Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭Esel

jwcurtin wrote: »
    What Billing address do you use for the Galway Shopping Centre card?
    What actual card is it?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 995thewolf

I have been using the neteller card for over 4 months now and never had a problem with it. I had over a hundred euros left on my payzone mastercard and topped up my neteller card with it no problem, I just clicked on the credit card transfere button etc and went in straight away just had the transactions fee as well. Anyone with the neteller card should use it, i find it brilliant. I notice some people are having trouble with bank transferes, I know they don't take some lazer transactions and some credit card companies dont transfere funds either because they are a gaming and betting site as well. So far so good with me and neteller, if i have a problem at some stage i will let ye know. A quick way to put money into your neteller account would be to use the O2 visa card if u have one. Fees less than using payzone if you needed money it your neteller account instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Cant transfer from my boi laser to my neteller, so crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Esel wrote: »
    What actual card is it?

It's a Mastercard but the card "is property of Newcastle Building Society".

What Billing address do you use for the Galway Shopping Centre card?
    What actual card is it?
    It's a Mastercard but the card "is property of Newcastle Building Society".
    Have you tried your own address? Pretty sure that works on most prepaid Mastercards....

You could try searching this thread for 'address' or 'billing address' and you might find something relevant.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Bens

Have you tried your own address? Pretty sure that works on most prepaid Mastercards....

You could try searching this thread for 'address' or 'billing address' and you might find something relevant.

I just used it thanks to your good advice.
    Just put in my own address and it was accepted.

My neteller account is in us dollars, i tried to book flights for 621 euros but it tried to charge me 937 dollars which is 656 euros.

Is this standard for them?
    35 euros currency conversion seems excessive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

mdwexford wrote: »
    My neteller account is in us dollars, i tried to book flights for 621 euros but it tried to charge me 937 dollars which is 656 euros.

Is this standard for them?
    35 euros currency conversion seems excessive.

Neteller's forex fee is 2.5% (same as MBNA credit cards). The "norm" is usually 1.75% in Ireland / UK.

Can you either get a Neteller account in EUR or pay for your flights is USD? Why do you have a USD account with Neteller anyway, are you based in the US?

Neteller's forex fee is 2.5% (same as MBNA credit cards). The "norm" is usually 1.75% in Ireland / UK.

Can you either get a Neteller account in EUR or pay for your flights is USD? Why do you have a USD account with Neteller anyway, are you based in the US?

I contacted Neteller and they said the fee wasnt on their end but i knew it had to be what you said above.

I can cancel my current account and setup a euros one but then id have to change it back after the transaction so its mega hassle.

No i use it for poker where all the sites are in dollars so it makes sense to have Neteller in dollars so you dont get hit with currency fees all the time.

Could you just set up an additional, second EUR Neteller account?

What website are you trying to book flights at?

I would definitely avoid the whole unnecessary EUR>USD>EUR conversion thing.

• Advertisement

No Neteller say you can only have one account, load of crap.

Ryanair, luckily they reduced the price of my flights today so i just took the hit and booked them, 39 euro fee on a 521 flight is a joke though.

Would it have not been easier just to book flights with laser card for you. I know laser will soon be a thing of the past, the banks are changing to visa debit cards. Did u try using your laser card to top up ur neteller account via internet banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭foreversky

just received my chip and mastercard :Dand got mastercard instant one aswell:rolleyes: didt ask for it.they sent it out coz it was free theres a gud change ill never use it.have 02 money card.

The o2 money card is a visa pre-paid card and will not avoid the fees for flights, i think its only a pre-paid mastercard that ryanair accept to avoid the extra charges. However the O2 visa card has less charges than the payzone card.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭foreversky

ryanair does accept prepaid mastercard.says in leaflet i got:D.if its in active for for 2 mths then u are charged 3.50:( a mth unless there no money on it. o2 card if u dont use it for 15 mths then u are charged 1.50 a mth:)

and theres medius mastercard no topping fees ,e39 yearlyl fee.up uplaod money via bank transfer.back up card for me

995thewolf wrote: »
    Would it have not been easier just to book flights with laser card for you. I know laser will soon be a thing of the past, the banks are changing to visa debit cards. Did u try using your laser card to top up ur neteller account via internet banking.

Yeah with a BOI one, wouldnt work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Just a quick thought lads: you, boardsies have never ever thought about helping out each other? Ok, it requires some degree of trust but maybe doable. Ones who do have a card helps the ones out who don't have and in return you get some donation for your help enough for a bar of chocolate or something. Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

will the 5 euro blanch card avoid ryanair fee,s completely so say my flight is 500 is that all i need on the card

massy086 wrote: »
    will the 5 euro blanch card avoid ryanair fee,s completely so say my flight is 500 is that all i need on the card
    If you mean the one called Perfectcard, which costs €5 to buy (and onto which you can load money only once -at time of purchase - up to a max of €1,000), then yes, it does work on Ryanair (no fee).

The gift card, however, does not work as far as I know.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Desenzano2000

Guys,

Can you book fights on Aerlingus.com or Lufthansa or car rentals with this PERFECT CARD?

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Guys,

Can you book fights on Aerlingus.com or Lufthansa or car rentals with this PERFECT CARD?

Cheers.

Yes but with Aer Lingus it's better to use Entropay (Visa Electron).

Thank you Kotek. Anyone tried to book a car with PERFECT CARD instead of regular credit card.

Thank you Kotek. Anyone tried to book a car with PERFECT CARD instead of regular credit card.
    Pretty sure it won't work for car rental.

Not your ornery onager

To prepay for it online, definitely. But you probably won't be able to use it for deposit when you collect the car as it's not in your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 paulyg123

Does the Dublin City Gift Card still work to avoid the CC charges with Ryanair? I know there is now a €2 charge but this would be easily saved booking a few flights.
    I know the question has come up a few times but I haven't been able to find a recent mention on the situation with the card.

To prepay for it online, definitely. But you probably won't be able to use it for deposit when you collect the car as it's not in your name.

Thanks Kotek

paulyg123 wrote: »
    Does the Dublin City Gift Card still work to avoid the CC charges with Ryanair? I know there is now a €2 charge but this would be easily saved booking a few flights.
    I know the question has come up a few times but I haven't been able to find a recent mention on the situation with the card.

My issue with Dublin City Gift Card is this stupid 150 EUR cap.
    Many times when I was flying somewhere I have to pay 160EUR, 180EUR etc.

Second thing I hate is if you bought a flight for less, say 120 EUR, then you have to spend this 30 EUR balance in shops. The last thing I want is another card in my wallet.

I rather buy PERFECT CARD for lets say 350-400 EUR and use it withing 12 months instead of buying a number of Dublin City Gift Cards.

PERFECT CARD can be bought for up to 1000 EUR as far I am concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭steof1984

Would love an answer on the Dublin City Gift Card also. Currently in town and it would save me a trip to Swords, Blanch or Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

The Dublin City Card *does* still work with Ryanair - booked flights last week with it.
    I normally work out the cost of the flights in advance and then buy a card for as near to that amount as possible, so I'm not left with loads on the card. You can of course books flights for companions later with a different card, but will get hit with the €2 fee to buy another.
    To use up the odd amounts left over (2.02 euro or whatever) I buy Amazon gift vouchers. Register the card with Amazon, find out what the equiv in sterling is, knock a few pence off to allow for the card's exchange rate, and Bob's your uncle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 paulyg123

Thanks nephster, thanks for the info and the tips on the Amazon gift vouchers. I'm going to book a few cheap flights so the €150 limit isn't a problem for me :D. Off down to get a card at lunch time.

Advertisement