Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Turnips wrote: »
    Is the Blanchardstown Perfect gift card still working on Ryanair? Has anyone actually booked a flight with it in the last day or two?

I've used them a good few times in the past, but bought one last week and it's not working - the payment is being rejected?

Anyone?

You probably got the "Electronic Use Only" Card , Check your card to see if " Electronic Use Only" is written on the card ,

If you go back to Customer Service this transfer the balance to an "Online Card"

This happened to me to-day ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Turnips

Ah that's exactly what I got. So what does 'electronic use only' mean? Can you use it literally only in Blanchardstown?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭Esel

There's a card called the 'expression card'.ya can get it from www.expressioncard.ie at a cost of €12.75. ya can use it to dodge ryanair fees aswell so its pretty handy..ya just top it up and your sorted.ya can use it anywhere that accepts Mastercard. Ya can personalise it for free just upload a picture.. :)
    Are there any vacancies for Sales Representatives? :pac:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Sorry for asking this if it's all ready been asked.....

Can you avoid the charge for gift vouchers?

Also what about Liffey Valley gift card, will that work?

Cheers,

B

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciaran_

Signed up for a netteller account and just tried to book ryanair flights using it but "Issue number is too long" came up when i tried to complete the purchase,anyone any ideas?? its the virtual prepaid mastercard if that makes any difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

ciaran_ wrote: »
    Signed up for a netteller account and just tried to book ryanair flights using it but "Issue number is too long" came up when i tried to complete the purchase,anyone any ideas?? its the virtual prepaid mastercard if that makes any difference
    Hi Ciaran
    the virtual prepaid mastercard does not work. You need the phyical prepaid mastercard

cheers clancy, just applied for it hopefully won't take too long and flights are same price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

galait wrote: »
    You probably got the "Electronic Use Only" Card , Check your card to see if " Electronic Use Only" is written on the card ,

If you go back to Customer Service this transfer the balance to an "Online Card"

This happened to me to-day ,

They told me I'd have to go to Dundrum and transfer it there as Blanchardstown don't do 'electronic use' anymore. Did you get yours exchanged in Blanchardstown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Tazz T wrote: »
    They told me I'd have to go to Dundrum and transfer it there as Blanchardstown don't do 'electronic use' anymore. Did you get yours exchanged in Blanchardstown?

Blanch transferred for me no problem , The lady who did it even packaged in a different card holder which advocated using it online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭championc

So I can confirm 100% that the Dundrum Gift Card NO LONGER works with Ryanair. So it seems like the Perfect Card is possibly the simplest alternative.

Which cards allow topup without any form of monthly or annual charge (and which have the cheapest purchase cost) ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

There's a card called the 'expression card'.ya can get it from www.expressioncard.ie at a cost of €12.75. ya can use it to dodge ryanair fees aswell so its pretty handy..ya just top it up and your sorted.ya can use it anywhere that accepts Mastercard. Ya can personalise it for free just upload a picture.. :)

Anyone use one of these cards?Can they confirm if they work on Ryanair flights?
    was looking at the website seems ok.€12.95 to buy the card and 2.95% transaction fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

I have not read all of this thread, got smothered with info in it way back,

but, I recently bought a master card from Payzone.
    it cost 6 euro and 3.50 fee to load up to 150 euro on to it. I think it costs 4 euro to load a higher amount.
    . This works with ryanair.

I was booking three return flights ,total 190 euro.
    I had to buy two cards as the max amount putable on at time of purchase was 150 euro.
    So the cards cost 12 euro (6x2) and 7 euro (2x3.5) and I saved 30 euro off Ryanair (3 round trips). Since i regard the purchase pice as ok I reckoned I saved 30 -7 euro on that family trip

I then filled in my details on line to payzone and got cards which will now accept more( think its 1500) .If i want to go over this per annum I have to send them I.D. It would not allow me to register two cards ,so one went in wifes name.

their website is payzonemoney.ie, i imagine there is a list of outlets on there.

Regards ,Rugbyman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I ordered the expression card today,it was the quickest one to get and the least hassle.I will let ye know how i get on.

Perfectcard still looking good against the above two (Expression and Payzone) imo.

Load at point of purchase (no reloading) with up to €1000. Purchase cost €5. No transaction fees. Use unused balance towards purchase of another card when the card is running low.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

anyplace in galway selling these type of mastercards?
    ones that work with ryanair that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mccarrd2

Perfect card defo cant be reloaded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I dunno if this is the new standard but Permanent TSB just sent me my new ATM card which is also a Visa card. I can use it online like a Visa and it takes money out of my account and there are NO FEES (with the exception of the annual stamp tax of €2.50).

This could mean the end of top-up credit cards in Ireland as we know it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

CptSternn wrote: »
    I dunno if this is the new standard but Permanent TSB just sent me my new ATM card which is also a Visa card. I can use it online like a Visa and it takes money out of my account and there are NO FEES (with the exception of the annual stamp tax of €2.50).

It's just a Visa Debit card. They've been issuing those in the UK for years, while we've had to put up with crappy Ireland-only Laser. In any case, Visa Debit is not the same prepaid Mastercard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Esel wrote: »
    Yes, the Perfectcard only became available in the Blanchardstown Centre a week or two ago.

Thanks for this info, it has just come in handy!

mccarrd2 wrote: »
    Perfect card defo cant be reloaded?
    No, but you can use it as part payment for a new card.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

Have you tried it with RyanAir? It would be very useful to know if the card avoided the fees, as AFAIK RyanAir only waives fees with the prepaid Mastercard?

CptSternn wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Have you tried it with RyanAir? It would be very useful to know if the card avoided the fees, as AFAIK RyanAir only waives fees with the prepaid Mastercard?

I know from using my own that Visa Debit card does not avoid Ryanair fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Is there a card at present out there that you CAN actually reload with money that avoids the Ryanair fees?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

I believe the neteller card will do that for you

W.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Is there a card at present out there that you CAN actually reload with money that avoids the Ryanair fees?

Thanks

Moneybookers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I believe the neteller card will do that for you

W.

Yep. Neteller.

got my neteller card today and booked flights with it no prob,but if your going to apply you need a few days for sending them documents and then waiting for the actual card to be sent out but well worth it and easy to load it from yous current a/c online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭loopymum

I'm a bit lost as to which cards still work with Ryanair, I am in the wilds of County Cork so the gift cards in Dublin are useless to me.
    The flights are €403 for 2ad 2ch + 1 infant.

Do payzone cards still work and how long do they take to come, what about the neteller cards?

Which should I get?

I work inthe local shop so the boss said I can get the payzone card at cost from him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I used neteller at the weekend to pay for flights on Ryanair.

neteller didn't accept payment from my laser card though...only credit card.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

I used neteller at the weekend to pay for flights on Ryanair.

neteller didn't accept payment from my laser card though...only credit card.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Yeah, signed up for an account over the weekend and had it upgraded to extended yesterday so I could get the prepaid Mastercard.

Tried to load it via my Ulster Bank Visa debit and it was declined, and I can't transfer money via internet banking as the sort code is not an Irish one.

So the only free loading option for me is to do it in the bank. Suddenly it's not so convenient!

But I'll be in there tomorrow, anything to avoid giving Mr. O'Leary more of my hard-earned!

Advertisement