Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 wackjob

I just registered for a mywirecard but you can load it from other cards only by wire transfer. Which if you are like me and are a BOI this mean regustering the card as a beneficiary waiting 3-5 days for an activation code then being able to transfer money

you can get a payzone worldwide money card or swirl card in most payzone agents and load and spend instantly, no waiting. might be an option for you.

see from the website they are also adding bank account to card in June, you have to load in retail at he moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Folks - just to confirm that you can avoid the booking fees with ryanair with a Neteller card, you need to have the actual card (they will post it out to you usually takes about 12 days ) and have an extended account, it's a bit of hassle to get but ive just booked a flight and no fees so that is what ive been looking for all along, i just loaded cash from my debit card into my neteller account and it went in straight away.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Folks - just to confirm that you can avoid the booking fees with ryanair with a Neteller card, you need to have the actual card (they will post it out to you usually takes about 12 days ) and have an extended account, it's a bit of hassle to get but ive just booked a flight and no fees so that is what ive been looking for all along, i just loaded cash from my debit card into my neteller account and it went in straight away.:)

Good news! So your staying once you get the card there are no top up fees etc? Is there a fee to get it?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭loopymum

I got my neteller last week and I look forward to using it, seems very simple, feck all fees. Don't lose it though as it's €15 to replace it.

I had a look at the swirl one and there are loads of fees to use and even more if you don't, I certainly wouldn't bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

madmoe wrote: »
    Good news! So your staying once you get the card there are no top up fees etc? Is there a fee to get it?

Cheers,
    M

No top up fees (only with your credit card but it has lots of free options), no admin fees, no point of sales charges.

The only charge they have is, is you take money out at an ATM. Its e4. But it's 4 euro for 20e and its 4 for 300e.

It's brilliant, I love it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Does this card work for Ryanair?

http://www.jervis.ie/gift-card

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 frankie55

Hi i booked some Ryanair fights today the total was 142 for the flights

i used the swirl instant virtual prepaid mastercard i bought & loaded in a newsagents

the fee for loading the card upto €150 is €3.50

so instead of having to pay €24 admin fee it was just 3.50 to load the swirl instant

worked like a charm

So can anyone confirm if the Jervis card works? http://www.jervis.ie/gift-card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

It looks like a prepaid mastercard so Im sure it will work. You can get a card in the Pavillions Swords which definitely works. Costs a fiver but you can load as much as you want at purchase time. Cant be reloaded though. Thats what I use anyway. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭Esel

PIMPHO wrote: »
    Does this card work for Ryanair?

http://www.jervis.ie/gift-card

Thanks
    Should work OK. Doesn't it have a limit of €150 or something though?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    Should work OK. Doesn't it have a limit of €150 or something though?

No limit is €1,250

http://www.rgfinancial.eu/TermsAndConditionsJS.asp?SC=JS

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I got my neteller+ account set up - but both of my Ulster Bank cards are declined on it. I called UB and they said there was nothing on their side blocking the transaction. Has anyone else had the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

jenizzle wrote: »
    I got my neteller+ account set up - but both of my Ulster Bank cards are declined on it. I called UB and they said there was nothing on their side blocking the transaction. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Yep. They told me the same. Luckily I had a student account with AIB which can easily transfer money via internet banking.

Couldn't do it on my UB account. Maybe if I went into the branch, but I never got a chance to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

loopymum wrote: »
    I got my neteller last week and I look forward to using it, seems very simple, feck all fees. Don't lose it though as it's €15 to replace it.
    There's also a €20 fee if you don't use the card for a year. Easy to avoid, but something to be aware of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Works for the Galway SHopping centre card too ha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 cartman555

Does anyone know how the Swirlcard works, I bought an Instant card, registered, bought one or two small things and would like to top it up. However I think I you have to add vouchers for whatever amount you require.

I'm just wondering if I add vouchers will they all still be registered to the one Mastercard number or will it just be a new mastercard number. Its just because I need the full amount on the one card to make the transaction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

I wanted a card for booking hotels etc without the hassle of possible stealth charges so opted for Neteller+.

Have been unable to load from my BoI laser card, Neteller washed their hands of it tbh, wasn't impressed by their customer service. Bank of Ireland said their systems could handle such a transaction and they did not block same.

Can anyone confirm which giftcards around Dublin work? I know Dundrum and Blanch don't, and I need to book some flights today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭holly8

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Works for the Galway SHopping centre card too ha

do you mean that there is no ryanair fees when using galway shopping centre card? i used it ages ago & no probs but thought this card no longer worked as it was not associated with an account

Can anyone confirm which giftcards around Dublin work? I know Dundrum and Blanch don't, and I need to book some flights today :)
    The Perfectcard from Dundrum and Airside Swords work. I think it's available in Blanch as well.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

The Perfectcard from Dundrum and Airside Swords work. I think it's available in Blanch as well.

