly to you buy it? (information centre?). Whats the situation with loading and buying with the card? Is it exactly the same as the Dublin city gift card or would I be better off heading into Jervis centre and buying one of those from ticketmaster?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

This is probably old news but my experience.

You can get a perfectcard in The Quays in Newry - costs £1 to load it. Now it works online but not everywhere - for some reason it did not work on play.com. When I was ordering on play.com I was trying to spend 9.99 of a 10.05 balance. Still if there is a greater balance than the spend it should work?

The same perfect card can be found in Dundrum - difference being they charge you €5 to load it. Works as above.

Now I also got a Victoria Square card - no charge to load it but it would not work on line despite working in shops in Cork, Dublin etc. much to the amazement of staff - who kept telling me it will not work - but I insisted! :)

Now the Victoria Square card is the same one found in some other shopping centres like Mahon Point and Liffey Valley.

All the above prepaid cards be they a perfect card or the RG financial one are all issued by the bank of montreal.

It seems some are locked somehow from working online.

I would opt for a perfect card and would get it in Newry as it is slightly cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Ended up getting the Pavilions Centre card and it worked fine for the Ryanair flights. The assistant told me that I could use the balance left on this card towards a new card, example being if I purchased the card originally for €100 and spent say €80 then I could come back and buy another card for €100 with €80 cash plus the €20 left on the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

Not really sure where to post this, but seen this advertised on facebook and I though that I'd post in case it helps to save money on ryanair charges.
    http://g.moneybookers.com/mastercard/ie/?rid=17706718

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Not really sure where to post this, but seen this advertised on facebook and I though that I'd post in case it helps to save money on ryanair charges.

Looks good. Is it free to load funds, too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

Its says there is €10 charge per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭championc

The Guvnor wrote: »
    The same perfect card can be found in Dundrum - difference being they charge you €5 to load it. Works as above.

DON'T by a Perfectcard in Dundrum - Buy the standard Gift Card. They'll tell you it won't work but they both have the same BIN range and there is NO charge to load a Gift Card. Also, any unused funds can be cashed in against another new card - they don't do top ups but there's no need to based on this.

So I had 5 euro remaining on a card. I wanted another 100 so I bought the new card for 95 and they used the remaining 5 off the old card to total out at 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Can you buy one of them cards for more than €100,

Going to New York soon and want to use one of these cards to pay for the hotel..

Hotel is costing about $500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Its says there is €10 charge per year.
    It is but worth it for me. Using it for the last year, no ryanair cc fee and have it linked to my bank account so can upload funds instantly at no charge. Just booked a €10 flight and the actual cost of the flight is €10!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Is the Dundrum card still working online and still free?

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I've been using moneybookers for years now but didn't know they doing their own prepaid card. Exactly what I need, cheers :D

championc wrote: »
    DON'T by a Perfectcard in Dundrum - Buy the standard Gift Card. They'll tell you it won't work but they both have the same BIN range and there is NO charge to load a Gift Card. Also, any unused funds can be cashed in against another new card - they don't do top ups but there's no need to based on this.

So I had 5 euro remaining on a card. I wanted another 100 so I bought the new card for 95 and they used the remaining 5 off the old card to total out at 100.

Fantastic mate - they young guy was keen to tell me the gift card would not work and I fell for it as my liffey valley/victoria square gift card did not.

That is good to know and what I will do in the future.

Can you buy one of them cards for more than €100,

Going to New York soon and want to use one of these cards to pay for the hotel..

Hotel is costing about $500.

I believe the normal limit is a €1000.00 but you can always get more than 1.

Kevin! wrote: »
    Is the Dundrum card still working online and still free?

cheers

From what the lads have said yes it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Madmoe wrote: »
    Originally Posted by championc

Fantastic mate - they young guy was keen to tell me the gift card would not work and I fell for it as my liffey valley/victoria square gift card did not.

That is good to know and what I will do in the future.

Hi guys,
    It is the standard gift card that they have in the St. Stephen's Green shopping center or the Perfect Card?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Just used the Blanchardstown shopping center gift card and can confirm that it still works for Ryanair purchases.

Got three flights for 70e including taxes to Gatwick in November, chuffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The Wirecard virtual prepay Mastercard (for Ryanair purposes) is perfectly OK. I signed up to it on Saturday and was booking flights (and denying Micko his €5 rip-off charge) that evening. The only security check as such is that when they set up your account they charge your attached credit card a random amount from €1.01 to €2.99 and you then just have to call your credit card customer service number to get the amount charged and input this figure to activate your prepaid Mastercard. The amount charged, €1.92 in my case, is then credited to your prepaid Mastercard.

Charges are a simple 3% of money deposited subject to a minimum of €1. I deposited €40 so the total charge to my credit card was €41.20. It is a really good option if you are really only using it for Ryanair flights and you are down the country without easy access to the Shopping Centre cards referred to above. The Moneybrokers card is a €10 annual charge plus you have to upload/post in a range of documents. The Wirecard is a much less hassle and cheaper option for most people I reckon.

I booked two €5 fares on Saturday and all I paid was a tenner (plus 30c in Wirecard charges) - up yours Micko! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Incidentally, Aer Arann has just adopted the same policy as Ryanair re:payment cards. So you'll need a prepaid Mastercard to avoid fees in future.

Advertisement