Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 maciejowy

Payzone card turns to be quite costly if you look on the fees & charges (top up, card itself, shopping fee, inactive account fee etc)

I think Blanch card is much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cheryl07

Surely you only have to buy the payzone card once? I think its a great saving as i recently booked flights for me my husband and 3 kids, i couldve saved 50 euro had i known about this beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    It is the standard gift card that they have in the St. Stephen's Green shopping center or the Perfect Card?

Cheers,
    M

Its the standard Dublin City Gift Card. Pay in cash and there is no charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Anybody get the jervis street gift voucher to work with amazon.co.uk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Anybody get the jervis street gift voucher to work with amazon.co.uk?
    I can confirm that this works perfectly with amazon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭driverite

I'm starting not to like the payzone card.......lots of retailers are charging a 2% surcharge on top of the loading fee, a €20 top up now costs €23.90.....plus the charge when you use it.......the charges are creeping up....

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

Anyone use Moneybookers lately, I'm getting declined although the funds are there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I've been using it a lot recently and haven't had any problems so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I brought the Mahon Shopping centre Gift card yesterday and tried to use it on Amazon and CDWOW and neither would work. What name and billing address are you meant to write down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bernie8

Beware!! An absolute rip-off! I applied for my card in June 2010 and heard nothing form the company. After contacting the company they email'd me back to say the delay was due to 'technical issues' (a fine term if ever I heard one!). So I waited, and waited. Still nothing. The company does not reply to emails. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!! Oh, and they charged me 15.89GBP for the card which was never issued. Nice eh!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wh@le

I'm using above with joy.

Although Ryanair must have some problems over last couple days, as I can't do reservations using that card. Tried numerous times, always get rejected. There are funds on the card, and details are 100% correct.

Anyone noticed MC Prepaid problems with ryanair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

AnnaN wrote: »
    It has only one fee and thats to load. No purchase fee

Costs €3.50 to load and 20c per purchase.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

jamescd wrote: »
    I've been using it a lot recently and haven't had any problems so far

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

+1

Best thing about is you can use Laser to upload money into your account instantly. No waiting and you don't have to go down to a shop/bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Dutchy

When uploading money to your money bookers account by laser, what are people putting in as their CCV number? 000 isn't working for me?

Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Dutchy wrote: »
    When uploading money to your money bookers account by laser, what are people putting in as their CCV number? 000 isn't working for me?

Cheers...

Use the last 3 numbers on the back of the card..

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Dutchy

Perhaps my laser card is unique, or the digits on the back of the card have rubbed off over time... but there's no sign of any digits on the back of my card (AIB). I usually put 000 in the field for the CCV number... and it usually works... alas not on the money bookers site!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Dutchy wrote: »
    Perhaps my laser card is unique, or the digits on the back of the card have rubbed off over time... but there's no sign of any digits on the back of my card (AIB). I usually put 000 in the field for the CCV number... and it usually works... alas not on the money bookers site!!

I'd order a new laser card (as its damaged they should not charge you), more and more online sites are asking for the last 3 digits of a laser card (when 000 used to do).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

just booked Ryanair flights using the Galway Shopping Centre Gift Card - prepaid mastercard 5274 55....

Booking confirmed :)

card cost €2, I don't think you can add funds to it though :(

sorry if this info is already on the thread, I couldn't be bothered through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

I have bought a good few Perfectcards from Swords Pavillions which I use no problem for Ryanair flights. Just one thing to be aware of is if you try to use the card for more than the amount left on it it will void the card. I have contacted perfectcard about this and I am waiting to find out how to unvoid it. This is why in Swords shopping centre they bizarrely wont take their own vouchers unless you know how much is on them???? The shops send you to customer service to find out (which aint easy with 2 toddlers hanging out of you)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Hi guys,
    Just wondering which of these prepaid credit cards/gift cards has absolutely no fees,surcharges or monthly fees after 12 months.I only require a card to have sufficient funds to cover the costs of booking my ryanair flights and hence avoid the booking fees.I am based in the west of Ireland.Any recommendations re an appropriate card that fits the criteria I have mentioned.Hope the Eddie Hobbs consumer gurus on Boards can help me!
    Selig:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

has anyone used liffeyvalley shopping card for booking ryanair flights?
    i saw at the customer service desk - they have a prepaid mastercard.
    can anyone pls confirm if it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

For anyone getting a moneybooker mastercard and with permanent tsb,i am with permanent tsb and they have updated there laser cards and replaced them with a visa debit card so now u will get charged for uploading funds to your mastercard. really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭holly8

just booked Ryanair flights using the Galway Shopping Centre Gift Card - prepaid mastercard 5274 55....

Booking confirmed :)

card cost €2, I don't think you can add funds to it though :(

sorry if this info is already on the thread, I couldn't be bothered through it.

So did I. 5 round trips to Portgual paid for and the only extras was the €2 charge for the card. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

pissed wrote: »
    Ended up getting the Pavilions Centre card and it worked fine for the Ryanair flights. The assistant told me that I could use the balance left on this card towards a new card, example being if I purchased the card originally for €100 and spent say €80 then I could come back and buy another card for €100 with €80 cash plus the €20 left on the card.

When I asked this question at the customer service counter the assistant told me no that I could not use any money left on card for the purchase of another card quote " You can spent it in the shops". I did not buy wait till I am in city centre and buy a Dublin City Card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

I just tried booking flights with the Dublin City Card on Ryanair and I got this weird message:

135451.png

The money wasn't taken from my card, I can't understand what went wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Aldito wrote: »
    I just tried booking flights with the Dublin City Card on Ryanair and I got this weird message:

You've probably received your itinery and been charged by now I'd say?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    You've probably received your itinery and been charged by now I'd say?

Nah, tried a few times and it didn't go through so I dumped the money into my neteller account and bought a Blanch. gift voucher instead. Worked first time, no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Aldito wrote: »

135451.png

Image says 'Your booking is complete'?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

esel wrote: »
    Image says 'Your booking is complete'?

Yeah, "not confirmed" though.

Advertisement