Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanPammer

This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer's customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card. *

Help! Getting this error when adding card to paypal .. Got card today checked balance .. It's definitely there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Just to confirm. I bought a Pavillions voucher in December to use on Ryanair. Tried to use on Monday, it wont work anymore. Rang Perfect card and they said the online facility was turned off at the weekend. Told me Swords would swop it for a perfectcard that works online if I wanted, I presume for no charge. Pain in the neck, this card was sold to me on the basis it worked on Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Bought one of the online perfectcard cards recently in Dundrum and have used it on Ryanair , think I saved about €20 ( 2 adults on a return flight) in admin charges. Still have a balance on the card & used it again recently on Dealextreme with no problems. Not a bad saving

The girl on desk said the Dundrum card ( & I assume the other centre cards too) were set up for use in the centre & not online, and she recommended the online card. Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Savman wrote: »

Yes.

DONE:D

cheers...

Moneybookers can get to fu*k after me going to the trouble of going to an Internet cafe to scan in my passport and a utility bill they come back and say the passport scan has to be in colour and the utility bill has to be of a higher resolution :rolleyes: i can view both fine so ill not be going with this lot,can anyone recommend anyone else ?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Moneybookers can get to fu*k after me going to the trouble of going to an Internet cafe to scan in my passport and a utility bill they come back and say the passport scan has to be in colour and the utility bill has to be of a higher resolution :rolleyes: i can view both fine so ill not be going with this lot,can anyone recommend anyone else ?

Cheers

Yep, Neteller! You have to verify your account with them too, you will need to scan both sides of your passport, give them a utililty bill, and if they need any further clarification that are a lot less snotty about the request than Moneybookers are. I like them a whole lot more than MB. I blogged about them (well it suits the blog that I do), and I put all the good stuff about them on that, they are also FREE, so no admin charge!

http://rightcreditcard.blogspot.com/2011/01/free-prepaid-credit-card.html

Check it out if ya want. It's only my opinion, but I like them and have used them for a few years :rolleyes:

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Yep, Neteller! You have to verify your account with them too, you will need to scan both sides of your passport, give them a utililty bill, and if they need any further clarification that are a lot less snotty about the request than Moneybookers are. I like them a whole lot more than MB. I blogged about them (well it suits the blog that I do), and I put all the good stuff about them on that, they are also FREE, so no admin charge!

Check it out if ya want. It's only my opinion, but I like them and have used them for a few years :rolleyes:

I should also give ya a tip, maybe use your scan and then also take a pic of your passport both back and front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Recently purchased a gift card in Pavillion in Swords. I was wondering what the assisatant was on about saying they had a new card but I just bought the one that had worked for me before. I can see from previous posts now that they have obviously brought out one for online use and are cashing in by charging €5 for loading it. Luckily the one I bought worked and flights are booked already :D. A thing to watch in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Just to add an update as to Prepaid Mastercards that still work (I was getting worried after reading updates here), I got a Dublin City Gift Card from Jervis St shopping centre yesterday and bought two Ryanair flights with no charges for the card, no admin fees from Ryanair and no problems. Still the best option for anybody living in Dublin IMO.

RachaelVO wrote: »

Cheers for the heads up mate :)

• Advertisement

jakdublin wrote: »
    Just to add an update as to Prepaid Mastercards that still work (I was getting worried after reading updates here), I got a Dublin City Gift Card from Jervis St shopping centre yesterday and bought two Ryanair flights with no charges for the card, no admin fees from Ryanair and no problems. Still the best option for anybody living in Dublin IMO.

ah jaysus ive only just come from town i was in the Jervis as well :( what's the story do you have to put money onto it there and then or what's the craic?

Sounds good anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kazbear

SeanPammer wrote: »
    This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer's customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card. *

Help! Getting this error when adding card to paypal .. Got card today checked balance .. It's definitely there!

have you found out what the problem is?

Getting this same error when trying to pay on ebay,,mine is activated also only used it online a few days ago,,If it is a PerfectCard Giftcard which you have im certain you can use it online,i have mailed perfect card and i will let you know what they say when i hear back from them.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    ah jaysus ive only just come from town i was in the Jervis as well :( what's the story do you have to put money onto it there and then or what's the craic?

Sounds good anyway :)

Yeah, you give them the money and they give you a card. If you don't use all the funds on the card you can transfer the balance to a new card. it takes a maximum of €150. You can check the balance online but not put more money on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

I bought a DCS gift card yesterday and it won't work online for Ryanair :(

I bought a DCS gift card yesterday and it won't work online for Ryanair :(

DCS? Is that Dublin City Centre (DCC) or Dundrum Shopping Centre (DSC)? :confused:

My Dublin City one was working three days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sohan

got a crescent one today which apparently used to work with ryanair, but it is declining my payment

mind you i'm not sure what details to put in for name and address - anyone know?

is this the end for using gift voucher cards on ryanair?

sohan wrote: »
    got a crescent one today which apparently used to work with ryanair, but it is declining my payment

mind you i'm not sure what details to put in for name and address - anyone know?

is this the end for using gift voucher cards on ryanair?