Ah ok, it's just that someone posted a few pages back saying that the Dundrum one didn't avoid the charges. I know for certain that the one that Blanch hand out doesn't avoid the charges.

I think I should have worded my question better :)

The gift cards don't work, but the Perfectcard does. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cheryl07

cartman555 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the Swirlcard works, I bought an Instant card, registered, bought one or two small things and would like to top it up. However I think I you have to add vouchers for whatever amount you require.

I'm just wondering if I add vouchers will they all still be registered to the one Mastercard number or will it just be a new mastercard number. Its just because I need the full amount on the one card to make the transaction?

I think with that one you have to add the voucher and get a new mastercard number. You can get the Swirl MasterCard which you can reload continuously and have the same Mastercard number. I changed from the Worldwide Money card to Swirl and am happy enough with it. The fees have been reduced too

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭foreversky

was thinking of gething swirl mastercard.already have payzone one stopped using.got 02 much cheaper.top up e50 is only e1.compared to 3.50 topup payzone mastercard

• Registered Users Posts: 30 krb1979

Hi All,
    I have been following this thread over the last few weeks as I was planning to get a prepaid card to use on ryan air.
    I ended up applyting to both neteller and moneybookers just to see which one got back to me first.
    I must say that you have to be patient with both. ALthough I sent them very high resolution image scans of docs, they both asked me to resend the docs and I had to engage with both their customer service on a couple of occasions. So at the end of about 1 month I finally have the neteller card. I won't be bothering with moneybookers.
    Neteller card is free, moneybookers charge 10 euros.

The easieist way to top up the neteller card is through ukash.(my personal opinion) Here again it was a learning curve for me. I used a voucher for the first time and got an error. So the next time I used it I entered a lesser amount than that on the voucher. This time it worked, but then I couldn't upload the balance of the ukash voucher on Neteller. I then found out that you can only use 1 ukash voucher once with neteller. Also, ukash/netbanx automatically genereate a new 19 digit voucher number for you with the remaining balance on the ukash voucher. You then have to use this new number to top up the neteller a/c.

If all goes well I will use my neteller card next week to book with ryan air and save some $$$.

I found this thread extremely useful.Thanks.Hope my experience will add to the useful info on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 PrettyButch

Hi, Would it be possible to start a poll, or something?
    Where all of the cards are in one place, and rated, by (For Example)

1. Fees
    2. Ease of Top-up
    3. Works with Ryanair
    4. Expiry time (If Applicable)
    5. Customer Support
    6. Benefits (If any) (Rewards/Bonuses)
    7. Accepted on most sites?
    8. Speed of money transferred to card after top up

Or some sort of points system.

As i just read through this entire thread, (Well Skimmed a lot of it) and i still am a bit confused as to what card to go for, as far as i can make out, there is a top three.. Moneybookers, Neteller, Perfectcard, and maybe Swirlcard..
    I could be way wrong, and i might have missed a card or two.

Here, (In no particular order) are all of the cards i can see.
    Some of these cards may be the same or Affiliated with each other, so they could be cancelled out. I think this would be really helpful to people like me, who find this all very confusing, Is there even a card that will work for all sites, and is not a rip off..

Jervis Centre Card
    SwirlCard
    ExpressionCard
    ZapaCard
    3V Card
    Galway Shopping Centre Card
    MultiCentre Card
    MoneyBookers Card
    MyWireCard
    Dublin City GiftCard
    PayZone Card
    Neteller Card
    PerfectCard
    SkyCourt Shannon GiftCard
    Blanchardstown Card

Hope this is possible.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Bens

The gift cards don't work, but the Perfectcard does. :D

Just to check.
    If I go to the customer service desk in Airside and ask for the Perfectcard, do I get it there and then? And that works with ryanair?

Thanks

Bens wrote: »
    Just to check.
    If I go to the customer service desk in Airside and ask for the Perfectcard, do I get it there and then? And that works with ryanair?

Thanks
    Yes and yes. You can only load it once, to a max of €1,000 (at time of purchase), and it costs €5. After a year, they start charging a monthly fee.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Bens

Yes and yes. You can only load it once, to a max of €1,000 (at time of purchase), and it costs €5. After a year, they start charging a monthly fee.

Sounds good. Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

What Billing address do you use for the Galway Shopping Centre card?

Advertisement