Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciaran_

so the dundrum online card still works? couldn't see this one on their website only the ordinary one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 995thewolf

I use payzone all the time, never had any problem, top-ups went in straight away,just make sure when you are paying,that it says payment successful on the piece of paper u get back from the person in the shop. I know the fees are a bit high but as it is a good service i dont mind. Been looking around and signed up for a neteller account. Waiting for card to come in the post. The card is free to get. I topped it up from my payzone card, payment went in striaght away and was charged 1.75% fee. Bank transfer is free but takes 2-4days. All in all seems a good alternative to payzone. Will post again when card arrives and try it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I purchased a Dublin City Gift Card (Jervis Street) today and handed the amount, then told the card now costs €2, still agreed to buy it, so dug out my old card and asked for the remainder of the old card to be transferred to the new one. The exact words said to me: We're not allowed to do that anymore.

Long time 3V user, I'd still use the Dublin City Gift Card over it, even with the €2 charge. Pity about not being able to transfer a remainder though.

Apologies if this has been stated already, but I bought my last card very recently, so it must be a fairly new charge\limitation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Karen23 wrote: »
    I bought an online card in Pavillions Shopping Centre in Swords and it works for Ryanair but you must ask for the online card not the regular gift card , The card can be loaded up for anything from €10.00 to €1000.00 and there is a €5.00 load and activation fee.
    Presumably this is the same Perfectcard that is available in Dundrum.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭cullenswood

does Neteller work for Aer Lingus?

• Advertisement

I dont know the neteller plus mastercard would work on aerligus but try sending them a email. They usually reply within 24hrs. You mite have to set up an account with them to access thier support department. I have found them quick to reply and helpfull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Karen23 wrote: »
    I bought an online card in Pavillions Shopping Centre in Swords and it works for Ryanair but you must ask for the online card not the regular gift card , The card can be loaded up for anything from €10.00 to €1000.00 and there is a €5.00 load and activation fee.
    Esel wrote: »
    Presumably this is the same Perfectcard that is available in Dundrum.

Yes it is

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Eola

Am I right and Blanchardstown center card is not working anymore?

^ Prett sure you are right.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

does Neteller work for Aer Lingus?

It most certainly does! It will pretty much work where you can use credit cards on and offline

• Advertisement

Just to refresh:

The Perfectcard (the one that works on Ryanair :D) is now available in the Blanchardstown Centre, the Pavilion in Swords, and the Dundrum Centre (info desk on the mezzanine, 2nd floor). Costs a flat €5, and you can load it with up to €1,000. No topping up possible. From month 13 on, if you have any funds left on it, they charge you €3 per month.

Ticketmaster (and possibly Ticketron, or are they the same?) also do an online card, but you can only load a max of €150 on it. Not sure if you can top it up.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭mikesp

The Perfectcard (the one that works on Ryanair :D) is now available in the Blanchardstown Centre, the Pavilion in Swords, and the Dundrum Centre (info desk on the mezzanine, 2nd floor). Costs a flat €5, and you can load it with up to €1,000. No topping up possible. From month 13 on, if you have any funds left on it, they charge you €3 per month.

Thank you SO much for your summary.

Two questions about that:
    - Once you buy the card, is there any way to "charge" it without going to Dumdrum Centre?
    - Can you "discharge" the card? I mean: you charge it with €200, but then your flight costs only €50... could you get those €150 back?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Yesterday I bought a Ryanair cheap flight and the card charge was almost 30% of the total amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Eola wrote: »
    Am I right and Blanchardstown center card is not working anymore?

Yes, you are right! I was about to buy a new card from the Customer services when I was informed it did not work online anymore :(

EDIT:
    Just to refresh:

The Perfectcard (the one that works on Ryanair :D) is now available in the Blanchardstown Centre,

Oh, is this a recent development - because I was told otherwise 3 weeks ago!

mikesp wrote: »
    Thank you SO much for your summary.

Two questions about that:
    - Once you buy the card, is there any way to "charge" it without going to Dumdrum Centre?
    - Can you "discharge" the card? I mean: you charge it with €200, but then your flight costs only €50... could you get those €150 back?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Yesterday I bought a Ryanair cheap flight and the card charge was almost 30% of the total amount.
    You load cash on the card at time of purchase. You cannot top it up later.

Afaik, you can't get cash from the card, but I am open to correction on this. You could possibly get the cash from it via paypal?

