Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭patsybear

jakdublin wrote: »
    I just got it Monday. Transferred €10 from an old one and added an extra €70 which I expect to use for flights over the next few months. I actually wasn't going to get it after reading what happened a couple of people on here but I'm glad I did.
    It sounds bizarre. I'd be well pissed if that happened me. You sure yours wasn't out of date or out of funds? You've probably already checked but I'm just curious as to why it's not working for others.

Yeah I've checked and the card is in date for another two months, I think I'll just have to go get a dundrum centre gift card as that is the only card that seems to works 100% of the time, not too sure how I'm going to recoup the money from ryanair, I've sent them an email but surprse surprise I've gotten no response

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

patsybear wrote: »
    Yeah I've checked and the card is in date for another two months, I think I'll just have to go get a dundrum centre gift card as that is the only card that seems to works 100% of the time, not too sure how I'm going to recoup the money from ryanair, I've sent them an email but surprse surprise I've gotten no response

Nightmare trying to deal with any airline customer service. Had to write to Irish Times to get a refund from Aer Lingus last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

can someone tell me now that ive verified my laser on moneybookers what do i do to buy flights on ryanair do i just upload funds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

blahblah06 wrote: »
    can someone tell me now that ive verified my laser on moneybookers what do i do to buy flights on ryanair do i just upload funds?

Yep, you upload the funds and then you buy flights on ryanair using the moneybookers prepaid card!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

blahblah06 wrote: »

Sounds like you have yet to apply for the mastercard. You have to do that first. Thats what you buy the flights with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

cheers lads how long does it take from first uploading the prove of id to getting approval

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

not sure if this has been mentioned before yet, but Permanent TSB have started doing a Visa debit card that works the same as any other credit card except the money comes straight out of your bank account like a laser card.

it works anywhere online or in shops globally that accept Visa, so no need for any of this pre-paid stuff any more in ireland.

i have to say tho it's taken them a fecking awful long time to do. i had a visa debit card in the UK over 15 years ago and that was from TSB as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Merro

Hi all

Does anyone know if the dublin city gift cards can be used in the dundrum shopping centre or is it strictly limited to the city? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Anyone hear of this Swirl Card. Cheaper fees than a 3V Card, and a set purchase fee of 20 cent. Also €10 discount on Ryan Air.

http://www.swirlcard.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Dman001 wrote: »
    Also €10 discount on Ryan Air.

Nicely worded on their part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Aldito wrote: »
    Nicely worded on their part
    Actually my words :D Their words are:

"Save €10 per return flight with Ryanair".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Dman001 wrote: »
    Anyone hear of this Swirl Card. Cheaper fees than a 3V Card, and a set purchase fee of 20 cent. Also €10 discount on Ryan Air.

http://www.swirlcard.ie/
    Site looks dodgy/beta. For instance:

No 'About Us'
    No 'Contact'
    Dodgy spelling/grammar: e.g. SEPERATE and NO CREDIT CHECK'S

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

patsybear wrote: »
    I've had no luck at all using my card, The €24 has been taken out of my account but it has not come up as confirmed, now when I enter my reservation number on the ryanair website it says no booking found, It looks like thats €24 gone down the swanny:mad:. When did you buy your card as a matter of interest as I've had this card a few months and not used it until now

As the card can't be reloaded there seems to be some restriction on retailers crediting back the money in the event of a failed transaction. The card is administered by Zapacard. Go to the website zapacard.com and report this - they will get the money loaded back on the card. They did it for me for a failed transaction on an American website and they were prompt and very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciaran_

Hi all,

I'm looking to book some ryanair flights in the next few days and have a couple of quick questions. And btw I live close to Dundrum so no problem getting up and down there.

Do these cards still work?
    Is it a standard gift card i need to buy?
    Do I fill out address details as normal?
    Can I use the same card for as many bookings as i want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Yes x 4

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciaran_

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Yes x 4

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

A few words about Money Bookers card. I thought it would be the best option, but I was wrong. I paid for Amazon shoppings and for flights all right, but most other places would not accept this card. I tried to pay for Three phone on-line - no luck, I tried a few other on-line shops, no luck either. Even worse - I paid for SendIt DVDs and the money were taken from my account, but SendIt.com claims they didn't get my money! Their Customer Service is useless, so I tried to get Charge Back through Money Bookers. And I'm trying since a month now! First they wanted me to send some proofs of unsuccessful payment, wich I did. Then they asked me to fill and send back Claim Form, wich I did. Then they claimed they didn't get it. I tried to send it another 2 times. Still nothing. The forth try was successful, but then they told me they sent me wrong form and I have to fill another form and send it again. And so on, so on... No money, no goods, no support, no customer service. No luck. After that I tried to use another option from Money Bookers "On-Line Support" - and filled a claim about incompetence of their emploees. And gues what? I got an answer from the same person that I was complaining about (Boriana). So that's it. I'm going to spend the rest of money from my Money Bookers account and close it down together with SendIt (or StealIt) account as well. I'll get one of these Gift Cards instead. Cheers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Personally only use moneybookers for Ryanair/easyjet to avoid their fees, for everything else I use my Irish card as it gives buyer protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭plonker

can i buy the dundrum card online?
    will i get a number and an expiry and 3 digits like a credit card?
    if yes will all this work on the ryanair site and I will only end up paying E3.50 for the card instead of E5 per person per flight?????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

Just used the dublin gift card to book flights on ryaniar, saved €10 thanks op!

