Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

nephster wrote: »
    The Dublin City Card *does* still work with Ryanair - booked flights last week with it.
    I normally work out the cost of the flights in advance and then buy a card for as near to that amount as possible, so I'm not left with loads on the card. You can of course books flights for companions later with a different card, but will get hit with the €2 fee to buy another.
    To use up the odd amounts left over (2.02 euro or whatever) I buy Amazon gift vouchers. Register the card with Amazon, find out what the equiv in sterling is, knock a few pence off to allow for the card's exchange rate, and Bob's your uncle.

Can the remainder on the card not be spent in somewhere like Tesco etc.??

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭steof1984

I can confirm the Dublin City Gift Card still works, just booked a few flights 5mins ago, all confirmed with emails sent.

I initially went to Stephens Green to get one but they said they had none, when I was in Jervis I heard the guy on the phone saying that they had been pulled from the Green. Not 100% sure if he meant permanently or what but just FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 18 paulyg123

The Dublin City Card worked fine and I avoided Ryanair's CC charges on 5 flights:)!
    Same story as steof1984 I initially went to Stephens Green, they had none. Headed over to Jervis. The guy in Stephens Green said they would have the cards in tomorrow but that the charge is going up to €4 from tomorrow on. So maybe worth picking up a car if you in Jervis and planning to book flights soon.
    Thanks for the quick replies earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

madmoe wrote: »
    Can the remainder on the card not be spent in somewhere like Tesco etc.??
    Yes, but not necessarily in part payment for something - the total will probably have to be less than the remainder on the card (or at least that was my experience in Dunnes). I only had a small sum left on the card but wanted to use it all up.

paulyg123 wrote: »
    The Dublin City Card worked fine and I avoided Ryanair's CC charges on 5 flights:)!
    Same story as steof1984 I initially went to Stephens Green, they had none. Headed over to Jervis. The guy in Stephens Green said they would have the cards in tomorrow but that the charge is going up to €4 from tomorrow on. So maybe worth picking up a car if you in Jervis and planning to book flights soon.

What a way to shoot themselves in the foot, and watch the sale of the Dublin cards plummet.
    Meanwhile, over the water:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13932299

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

nephster wrote: »
    What a way to shoot themselves in the foot, and watch the sale of the Dublin cards plummet.
    Meanwhile, over the water:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13932299

Greedy idiots putting the price up again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭baldbear

Could anyone with a Swirlcard prepaid Mastercard tell me is it the shop i pay the loading fee of €3.99 for up to €350 or is it deducted from the card? I just want to load the correct amount to my card!

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I'm looking for a prepaid that i can use on international Hotel sites,has anybody used them for Hotel bookings instead of flights?
    Be quite a loss if i got one and it didn't work as the flights are booked.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭leakyboots

995thewolf wrote: »
    The neteller pre-paid mastercard is free and free to top up, if u top up using your bank account. You can top it up by debit card also, its instant and 1.75% transaction fee. From the date i applied for the card to the time it arrived, took around 2 weeks. I scaned a copy of driving licence and bill statement to them via email and everything was fine.

Quick question on this Neteller card - I've been using Entropay prepaid mastercard but I don't think it's been worth the hassle with the loading fee - this is better value from what I read?

Do you have to have your a/c in sterling for it to work? I read somewhere that if your Entropay a/c was in Euros the Ryanair website would cop it's an Irish card and charge you [that was about 2 years ago when I first got it so maybe that isin't the case now]

• Registered Users Posts: 30 krb1979

I have recently started using the Neteller card.
    You have option to choose the currency you want your a/c in. If you spend most money in Euros then you can open a euro a/c and if you spend pounds you can open a GBP a/c. However you can have your a/c in only one currency.

The card is free, there are no fees. But from the time you apply it may take 4-6 weeks to get the card.

Yuo can top it up by debit card (laser card won't work) or by bank a/c transfer or by ukash voucher.
    I prefer the ukash option. Its very easy and you can get these vouchers at Spar.( again no fees).

Have used neteller on Ryanair with no fees!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭leakyboots

krb1979 wrote: »
    I have recently started using the Neteller card.
    You have option to choose the currency you want your a/c in. If you spend most money in Euros then you can open a euro a/c and if you spend pounds you can open a GBP a/c. However you can have your a/c in only one currency.

The card is free, there are no fees. But from the time you apply it may take 4-6 weeks to get the card.

Yuo can top it up by debit card (laser card won't work) or by bank a/c transfer or by ukash voucher.
    I prefer the ukash option. Its very easy and you can get these vouchers at Spar.( again no fees).

Have used neteller on Ryanair with no fees!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps.

That's great, thanks for all that. I just wanted to make sure if I put my card in Euros it will work with the Ryanair website. Think I'll give it a go and register for it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭uli84

paulyg123 wrote: »

ah no, missed it and they charge 4 euro now indeed so didn't bother especially when the max amount to load is 150 euro only. Pity, this card was pretty handy. May anyone update me if any of the cards you can get in the shopping centre is working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

baldbear wrote: »
    Could anyone with a Swirlcard prepaid Mastercard tell me is it the shop i pay the loading fee of €3.99 for up to €350 or is it deducted from the card? I just want to load the correct amount to my card!