Not your ornery onager

kelle wrote: »
    Yes, you are right! I was about to buy a new card from the Customer services when I was informed it did not work online anymore :(

EDIT:

Oh, is this a recent development - because I was told otherwise 3 weeks ago!
    Yes, the Perfectcard only became available in the Blanchardstown Centre a week or two ago.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Yes, the Perfectcard only became available in the Blanchardstown Centre a week or two ago.

Thanks Esel - I will go forth and purchase next week :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

That's bad news, I liked the Dublin City Gift card because it had no fees.

I wonder if they would also charge the fee if you had to top up your existing card? It's possible the 2 Euro charge is only to cover the cost of issuing a new card.

I've followed the last few posts from this thread and it appears that there is no zero-fee prepaid card now that will help avoid the Ryanair fee?

Cheers, p.

Amalgam wrote: »
    I purchased a Dublin City Gift Card (Jervis Street) today and handed the amount, then told the card now costs €2, still agreed to buy it, so dug out my old card and asked for the remainder of the old card to be transferred to the new one. The exact words said to me: We're not allowed to do that anymore.

Long time 3V user, I'd still use the Dublin City Gift Card over it, even with the €2 charge. Pity about not being able to transfer a remainder though.

Apologies if this has been stated already, but I bought my last card very recently, so it must be a fairly new charge\limitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I wonder if they would also charge the fee if you had to top up your existing card? It's possible the 2 Euro charge is only to cover the cost of issuing a new card.

I've followed the last few posts from this thread and it appears that there is no zero-fee prepaid card now that will help avoid the Ryanair fee?

Cheers, p.

Is Neteller not pretty much zero fee?

Cheers, p.
    The Perfectcard, with flat €5 fee, which you can load with up to €1,000 is as close as makes no difference to me. If you put the max on it, the fee works out at 0.5%. I put €600 on mine, fee equalled 0.8%......

Not your ornery onager

The neteller pre-paid mastercard is free and free to top up, if u top up using your bank account. You can top it up by debit card also, its instant and 1.75% transaction fee. From the date i applied for the card to the time it arrived, took around 2 weeks. I scaned a copy of driving licence and bill statement to them via email and everything was fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Cheers, p.

What about when you buy the Dublin City Card in St. Stephen's Green? Do you get charged €2 there as well?

Also, more importantly does it still work with Ryanair?

Cheers,
    M

Do ryanair charge fees for the neteller card? Afterall it is a pre-paid mastercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

Yes, there was a sign put up to that effect. I'd used it with Ryanair just a few weeks ago. Shouldn't any prepay Mastercard work with Ryanair?
    madmoe wrote: »
    What about when you buy the Dublin City Card in St. Stephen's Green? Do you get charged €2 there as well?

Also, more importantly does it still work with Ryanair?

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 StarryEyedX

There's a card called the 'expression card'.ya can get it from www.expressioncard.ie at a cost of €12.75. ya can use it to dodge ryanair fees aswell so its pretty handy..ya just top it up and your sorted.ya can use it anywhere that accepts Mastercard. Ya can personalise it for free just upload a picture.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

just got a perfect card in blanch sc and it worked a treat , booked 4 people via stanstead to malaga in july and saved over 100 euro , also going via stanstead was less that half the cost going dublin malaga direct , saved 600 euro in total

Just heard something on the tv about ryanair going to charge and extra 2 euro from next monday on all flights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

galait wrote: »
    just got a perfect card in blanch sc and it worked a treat , booked 4 people via stanstead to malaga in july and saved over 100 euro , also going via stanstead was less that half the cost going dublin malaga direct , saved 600 euro in total

did you get the bog standard card or did you have to ask for a special one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

I did have to ask for the online card , They will give you the electronic no charge version if you don't ask for the online card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

galait wrote: »
    I did have to ask for the online card , They will give you the electronic no charge version if you don't ask for the online card
    whereabouts in Blanch SC did you get this card from mate is it the customer services desk?

edit - i just read back a bit it seems you cant top this up after initially putting cash on it which is no good to me.

Is there any pre pay mastercard where you can just keep topping it up to avoid swineair booking fees?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Turnips

Is the Blanchardstown Perfect gift card still working on Ryanair? Has anyone actually booked a flight with it in the last day or two?

I've used them a good few times in the past, but bought one last week and it's not working - the payment is being rejected?

Anyone?

Advertisement