Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just went into Ryanair.com guys, went to Manage My booking and got this when I fed in reference number...

Your booking is complete!

Flight Reservation Number: ZXXXXX Status: Confirmed

Good to go I would think ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Yeah, that sounds like it's all systems go alright. Well I hope you have a nice trip after all that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thanx RachaelVO, will try me best ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

Hi all,

Just wondering has anyone used the gift card from Swords Pavilions to purchase a ryanair flight? Did you get charged for using it and did your transaction go through?

Is it similar to the one in Dundrum?

Need to make a flight booking asap so a little help would be great here.

Thanks.

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Posted this in the other thread but thought it would be valid here too.
    I had to book flights today and didn't have enough on my Dublin City Gift Card so I bought €75 worth of Ryanair vouchers in my own name for myself. Bought the flights in my own name, which I thought might be a problem but it was OK.

I was short about €20 for the flights after the vouchers, but had enough on my Dublin City Gift Card to finish the payment. All it cost me was €5 to buy the voucher, but I saved €40 on admin fees. Also I would have had to drive into town to top up the gift card so I guess that would have cost me more than than €5 in parking and petrol. The Dublin City GIft Card costs nothing to buy or use and any leftover funds can be transferred onto another card. Beats the pants of Entropay and the other options I've seen mentioned here. I guess you've got to live in Dublin though for it to be of practical use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I need to book flights to the value of €364 , can anyone tell me which card is the best to get. I need one that sells in incriments of €5 so I can put €365 on the card. The Dublin City Gift Card only goes up to €150 according to their website and the Blanchardstown Card only goes to €250.
    Id need one card that I can put the full €365 on. Is this possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

gift card in dundrum has a limit of 1K

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Karen23 wrote: »
    I need to book flights to the value of €364 , can anyone tell me which card is the best to get. I need one that sells in incriments of €5 so I can put €365 on the card. The Dublin City Gift Card only goes up to €150 according to their website and the Blanchardstown Card only goes to €250.
    Id need one card that I can put the full €365 on. Is this possible?

Or you could buy €350 worth of Ryanair vouchers and finish the purchase with one of the gift cards. Read my post just above yours to see what way I did it.

Thanks to you both ;)
    Its a nightmare trying to book for 14 people but Im worried if we book seperately the flights will go up in price as each of us books.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

Can anyone out there confirm one way or the other whether the Prepaid Mastercard issued in Scotch Hall works as a way of avoiding the cc charge for Ryanair? I've previously used the Blanchardstown S.C. card with no issues thanks to this BA. I now find myself having recently told a friend (hopefully not mistakenly?) that all prepaid Mastercards have this ability, I'm just a tad worried that going on the posts below, that this is not in fact the case. :confused: Would be extremely grateful if someone could confirm yes or no whether the Scotch Hall one works or not. Thanks.
    hargo wrote: »
    My daughter used a Scotch Hall card to book ryanair flights and she received a reservation number but it said status is not confirmed ( booking is not confirmed until you receive an email itinery). The booking says paid but the money has not left the card. She made the booking yesterday, has anyone else had this type of delay with prepaid cards?
    and
    Check the booking via 'Manage your booking' using the reservation code she got. The email confirm could have been lost in the process although its odd you havn't been debited.

and
    hargo wrote: »
    Interesting that the Dundrum card and Scotch Hall card are both routed through Newcastle building society and have the first 4 numbers the same. Scotch Hall and perfect card both deny that their cards will work with ryanair although plenty of people here have used perfect card so why do the company deny it?
    Mad Moe i use wirecard and you don't have the loading fees associated with entropay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

Looks like the Dundrum Gift Card no longer works with paypal, I'm now getting the error... "This card cannot be used for this transaction. Please choose a different way to pay, or add another debit or credit card to your account." on both my cards :mad:

Was working fine up to Christmas. Won't allow me to add a new one either, even with the billing address as Digital Depot, Digital Hub, Thomas St, Dublin 8.

Anybody else noticing this?

RayCarley wrote: »
    Does anyone here use the Neteller.com Prepaid mastercard?

It seems everytime I need to buy flights on Ryanair I don't have enough time to sign up for one of these online services and I don't have a chance to get up to Dundrum or into town to get a gift card. And then I'm never prepared the next time I need to get flights, so the cycle repeats itself.

So I was thinking that Neteller seems like a good option, I mean it looks like it's free to use as long as I just use a bank transfer to put money in. So then maybe next time I'll be ready for when I need to buy flights. Either that or I should sign up for a moneybookers account and just take the hit with the annual €10 charge, which would save me having to wait the few days for the bank transfer into Neteller or the hassle of getting up to Dundrum because I could put money instantly in with my Laser...

What do you guys think?

