Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

so, to confirm, as of now, the Dublin city card and the dundrum online card works fine?

I've been through the mill this weekend with this issue but thankfully it all worked out OK (eventually :)).

I tired to get a local Limerick version of this card on Saturday at the Crescent S.C. but thankfully the nice lady there told me that they'd changed their one recently and it would no longer works on Ryanair.
    We decided then to try and get the Dundrum one and get the brother who lives in Dublin to pick it up and pass us on the details. To make it easy we decided to apply for it online with our CC details and email him the ref no to collect it. You're limited to €250 when you apply online but we needed €350 for family flights so we got charged €3.50 for each of 2 cards. When he went to collect them on Sunday morning they merged the balance onto 1 physical card.
    However, we forgot to tell him that the card was for online use (I stupidly assumed it would be as I bought it online :o) and of course he was just given the Dundrum S.C. version. Ryanair's website of course wouldn't accept that version, the flights we wanted went up in price and we had to get him to go back to Dundrum on Sunday evening and change it, for which he was charged another €5 on top of the original €7 (all of this to try and save €50). When we did get the online version it now wouldn't cover the new price of the flights and we were still looking at a messy situation. Added to this we had 2 x €50 Ryanair vouchers that we could no longer retrieve after the first failed attempt to use the Dundrum card. Tearing our hair out at this stage :(. By now I was worried about the flight prices going up again and I wanted to just book it. I was going to take the hit of the ryanair admin charges, higher flight prices, €312 tied up in a card I couldn't get much immediate use out of, and ignore the missing vouchers for the time being. I took a deep breath and decided to wait and sort it out today. Which, for a rare occasion, worked out in my favour :D.

I rang Ryanair customer service this morning and explained my vouchers had evaporated. They took details of the flight I was trying to book and were able to offer it back to me at the original rates and I was able to use the online Dundrum card ok :p. Plus the brother had told me about a better agent to use when booking the accommodation in the meantime and I saved another €100 there :D.

In conclusion, the Crescent S.C. card no longer works, the online Dundrum one does and the Ryanair Customer Service people were actually ok. However make sure the card value covers the full flight costs, bags, etc and maybe allow a bit extra on it in case the costs go up. It also helps if you can use that extra bit in Dundrum at some stage if you have no other use for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Well done, Customer Service Pavillions Swords. Had 6 old perfect cards containing various amounts which were no good for Ryanair flights anymore. They took them all back and now I have 1 card with €178 on it which works on Ryanair. Only snag it cost me a fiver for the new card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Well done, Customer Service Pavillions Swords. Had 6 old perfect cards containing various amounts which were no good for Ryanair flights anymore. They took them all back and now I have 1 card with €178 on it which works on Ryanair. Only snag it cost me a fiver for the new card.

Thats strange, I recently went to swords and bought one of the cards and tried to part pay with my old pavillions card and the assistant said I could not use it :mad:. Ended up spending it in the shops on various items.

Guess it depends on who you get to talk to in customer services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

so, to confirm, as of now, the Dublin city card and the dundrum online card works fine?

No. Dundrum not working. Only the Dublin City Gift Card

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭holly8

anyone out there know if any of the galway cards still work with ryanair? i want to get one for a wedding present but won't bother if they no longer work. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

jakdublin wrote: »

The Dundrum online card works. It costs 5e but there is still a saving to be had, esp if you are booking more than 1 person

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

pissed wrote: »
    Thats strange, I recently went to swords and bought one of the cards and tried to part pay with my old pavillions card and the assistant said I could not use it :mad:. Ended up spending it in the shops on various items.

Guess it depends on who you get to talk to in customer services.

I was told the same thing thats why I made the trip into Dublin to get the Dublin City Card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

Qprmeath wrote: »

The girl in Dundrum did this for me also. I said a had a few other old cards with small balances left on them. She said to bring them down & she would transfer the balances onto my new card.

Dundrum have two different cards, the perfect card online card (costs €5) which works online & instore.

x2mmbo.jpg

and the Dundrum Gift Card (also produced by Perfect Card) which used to work online but does NOT anymore. There was no charge to load these ones.

53ny9i.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

NetNinja wrote: »
    The girl in Dundrum did this for me also. I said a had a few other old cards with small balances left on them. She said to bring them down & she would transfer the balances onto my new card.

Update: I went down today with my old cards & the girl I was dealing with wasn't there. The guy on the desk said he couldn't transfer the old balances over that I had to purchase a brand new card & then he would transfer everything onto that. I explained I had already paid €5 for a card last week and the girl said she would do it. Anyway he wouldn't budge. So it looks like the girl miss led me or it just depends who you get serving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

This was on the back of a local paper this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

The swirlcard that was mentioned a few pages back is now available
    www.swirlcard.ie looks ok

cubix wrote: »
    This was on the back of a local paper this month.

What a strange ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Just tried to make a booking on Aer Arran with the Blanchardstown Perfectcard and it wouldn't work. Phoned them and they said that it can't be used for online purchases anymore. The only one you can now use is the perfectcard from Dundrum or Swords.

