Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

The Moneybookers card works flawlessly on Ryanair and you can upload via Debit/Credit card and Bank Account. Oh, and it only costs €10 per year.

It's really not that difficult tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭biebiebie

+1 for Moneybookers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Yeah Moneybookers you can upload money with a laser card and it's usable within a few seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 995thewolf

I have been using neteller and never had a problem. U might not be able to load money to your account by your visa debit or bank account because some banks and visa debit cards do not deposit to gaming or gambling sites. Neteller is the biggest one in the uk. If u have a payzone prepaid card it will allow u to deposit money in your account straight away. Remember to have and additional amount for fees. Just go to transfere money by credit card in your neteller account, enter mastercard as credit card and card number etc.
    I used my neteller card in the uk at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciaran_

kellsred wrote: »
    Yeah, signed up for an account over the weekend and had it upgraded to extended yesterday so I could get the prepaid Mastercard.

Tried to load it via my Ulster Bank Visa debit and it was declined, and I can't transfer money via internet banking as the sort code is not an Irish one.

So the only free loading option for me is to do it in the bank. Suddenly it's not so convenient!

But I'll be in there tomorrow, anything to avoid giving Mr. O'Leary more of my hard-earned!

I Had no problem topping up my neteller a/c with my ulster bank visa debit card,but had to wait until I recieved the physcial prepaid mastercard and activated it until it all worked. Have you recieved your card yet?

• Advertisement

Once you have a neteller account you should be able to load funds to it, while waiting for the card. It is worth checking with your bank if you can make international transferes from your internet banking. I use payzone and neteller instead of my normal visa card. Payzone has worked perfectly for me as well. With both cards online purchases show up immediately. No problems so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

995thewolf wrote: »
    I have been using neteller and never had a problem. U might not be able to load money to your account by your visa debit or bank account because some banks and visa debit cards do not deposit to gaming or gambling sites. Neteller is the biggest one in the uk. If u have a payzone prepaid card it will allow u to deposit money in your account straight away. Remember to have and additional amount for fees. Just go to transfere money by credit card in your neteller account, enter mastercard as credit card and card number etc.
    I used my neteller card in the uk at the weekend.

You can also load neteller free with ukash, just buy a voucher in a local shop and load it up, it's instant. They used to charge for it, but it's free now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭jos28

I have just signed up on line for Neteller, it's telling me I have an 'express account'. Is this what I need to book Ryanair flights without charges ? Can I just load this using my laser card or do I need to apply for a physical Neteller card. Apologies for all the questions. Just a bit confused :confused:

jos28 wrote: »
    I have just signed up on line for Neteller, it's telling me I have an 'express account'. Is this what I need to book Ryanair flights without charges ? Can I just load this using my laser card or do I need to apply for a physical Neteller card. Apologies for all the questions. Just a bit confused :confused:

You need to get an extended account and get the prepaid mastercard for the ryanair flights without charges. You need to verify your account and then they give you the card. You can't load it with laser AFAIK, but you can with maestro

^
    Thanks Rachael !

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    ^
    Thanks Rachael !

Pleasure...

It can be a bit of a pain verifying your account, but once you do it's done, and they have so many ways that are free to load up your card, and when you use it at points of sale and online they don't charge you, unlike some prepaid cards. The only time they charge you when you use it, is when you withdraw cash off it (4e). I'm a big fan (could ya tell?).

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Pleasure...

It can be a bit of a pain verifying your account, but once you do it's done, and they have so many ways that are free to load up your card, and when you use it at points of sale and online they don't charge you, unlike some prepaid cards. The only time they charge you when you use it, is when you withdraw cash off it (4e). I'm a big fan (could ya tell?).
    Thanks for all the info. I was looking at their FAQs and it looks like doing an online transfer directly from my current account looks like my best option for loading the Neteller. My son has moved to the UK and I will be booking plenty of Ryanair flights so I'll be very happy not to pay Mr O'Leary the fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

ciaran_ wrote: »
    I Had no problem topping up my neteller a/c with my ulster bank visa debit card,but had to wait until I recieved the physcial prepaid mastercard and activated it until it all worked. Have you recieved your card yet?

Still waiting for the card, hopefully that will work.
    Thanks for the info!

hi jos28, i just emailed a scaned copy of my driving licence and a bill, where u could clearly see name address etc to neteller. The account was upgraded from express to extended about 3 to 4 days later. However it did take about 10 working days for the physical card to arrive. I have had no problems using my card in the uk. I agree with you. No fees for mr o'learly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I might have missed this somewhere further back the thread, but can Moneybookers be used immediately once the account is set up?