I put my own name and address for the card as I'd no idea what else to put and it worked perfectly.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

chupi wrote: »
    Just used the dublin gift card to book flights on ryaniar, saved €10 thanks op!

I put my own name and address for the card as I'd no idea what else to put and it worked perfectly.

:D

is this the card which you used?
    http://www.thisismydublin.com/culture/give-the-gift-of-dublin-city-centre-this-christmas/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Personally only use moneybookers for Ryanair/easyjet to avoid their fees, for everything else I use my Irish card as it gives buyer protection.

yup that exactly what i do too. I used it for nothing else. I don't see why you would want to use it for anything else when you have your laser card and credit card from your bank that you can use instead that is totally secure.

Also i've used moneybookers to buy a number of flights now and find it great. Went over to the ospreys v munster match and bought all the tickets and saved myself €40 with.

TBH sendit are kind of dodgy anyway. I've had trouble with them before with sending stuff so i'd stay away from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

suppafly wrote: »
    yup that exactly what i do too. I used it for nothing else. I don't see why you would want to use it for anything else when you have your laser card and credit card from your bank that you can use instead that is totally secure.

Also i've used moneybookers to buy a number of flights now and find it great. Went over to the ospreys v munster match and bought all the tickets and saved myself €40 with.

TBH sendit are kind of dodgy anyway. I've had trouble with them before with sending stuff so i'd stay away from them.

I'll be doing the same... waiting for my card to arrive any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

Just an update - I've never get back my money, neither from Moneybookers nor from SendIt (they even stopped to reply my emails).

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kelator

Thanks for the thread. Just went to Dundrum and bought gift card for four hundered euro, no surcharge. Came sraight home and booked 6 flights no problem, e-mail confirmation immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Bought the Dublin City Card today in St. Stephens Green and loaded with 50 Euro. No extra charge, will try on Ryanair website soon ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

seligehgit wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Just wondering which of these prepaid credit cards/gift cards has absolutely no fees,surcharges or monthly fees after 12 months.I only require a card to have sufficient funds to cover the costs of booking my ryanair flights and hence avoid the booking fees.I am based in the west of Ireland.Any recommendations re an appropriate card that fits the criteria I have mentioned.Hope the Eddie Hobbs consumer gurus on Boards can help me!
    Selig:D

I'm probably a bit late on this thread but...
    There is a card that you can get, you can load it online very simply. they also have an application that you can use connected to your prepaid account that generates a random number for one off purchases, and an actual piece of plastic that you can use off line. It's free at points of sale, you save the e5.00 per person per flight on ryanair. They don't charge an administration charge to get the card, and there are no yearly fees. Their customer services are pretty good too. The other good things is, is that you can get one when you're under 21, which is pretty handy.

The only drawback (and it's not really a drawback, but some people might thinks so), is that you have to verify your account. It's not that much hassle, but to get the card you have to do it. Here's the blog link for more info
    Under 21
    http://rightcreditcard.blogspot.com/2011/01/under-21-and-want-credit-card.html

Just information
    http://rightcreditcard.blogspot.com/2011/01/free-prepaid-credit-card.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just used Dublin City Card I bought with €50 on it for flights worth €43.97, avoided the booking fee ;-). Logged into http://www.zapacard.com and money is gone but on Ryanair website I got attached message??

I have gotten confirmation e-mail though?? Is my flight booked? When it asked for address card is registered too I used my usual one when I book with my normal Credit Card? Can any address be used guys?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

madmoe wrote: »
    Just used Dublin City Card I bought with €50 on it for flights worth €43.97, avoided the booking fee ;-). Logged into http://www.zapacard.com and money is gone but on Ryanair website I got attached message??

I have gotten confirmation e-mail though?? Is my flight booked? When it asked for address card is registered too I used my usual one when I book with my normal Credit Card? Can any address be used guys?

Cheers,
    M

Yes, once you have the confirmation email you're OK. And yes, you can use your usual address. The Dublin City Gift Card is great. I use it all the time. I think it's the only totally fee-free card out there, along with the Dundrum one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

madmoe wrote: »

Cheers,
    M

That message from ryanair means there was a problem with the card or with with the site, it could mean your flights were booked though. You said you got your confirmation email from ryanair, so you should have a booking/reference number. Just double check that on the ryanair site and confirm your booking with them. Otherwise the dublin city card will have to wait for the ryanair card processor to decline the charge and send it back, that can take up to 7 working days (varies but that's what they say)

Advertisement