I love the neteller net + card. It's easy to load, and there isn't any additional administration costs. It's especially easy cos it has your name on it.You can also use it anywhere. Booking flights, hiring a car, all that sorta thing. It also has an programme that will generate random numbers for you to use on sites you're not too sure about giving your details to. I love having it, just means my normal visa gets rarely used!

The only thing you might find is a pain, is that to you have to verify your identity. A lot of people don't like that at all. It does give you a more user friendly mastercard debit card that you can use is more places!

cal_chi wrote: »
    Can anyone out there confirm one way or the other whether the Prepaid Mastercard issued in Scotch Hall works as a way of avoiding the cc charge for Ryanair? I've previously used the Blanchardstown S.C. card with no issues thanks to this BA. I now find myself having recently told a friend (hopefully not mistakenly?) that all prepaid Mastercards have this ability, I'm just a tad worried that going on the posts below, that this is not in fact the case. :confused: Would be extremely grateful if someone could confirm yes or no whether the Scotch Hall one works or not. Thanks.

and

and

The problem with Ryanair is that they don't always like what they call Voucher Cards. It can always vary from site to site, but Ryanair are getting very picky about the types of prepaid card you can use (with I think the exception of 3V). Prepaid cards with your name on, and one you have an account with work better!

I purchased flights yesterday and avoided the charges by using Perfect Card Online card which I bought in Pavillions shopping Centre. Its different to the regular shopping centre giftcard and is advertised as '' purchase Ryanair flights without the extra charges.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Dundrum card not working!! aagghh

Thought this could be used after looking through this thread.. But bought a Dundrum card today and it's getting refused on ryanair site. Rang Dundrum and they said no way it can't be used... confused :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

dubsgirl wrote: »

Thought this could be used after looking through this thread.. But bought a Dundrum card today and it's getting refused on ryanair site. Rang Dundrum and they said no way it can't be used... confused :confused:

sorry to hear that and thanks for letting us know,i was actually heading to Dundrum today to get this card so you've saved me a journey.

I've done a bit of checking, and I might not have this 100% right, but I think the deal is going to be for REGISTERED prepaid cards. They will be phasing out some of the "voucher cards" and will prefer if you have a registered verified account with a prepaid mastercard company. There are a few out there that are free, and some that have a yearly admin charge.

I only just found this out, so if I'd thought to look earlier I would have posted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Sorry to hear that, I only used a Dundrum gift card within the last 2 weeks and didnt have a problem. But perhaps is due to the changes described above? If I'm not mistaken, this thread also says the dundrum perfect card doesnt work, so check which one you got.

W.

Karen23 wrote: »
    I purchased flights yesterday and avoided the charges by using Perfect Card Online card which I bought in Pavillions shopping Centre. Its different to the regular shopping centre giftcard and is advertised as '' purchase Ryanair flights without the extra charges.''

is that in Swords?

How much did the card cost you and what are the fees?I'll have to be getting one of these cards soon.

I'm sick of giving these Ryanair c*nts money for booking fees, i fly that much that i estimate ive had to pay over €500 in booking fees alone since the start of 2010:mad:

edit - is this the card you mean?
    http://www.perfectcard.ie/index.html

Is this not the same one that a previous poster bought in Dundrum SC and tried to book flights without fees and it wouldn't work or am i mistaken?

Cheers

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'm trying to use the Blanchardstown Centre Prepaid Mastercard (it is also marked as a perfectcard) but it's being declined because of this added feature methinks:

"The address should be the same as that on your payment card statement."

Feckit anyway :mad:

• Advertisement

This thread badly needs updating as it appears that some cards that people used previously no longer work, ill be looking to book flights again soon and it'll kill me to yet again again pay booking fees so hoping that people can list cards that 100% work with Ryanair right now.

Cheers:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Dundrum card no longer works for any online purchases... :(:(:(
    I bought one today, Won't work anywhere. I just saw they have one you can purchase for €5, i guess i'm going to have to get that.. Wouldn't be so annoyed if i didn't live so far from there..

..Or if i didn't realise i could've read this thread yesterday..

Anyone know anything about these?
    http://www.mastercard.us/get-a-prepaid-card.html

Or is there such thing as a "digital" Mastercard? e.g. something i could transfer money to and receive a text or email with a card number and security number.. I've gone looking and it seems there is something close to it, but i can't figure out if i can transfer the money on my DSC card to a temporary online one..

Allyall wrote: »
    Dundrum card no longer works for any online purchases... :(:(:(
    I bought one today, Won't work anywhere. I just saw they have one you can purchase for €5, i guess i'm going to have to get that.. Wouldn't be so annoyed if i didn't live so far from there..

..Or if i didn't realise i could've read this thread yesterday..

