Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Aldito, check it now. Is it still showing as not confirmed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Aldito, check it now. Is it still showing as not confirmed?

No, it didn't work. I booked it with a Blanch card instead and that worked grand.

Aldito wrote: »
    No, it didn't work. I booked it with a Blanch card instead and that worked grand.

But.. you'll have two bookings now..?

But.. you'll have two bookings now..?

Well I got all my money off the Dublin City card so I can't be charged.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Strange screen shot above, to be 100% sure use the booking ref it gave you in the 'Manage my booking' section. If it finds it in their system you are OK if not then you need to rebook.

• Advertisement

Strange screen shot above, to be 100% sure use the booking ref it gave you in the 'Manage my booking' section. If it finds it in their system you are OK if not then you need to rebook.

For the 3rd time, I did rebook...

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Aldito did you rebook ???? pmsl :D:D:D:D;)

Well I got all my money off the Dublin City card so I can't be charged.

Is there enough balance on the card to be charged twice?

Reason I ask is, I've had Ryanair bookings in the past which, like yours, have been booking complete, status not confirmed. It's usually, so I understand, down to a temporary issue with their payment processing system. Payment doesn't get debited immediately and hence the booking is not confirmed, although it is complete. Their system tries later to debit the card and, assuming it can, changes the booking to a confirmed status.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

just booked Ryanair flights using the Galway Shopping Centre Gift Card - prepaid mastercard 5274 55....

Booking confirmed :)

card cost €2, I don't think you can add funds to it though :(

sorry if this info is already on the thread, I couldn't be bothered through it.

3greenrizla,were you charged a booking fee for the ryanair flights?

Is there enough balance on the card to be charged twice?

Reason I ask is, I've had Ryanair bookings in the past which, like yours, have been booking complete, status not confirmed. It's usually, so I understand, down to a temporary issue with their payment processing system. Payment doesn't get debited immediately and hence the booking is not confirmed, although it is complete. Their system tries later to debit the card and, assuming it can, changes the booking to a confirmed status.

lol, yeah I wiped the card clean before I rebooked.
    seligehgit wrote: »
    3greenrizla,were you charged a booking fee for the ryanair flights?

No, you aren't charged a fee for any of these cards. They're all mastercard prepaid, which is the only type that doesn't have the €5 pp/journey fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Ta Aldito:D Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I picked up one of the Dundrum gift cards yesterday to pay for some Ryanair flights. Paid for the gift card using Laser (or Visa Debit as it is now) and it worked no problem. There were no extra charges for the card or from Ryanair.

I selected the Mastercard prepay option on the Ryaniar site and I had to enter an address for the card (even though the card is not registered to an address).

Saved €50, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

I seem to be in and out of the jervis centre like a junkie buying these cards, but as for the blanch card my sister had a bit of a shocker when i suggested she uses several dublin city gift cards , she said oh no i'll get them all at once., hence she got a blanchardstown gift card .
    she got booking confirmation from ryanair for her and her family (5), and then 3 days later, an email to say the payment did not work and the flights were cancelled and had to be rebooked, this she did with her other halfs credit card.
    So not only did she lose the booking fee, but sure enough the flights had increased in price, and she was pissed off.She was told the Dundrum card is a safe bet for online , but not the blanch, if only we had found this out BEFORE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

Does anyone here use the Neteller.com Prepaid mastercard?

It seems everytime I need to buy flights on Ryanair I don't have enough time to sign up for one of these online services and I don't have a chance to get up to Dundrum or into town to get a gift card. And then I'm never prepared the next time I need to get flights, so the cycle repeats itself.

So I was thinking that Neteller seems like a good option, I mean it looks like it's free to use as long as I just use a bank transfer to put money in. So then maybe next time I'll be ready for when I need to buy flights. Either that or I should sign up for a moneybookers account and just take the hit with the annual €10 charge, which would save me having to wait the few days for the bank transfer into Neteller or the hassle of getting up to Dundrum because I could put money instantly in with my Laser...

What do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭championc

I bought a Dundrum Card a few months ago and loaded €100 on it. Spent €12 at the time on two €6 flights so I've still got the card with €88 left. My mum needed to book a flight on Saturday so I just gave her my card and she'll top it back up for me (or buy me one for that amount) before returning it.

So the moral is - 1. Get a Dundrum Card and 2. Put more than you need on it (to be used again). You can always use the card in Tesco or whatever to buy shopping so if you're stuck for the money, there's always a get out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

championc wrote: »
    I bought a Dundrum Card a few months ago and loaded €100 on it. Spent €12 at the time on two €6 flights so I've still got the card with €88 left. My mum needed to book a flight on Saturday so I just gave her my card and she'll top it back up for me (or buy me one for that amount) before returning it.