Bummer. €20 flight cost me an extra €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

i'l be booking flights with ryan air soon and will also be in the city on thursday and want to know which card should i get that would work online with ryan air?? I'm confused with all these different cards people are talking about!:D

i'l be booking flights with ryan air soon and will also be in the city on thursday and want to know which card should i get that would work online with ryan air?? I'm confused with all these different cards people are talking about!:D

Yeah, the thread has degenerated into confusion. The Dublin City Gift Card still works. You can get it at Ticketmaster in Jervis Street SC or Stephens' Green SC. You can upload a maximum of €150 onto the card. No charges for using the card, no admin fees with Ryanair.

If your flights come to more than €150, you could buy Ryanair vouchers (available in multiples of €25) and pay the balance with the gift card. The Ryanair vouchers cost €5 but you're still saving €10 per flight.

If you've any balance left on the gift card after buying the flights, you can transfer it onto a new card for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭Esel

NetNinja wrote: »
    Dundrum have two different cards, the perfect card online card (costs €5) which works online & instore. x2mmbo.jpg

and the Dundrum Gift Card (also produced by Perfect Card) which used to work online but does NOT anymore. There was no charge to load these ones.

53ny9i.jpg
    wolfyboy555, see the above post - the first card would seem to be the one you want - I've highlighted it in bold. I'm sure you can buy it in the city centre too.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Aug2009

I haven't been on in a while but if there is anyone thinking of getting a Bishopstown Credit Union card i would say definitiely do. I have one and it is great. I closed my bank account recently. It is that good. Great not having 3 or 4 cards in wallet. It seems to do it all.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Yeah, the thread has degenerated into confusion. The Dublin City Gift Card still works. You can get it at Ticketmaster in Jervis Street SC or Stephens' Green SC. You can upload a maximum of €150 onto the card. No charges for using the card, no admin fees with Ryanair.

If your flights come to more than €150, you could buy Ryanair vouchers (available in multiples of €25) and pay the balance with the gift card. The Ryanair vouchers cost €5 but you're still saving €10 per flight.

If you've any balance left on the gift card after buying the flights, you can transfer it onto a new card for free.

Quick question, when you but one of these cards what details do you enter for salutation, name, address etc???

Ideo wrote: »
    Quick question, when you but one of these cards what details do you enter for salutation, name, address etc???

I just put in my own details that I use for my regular credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

And just use the number and expiry that's on the card itself?

• Advertisement

Ideo wrote: »
    And just use the number and expiry that's on the card itself?

Yep, that's it. I was a bit worried about that the first time I used the card too but I use my usual name and address with the card number and expiry date and it works just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I was going to purchase a prepaid mastercard at Blanchardstown Shopping Centre today to buy Ryanair flights, but was informed that it no longer works online - restrictions have been placed!

Apart from Dundrum, is there any other store you can buy these from then use on Ryanair website?

EDIT: Just read the previous posts!

Now you can still use Dublin City card, but you can only load €150 onto it! Not great for family flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭holly8

holly8 wrote: »
    anyone out there know if any of the galway cards still work with ryanair? i want to get one for a wedding present but won't bother if they no longer work. thanks

Galway cards? anyone know? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Lads,

I caught an ad on tv recently for a new o2 card - think it was meant to be a credit card could be retopped up - no mention of charges - just wondering if anyone has one and tried it with Ryanair?

BTW - As above the perfect cards were blocked - I have €54 on one which has to now be spent in Dundrum!:rolleyes:

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Lads,

I caught an ad on tv recently for a new o2 card - think it was meant to be a credit card could be retopped up - no mention of charges - just wondering if anyone has one and tried it with Ryanair?

BTW - As above the perfect cards were blocked - I have €54 on one which has to now be spent in Dundrum!:rolleyes:

Dont know if it will work but even if it did you'd still have to pay the €10 booking fee because its visa and not mastercard. There's charges (€5) for buying the o2 card and top up fees too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

The young lad has a 8gb ipod which to download anything you have to open an account and give your CC details. Some games etc are free to DL and play for the first 10 or so goes which it would then ask you if you want to purchase it. In most cases like any other kid he will just click OK without reading anything.
    So can anyone tell me if these type of top up CCards will work with an apple account if there is nothing on them.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Cheers Jak - just noticed the visa sign on a newspaper advert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone used payzone recently? I've used the Dublin city card before which is great but I'm looking to book flights over €150

Anyone used payzone recently? I've used the Dublin city card before which is great but I'm looking to book flights over €150

You could buy Ryanair gift vouchers to pay off the bulk of the cost and use the Dublin City Card to pay the balance. For example, if the flights come to €230 buy vouchers for €200 and pay the €30 with the gift card. The vouchers cost €5 but it would probably still work out cheaper than Payzone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I bought an online card in Pavillions Shopping Centre in Swords and it works for Ryanair but you must ask for the online card not the regular gift card , The card can be loaded up for anything from €10.00 to €1000.00 and there is a €5.00 load and activation fee.

Advertisement