Anyone know anything about these?
    http://www.mastercard.us/get-a-prepaid-card.html

Or is there such thing as a "digital" Mastercard? e.g. something i could transfer money to and receive a text or email with a card number and security number.. I've gone looking and it seems there is something close to it, but i can't figure out if i can transfer the money on my DSC card to a temporary online one..

You can get an account with a digital mastercard, but ryanair won't accept it. They are phasing out, if they haven't already what they consider to be "voucher cards" It has to be a "steady" card, not a changeable one. I've blogged about a good prepaid card if you wanna check it out, and you can also use it if you're under 21. You do get an ACTUAL card, that for all intents and purposes looks like a credit card, but it's prepaid. You can use it for everything, and you can generate a random number for online purchases (say for sites you're not too sure about, they don't get your details cos you change the virtual number every time you use it). Best thing about it is, is that's its free of admin and yearly charges. Anyway, check my blog if you want ;-)

http://rightcreditcard.blogspot.com/2011/01/free-prepaid-credit-card.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

RachaelVO wrote: »
    You can get an account with a digital mastercard, but ryanair won't accept it. They are phasing out, if they haven't already what they consider to be "voucher cards" It has to be a "steady" card, not a changeable one. I've blogged about a good prepaid card if you wanna check it out, and you can also use it if you're under 21. You do get an ACTUAL card, that for all intents and purposes looks like a credit card, but it's prepaid. You can use it for everything, and you can generate a random number for online purchases (say for sites you're not too sure about, they don't get your details cos you change the virtual number every time you use it). Best thing about it is, is that's its free of admin and yearly charges. Anyway, check my blog if you want ;-)

http://rightcreditcard.blogspot.com/2011/01/free-prepaid-credit-card.html

That seems to be perfect for what i am looking for, Thanks, i signed up, just one small thing... I have €220 on my Dundrum Shopping Centre Card, and What i want to purchase costs €217.26

If i do manage to transfer money from my DSC card, to the virtual card, i will be charged 1.75%, Won't that put my purchase just out of my reach?

Allyall wrote: »
    That seems to be perfect for what i am looking for, Thanks, i signed up, just one small thing... I have €220 on my Dundrum Shopping Centre Card, and What i want to purchase costs €217.26

If i do manage to transfer money from my DSC card, to the virtual card, i will be charged 1.75%, Won't that put my purchase just out of my reach?

I'm not 100% sure if they'll accept the DSC, but they very well could, cos they will accept debit cards. They probably will charge you the 1.75% but you can top it up with some of their other payment options, try to choose one of their free options they have a few! Once your account is verified you're not limited to one payment option you can top up using any of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

People people people, if you want a card that works with Ryanair look at the Moneybookers card. Its a tenner a year, once you go thru the identity verification process (takes 24-36hrs) then the card itself works like a dream.

It really is a breeze. Free to upload funds from your bank account or you can top up with a credit card for 1.9% which works out at €1.90 per €100 so feck all really.

Highly recommended.

Savman wrote: »
    People people people, if you want a card that works with Ryanair look at the Moneybookers card. Its a tenner a year, once you go thru the identity verification process (takes 24-36hrs) then the card itself works like a dream.

It really is a breeze. Free to upload funds from your bank account or you can top up with a credit card for 1.9% which works out at €1.90 per €100 so feck all really.

Highly recommended.

does it 100% work with Ryanair mate?

Is this http://www.moneybookers.com/ads/mastercard/ the one you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

jonnny68 wrote: »
    does it 100% work with Ryanair mate?

Is this http://www.moneybookers.com/ads/mastercard/ the one you mean?

Yes.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    is that in Swords?

How much did the card cost you and what are the fees?I'll have to be getting one of these cards soon.

I'm sick of giving these Ryanair c*nts money for booking fees, i fly that much that i estimate ive had to pay over €500 in booking fees alone since the start of 2010:mad:

edit - is this the card you mean?
    http://www.perfectcard.ie/index.html

Is this not the same one that a previous poster bought in Dundrum SC and tried to book flights without fees and it wouldn't work or am i mistaken?

Cheers

Sorry, I'm only seeing this now.
    I bought the card in Pavillions shopping centre in Swords at the Customer Service Desk. Its the same as the one on the link you posted but they have two cards , one is called the ''online'' card which can be used anywhere that accepts mastercard and you have to give your name and address when purchasing it. You can put any amount up to €1000 on it with a €5 loading fee which was great for me as I saved €130 in credit card charges. They other card they sell has Swords Pavillions printed on it and can only be used in the shopping centre. No information is required when buying this one.

• Advertisement

I'm presuming Dundrum have done the same as Swords because I know they sell the online card too so You'll specify this is the card you want and not the regular Dundrum card

Advertisement