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I might have missed this somewhere further back the thread, but can Moneybookers be used immediately once the account is set up?

Yes and no. You can put money on it and pay to other moneybookers accounts, but there are pretty low limits.

To get the prepaid card and have higher limits, you need to verify your account! They can be a bit picky about verification, and I have to say, I did consider getting their card, but changed my mind, I don't rate their customer services at all!

hi kellsred, did u manage to get your neteller account topped up via card or internet banking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I actually found MoneyBookers verification quite easy. They simply put a small charge on your Laser card (<€3), any you verify that amount when it appears on your statement/online banking (you only get 3 attempts so someone can't just keep guessing). The amount gets refunded to your account too. Other than that its the usual passport/bill to be sent. You can scan/post, or upload photos of these online over https. No big deal really ;)
    Yes and no. You can put money on it and pay to other moneybookers accounts, but there are pretty low limits.

To get the prepaid card and have higher limits, you need to verify your account! They can be a bit picky about verification, and I have to say, I did consider getting their card, but changed my mind, I don't rate their customer services at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

New prepaid Mastercard option to be launched on May 6. I read the PR blurb and there's no mention of fees. That's not to say there isn't any.

http://www.monaghanlifecard.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Bawnmore wrote: »

You need to wait for your card to be sent out as it is a physical card you get. You can add funds to it straight away though if you want :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kevface91

I can also confirm that the Dublin City Gift Card is now charging 2 euro to issue the card. when i asked did it still work with ryanair he said yes, but then again, he may not have understood that i meant for avoiding the card fee. can anyone confirm theyve booked a ryanair flight with no fees since the introduction of the DCGC fee? I have to book flights in the next week or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭number_1

jakdublin wrote: »
    New prepaid Mastercard option to be launched on May 6. I read the PR blurb and there's no mention of fees. That's not to say there isn't any.

http://www.monaghanlifecard.ie

There are fees - http://www.monaghanlifecard.ie/fees_summary.html

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

Kev, I've recently booked Ryanair with the Dublin City Gift Card, I was charged the 2Euro fee as well but saved the admin fees when booking online. HTH.

Kevface91 wrote: »
    I can also confirm that the Dublin City Gift Card is now charging 2 euro to issue the card. when i asked did it still work with ryanair he said yes, but then again, he may not have understood that i meant for avoiding the card fee. can anyone confirm theyve booked a ryanair flight with no fees since the introduction of the DCGC fee? I have to book flights in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭loopymum

Do neteller automatically upgrade the card for you after they verify details or do you need to do it yourself?

I supplied documention on 14 April but they weren't happy with the passport so I resent that to them on the 22nd April but didn't get any email from them since and I'm just logged into the account & it seems like there is an option to upgrade now but I can't because the address they have for me is missing the State.

loopymum wrote: »
    Do neteller automatically upgrade the card for you after they verify details or do you need to do it yourself?

I supplied documention on 14 April but they weren't happy with the passport so I resent that to them on the 22nd April but didn't get any email from them since and I'm just logged into the account & it seems like there is an option to upgrade now but I can't because the address they have for me is missing the State.

When they verify your account they will call you. If they are being a bit slow, contact them via FB, Twitter or what I'd do is, request a call back, they are usually pretty good at call you back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭loopymum

When they verify your account they will call you. If they are being a bit slow, contact them via FB, Twitter or what I'd do is, request a call back, they are usually pretty good at call you back!

Thank you! I had a couple of missed calls from a private no on my mobile, I wonder was that them?

loopymum wrote: »
    Thank you! I had a couple of missed calls from a private no on my mobile, I wonder was that them?

It may well have been them alright. They can (at times) be a bit slow, but they are always polite and very helpful.

I can't say the same about another prepaid supplier, who I found to be a bit rude, so I just didn't bother with them

Hi loopymum, if u email neteller and ask them to give u a call or reply to you via email, they are usually pretty quick at getting back to you. i find neteller great. If u log into your account and go to the support section you will see where u can send them an instant email. You can also send them a scaned copy of your driving licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 wackjob

replaced my payzone worldwide money card with a new swirl card chip and pin. got 20% as I was an existing payzone money customer.

works fine on ryan air, you can get one online or in payzone retailers

http://www.swirlcard.com/index.php?country=ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 starsinmyeyes

I just registered for a mywirecard but you can load it from other cards only by wire transfer. Which if you are like me and are a BOI this mean regustering the card as a beneficiary waiting 3-5 days for an activation code then being able to transfer money

Advertisement