So the moral is - 1. Get a Dundrum Card and 2. Put more than you need on it (to be used again). You can always use the card in Tesco or whatever to buy shopping so if you're stuck for the money, there's always a get out

12. The Fees
    We do not charge any fees for checking your on-line balance and transactions. However the following fees do apply:
    Monthly Management Fee
    € 3 per month from month 13
    Lost and Stolen block
    € 7.50
    Customer service telephone enquiries
    Local Call Rate
    Lost/Stolen Replacement Fee
    € 7.50
    Refund Fee
    € 7.50
    Transaction Revocation Fee
    €10.00
    Administration Fee
    € 7.50

just get a new one each year....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

championc wrote: »

Yeah that seems like the best plan all right. I guess next time I'm in Dundrum I'll pick up a gift card for €100 or so and then I can always use it to buy something if I don't use it all in the year.

wh@le wrote: »
    I'm using above with joy.

Although Ryanair must have some problems over last couple days, as I can't do reservations using that card. Tried numerous times, always get rejected. There are funds on the card, and details are 100% correct.

Anyone noticed MC Prepaid problems with ryanair?

Yeah Neteller is class. I use it for poker all the time.

The plastic prepaid card works for ryanair, but their virtual one doesn't.
    RayCarley wrote: »
    Does anyone here use the Neteller.com Prepaid mastercard?

So I was thinking that Neteller seems like a good option, I mean it looks like it's free to use as long as I just use a bank transfer to put money in. Either that or I should sign up for a moneybookers account and just take the hit with the annual €10 charge
    What do you guys think?

Yup it's totally free to use, until you start using it as an ATM card, when they start lobbing on €6 fees per withdrawal. So just stick with buying stuff/booking flights directly and there are no fees.

Meh never joined Moneybookers because they need to confirm your debit card with a statement, and I didn't have a statement nor internet banking at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Meh never joined Moneybookers because they need to confirm your debit card with a statement, and I didn't have a statement nor internet banking at the time.

They only look for a recent utility bill and a copy of your passport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Hey just wondering about the Neteller card and the government stamp duty, is it payable on the prepaid mastercard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭patsybear

Hi, I used the dublin city gift card to book flights on ryanair on wednesday this week, the payment seems to have gone through as when I check my balance it shows that it has been taken but it keeps coming up on ryanair that the payment is awaiting clearence, and this means I still haven't received a booking confirmation.
    Has anyone else had this problem with this card or know how to solve it?
    patsy!!

patsybear wrote: »
    Hi, I used the dublin city gift card to book flights on ryanair on wednesday this week, the payment seems to have gone through as when I check my balance it shows that it has been taken but it keeps coming up on ryanair that the payment is awaiting clearence, and this means I still haven't received a booking confirmation.
    patsy!!

Yes, see 1 or 2 pages back. Didn't work for me.

Yes, see 1 or 2 pages back. Didn't work for me.

Did ryanair contact after a few days saying that the payment had not worked.Did you get your money back from ryanair?, Its showing up on my account that the money has been take out

Did ryanair contact after a few days saying that the payment had not worked.Did you get your money back from ryanair?, Its showing up on my account that the money has been take out

Umm no I don't think the money was ever taken from my card. I wasited a couple of days but nothing changed so I just used the money on other site to get it off the card.

Umm no I don't think the money was ever taken from my card. I wasited a couple of days but nothing changed so I just used the money on other site to get it off the card.

Thanks for the help:), the money has been taken out of the card as it is coming up as ryanair ire when I check the balance, I really need to get the money off the card because it is expired at the end of the month, what websites have you used it on?

Just lobbed it onto Full Tilt and I can w/d from there whenever I need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

patsy!!

I used the Dublin City Gift Card yesterday to book flights to London (€4!). No problems at all and I got confirmation straight away.

jakdublin wrote: »
    I used the Dublin City Gift Card yesterday to book flights to London (€4!). No problems at all and I got confirmation straight away.

I've had no luck at all using my card, The €24 has been taken out of my account but it has not come up as confirmed, now when I enter my reservation number on the ryanair website it says no booking found, It looks like thats €24 gone down the swanny:mad:. When did you buy your card as a matter of interest as I've had this card a few months and not used it until now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I've had no luck at all using my card, The €24 has been taken out of my account but it has not come up as confirmed, now when I enter my reservation number on the ryanair website it says no booking found, It looks like thats €24 gone down the swanny:mad:. When did you buy your card as a matter of interest as I've had this card a few months and not used it until now

I just got it Monday. Transferred €10 from an old one and added an extra €70 which I expect to use for flights over the next few months. I actually wasn't going to get it after reading what happened a couple of people on here but I'm glad I did.
    It sounds bizarre. I'd be well pissed if that happened me. You sure yours wasn't out of date or out of funds? You've probably already checked but I'm just curious as to why it's not working for others.

Advertisement