Thanks...
    hi Baldbear,you pay the loading fee in the shop,
    you will pay £353.99. when you load your card at shop leaving £350.00.on your card. not one of the best cards out there but at least you can use it with ryanair im going to change my card to one with free shopping fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Hi

Does anyone know if the Scotch hall Gift card works with Ryanair?

I tried to setup a Neteller account but my account was immediately disabled.
    Reason:

"Your account has been disabled because you have attempted to sign in from a country different than specified when you created your account. Please contact NETELLER customer service."

All attempts to contact them have been unsuccessful. They haven't responded or called me back.

The reason for the above is that the company I work for goes through a UK proxy. I need to be able to use the card in work that is a given. This is a MASSIVE FAIL for Neteller in my opinion.

I will try moneybookers next!

Thanks,
    Jhet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

JHet wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know if the Scotch hall Gift card works with Ryanair?

I tried to setup a Neteller account but my account was immediately disabled.
    Reason:

"Your account has been disabled because you have attempted to sign in from a country different than specified when you created your account. Please contact NETELLER customer service."

All attempts to contact them have been unsuccessful. They haven't responded or called me back.

The reason for the above is that the company I work for goes through a UK proxy. I need to be able to use the card in work that is a given. This is a MASSIVE FAIL for Neteller in my opinion.

I will try moneybookers next!

Thanks,
    Jhet

Same happened to me, for the same reason as you. You just have to call Neteller and they'll unlock your account there and then. I was told that I have to choose which "country" I access my account from. It has to be one or the other. Otherwise I have to keep calling up to unlock my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Hi could anyone confirm if the Dundrum shopping centre Perfect card still works on Ryanair for avoiding the €6 charge.
    I did search through this thread and understand that the Dundrum perfect Gift card does not work, but am unsure about the Dundrum Perfect card.
    Anyone used it lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

If anyone is with the EBS, they now have new debit card, which is also a mastercard, I havnt tried to book Ryanair Flights yet with it, but could be worth it as all online transacations are FOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

can anyone find a place other than blanch with a €1000 max?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭Esel

DermotOH wrote: »
    can anyone find a place other than blanch with a €1000 max?
    Airside (Swords) and Dundrum SC. The Perfectcard (not the gift card).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭joeyoey

gonna book flights for 8 adults, 8 children and 1 infant on ryanair. whats the most economic way as regards credit debit cards etc. cost for flights shows as €2962 without cc charge, thanks in advance, joe.

• Advertisement

I think I read somewhere recently that Ryanair have changed their approved 'free' card again....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Esel wrote: »
    Airside (Swords) and Dundrum SC. The Perfectcard (not the gift card).

Not sure about Airside and Dundrum but the Blanch card definitely does not work anymore

Esel wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere recently that Ryanair have changed their approved 'free' card again....
    In the UK, you can only use their own now:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/beat-budget-airline-charges#prepaid
    HOWEVER, here, it seems the previous situation still applies as long as it's not a UK card. To quote:
    Admin Fee - Charged per passenger/ per one way flight and relates to the costs associated with Ryanair's booking system. No administration fee applies to bookings paid for by MasterCard Prepaid Card (except UK MasterCard Prepaid) and Ryanair Cash Passport (UK residents only).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Check out the details I posted on the Ryanair post in the Consumer Issues forum....gives details of how I got around these.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciaran_

Can anybody confirm if the neteller prepaid mastercard works anymore? It was working last month but not sure now since these changes and I think their based in the Isle of Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

Isn't there something coming in that vendors can now only charge what it actually costs to process a credit card transaction? Will that apply to Ryanair charges too, I wonder?

I remember hearing it about Ticketmaster meaning the price of concert tickets should go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

I think it will be anything up to two years before comes into force .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 TokyoImports

Can anyone confirm if the Dublin City Gift Card can still be used to purchase Ryanair flights? I need to book a few flights for tomorrow. I can also head to Dundrum and get the Dundrum Perfect Card http://www.perfectcard.ie/. Has any one used one recently to book Ryanair Flights? Thanks in advance

Can anyone confirm if the Dublin City Gift Card can still be used to purchase Ryanair flights? I need to book a few flights for tomorrow. I can also head to Dundrum and get the Dundrum Perfect Card http://www.perfectcard.ie/. Has any one used one recently to book Ryanair Flights? Thanks in advance
    See post #745 above from nephster.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

This maybe a bit late for you - the Dublin City Gift Card does work. Be aware they've increased card fees to 4 Euros now, the 150 Euro limit still applies. I find the quality of support has fallen - the site to check the card balance & history did not recognize the card I bought.
    I've not yet tried the Perfect card, it is better value since it has a higher limit.

Advertisement