In short yes. They have been phasing them out for the last while now. If you are going to use a prepaid mastercard they want you to use one with your name etc; on it! You're best bet is to get one that needs your details verifying, you can usually load them up online, or you can use 3V (expensive option).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭ithread

Just reading some of the posts on here, it looks like it is the end of using the prepaid mastercard online - for Ryanair anyway. I have been using them for a while and was trying to book flights the past 3 days only to keep getting 'NOT CONFIRMED' or 'your process has been locked' - whatever that means??

I have the Dundrum Town Centre gift card which is linked to perfectcard. If anyone knows why this will not work in Ryanair anymore - please let us know.

Cheers in advance and isn't it just typical bloody ryanair!

ithread wrote: »
    Just reading some of the posts on here, it looks like it is the end of using the prepaid mastercard online - for Ryanair anyway. I have been using them for a while and was trying to book flights the past 3 days only to keep getting 'NOT CONFIRMED' or 'your process has been locked' - whatever that means??

I have the Dundrum Town Centre gift card which is linked to perfectcard. If anyone knows why this will not work in Ryanair anymore - please let us know.

Cheers in advance and isn't it just typical bloody ryanair!

I know I did post this in this thread before now, but Ryanair won't accept voucher prepaid cards anymore, they will accept the 3V vouchers, but personally I don't think they are worth it. They will only accept an actual physical card number so you're best bet is to get a proper prepaid mastercard with your name etc; on it!

Thanks RacaelVO, I did see your previous post, after I had posted, so apologies for that! I had to book on my visa and grudgingly pay the visa charges in the end!!!!!!!!! I don't understand how Ryanair can get away with it but they seem to get away with a lot!

Cheers anyways

• Advertisement

ithread wrote: »
    Thanks RacaelVO, I did see your previous post, after I had posted, so apologies for that! I had to book on my visa and grudgingly pay the visa charges in the end!!!!!!!!! I don't understand how Ryanair can get away with it but they seem to get away with a lot!

Cheers anyways

No problem ;)

The main reason as I understand it, and I might have this a bit wrong! Visa is going to be the most dominant processed card in Europe (which is why most laser cards in Ireland will be changed to a visa type card) and Ryanair are against this as it will mean an increase in credit card charges for retailers (all retailers) as you can imagine Visa would have to have offered something for that to be the case in the EU. So ryanair made a deal for prepaid mastercards. And as mastercard want to have registered users to claim that they are more vastly used, they don't want voucher cards being used for Ryanair.

It's something like that, like I said I my have some of it a bit wrong!

Cheers for the info! I live in hope that something good will happen with regards to the prepaid card situation! What is it with companies wanting to take on the world ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I bought 3 tickets yesterday using Dublin City card bought in Jervis and it worked perfectly

docentore wrote: »
    I bought 3 tickets yesterday using Dublin City card bought in Jervis and it worked perfectly

That's a relief to hear. Like I said earlier in the thread, I used the Dublin City card at the weekend and it worked perfectly too but reading the posts here I was starting to think I just got lucky or something. So the fact is that not all cards are being blocked.

AFAIK Ryanair have to offer an option that doesn't require the €10 admin fee in order to legally advertise the price of their flights without including the fee. At the moment that option is pre-paid Mastercard. They can't remove that option without replacing it with another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 maire c

its the end of easy savings on Ryanair website. Tried and failed to use the Blachardstown gift card today that I only bought today. I should have checked this tread earlier!!

It was great while it lasted.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Sorry I meant to say Dundrum SC! However I brought it back, and she let me buy the new online card with my other gift card. The online card worked a treat, but it costs a fiver!

maire c wrote: »
    its the end of easy savings on Ryanair website. Tried and failed to use the Blachardstown gift card today that I only bought today. I should have checked this tread earlier!!

It was great while it lasted.....

yeah, I went to get one in Blanch, but the girl said it doesn't work online anymore and I'm better off to Dundrum. I didn't have time to go there so decided to take a chance with Dublin City card and it worked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

so, to confirm, as of now, the Dublin city card and the dundrum online card works fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Brilliant Dublin City still works!!

• Advertisement

so, to confirm, as of now, the Dublin city card and the dundrum online card works fine?

I can confirm that Dublin card worked for me on Thursday.

Advertisement