Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Can anyone tell me if I can use one of these cards on Play.com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The company behind Dublin City Gift Cards went into liquidation and then was bought back out of it. No idea what this means for the future of DCGC though?

Thread discussing it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The company behind Dublin City Gift Cards went into liquidation and then was bought back out of it. No idea what this means for the future of DCGC though?

Thread discussing it here

Even the day\week after the company went to the wall, the cards were still active, there just wasn't any way to check the remainder.

I'm just after polishing off all the remainders of my cards on the Android Market.. I'd be amazed if the DCGC rose up from the ashes, it was such a good simple card, can't have that now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭leakyboots

So is no-one using Entropay any more? My one is expiring in the next few months and I'm wondering is there an alternative?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

so which is the best card to use for ryanair now? I need to book two flights for abour 205 euro? Is the blanchardstown card still viable if the dublincity one has gone? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hi ,I have the expression card and tried to use it on Ryanair for the first time since last september.It has been declined ,there is enough funds to cover the cost of the flights.
    Does anyone know if these cards still work on Ryanair?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

yabadabado wrote: »
    Hi ,I have the expression card and tried to use it on Ryanair for the first time since last september.It has been declined ,there is enough funds to cover the cost of the flights.
    Does anyone know if these cards still work on Ryanair?

I don't know anything about that card, BUT what I do know is, is that they don't accept anonymous cards anymore, they have no problem with prepaid cards, but it has to be a card with an account like Neteller, Moneybookers (which I think is called Skrill now) or a card when you actually have to confirm some details with them!

RachaelVO wrote: »
    I don't know anything about that card, BUT what I do know is, is that they don't accept anonymous cards anymore, they have no problem with prepaid cards, but it has to be a card with an account like Neteller, Moneybookers (which I think is called Skrill now) or a card when you actually have to confirm some details with them!

The expression card has my name on it and expiry date,ccv number so I should be covered.I night give the company a ring .see what they say ,the card is still advertised as working with Ryanair.

Is there something where flights to/from England aren't covered by prepaid mastercards?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

yabadabado wrote: »
    The expression card has my name on it and expiry date,ccv number so I should be covered.I night give the company a ring .see what they say ,the card is still advertised as working with Ryanair.

Is there something where flights to/from England aren't covered by prepaid mastercards?

I don't know anything about the expression card, giving them a call is probably a good idea :)

I don't think flights to and from England are effected, but if you're billing address is in the UK, then to get the fare without charges you have to have their own prepaid mastercard, the rest of europe is not (as far as I know) subject to that, particularly as they have their own financial standards, and I'm pretty sure if you have a German billing address you can't be charged extra at all, it's against the law!

There was a problem with my card, that's sorted now but I am trying to book a flight from London to France and they are adding the £6 admin fee.It wasn't added to another flight I booked from Dublin to London.
    Does it not work for flights that depart England?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I can see the previous post directly answers your question.

snubbleste wrote: »
    I can see the previous post directly answers your question.
    Just had a look again.The Ryanair cash passport is the only one that works from England now even though I am purchasing from Ireland with a card registered/billing address in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Damn annoying the way Ryanair keep changing the goalposts here. :mad:

I have a prepaid Mastercard from Entropay.
    The billing address is in Ireland but the account currency is Sterling.

I cannot book ANY flight with it now on Ryanair, it just won't accept it at all. It comes up with this error now when I try to use it. I'm guessing its something to do with the billing address and the currency being from different countries. I have used it 10 times or more over the past few years to book Ryanair flights, so they must have changed something recently to make my card not work.

Really don't know what to do now...

Payment Error

Your card payment could not be processed due to one of the below reasons. Please review the below issues and go back to the previous (Payment) page and resubmit:

You have mistyped the card number or some of the digits are missing go to the previous (Payment) page and resubmit.
    The card type selected (e.g. Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron) is invalid for the card number provided go to the previous (Payment) page and reselect.
    You have incorrectly entered the card number into the cardholder name box or vice versa go to the previous (Payment) page and re-enter.
    The billing address is incorrect- go to the previous (Payment) page and re-enter, ensuring the billing address matches the address on your card statement.

Click this button to return to the Payment page

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭holly8

Damn annoying the way Ryanair keep changing the goalposts here. :mad:

I have a prepaid Mastercard from Entropay.
    The billing address is in Ireland but the account currency is Sterling.

I cannot book ANY flight with it now on Ryanair, it just won't accept it at all. It comes up with this error now when I try to use it. I'm guessing its something to do with the billing address and the currency being from different countries. I have used it 10 times or more over the past few years to book Ryanair flights, so they must have changed something recently to make my card not work.

Really don't know what to do now...

Payment Error

Your card payment could not be processed due to one of the below reasons. Please review the below issues and go back to the previous (Payment) page and resubmit:

You have mistyped the card number or some of the digits are missing go to the previous (Payment) page and resubmit.
    The card type selected (e.g. Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron) is invalid for the card number provided go to the previous (Payment) page and reselect.
    You have incorrectly entered the card number into the cardholder name box or vice versa go to the previous (Payment) page and re-enter.
    The billing address is incorrect- go to the previous (Payment) page and re-enter, ensuring the billing address matches the address on your card statement.

Click this button to return to the Payment page

ok i had trouble as well last time (a few weeks ago) getting payment authorised on my lots-used-before-entropay card- my card also in sterling but with an irish billing address - seems RA apply their own currency exchange rates to the final transaction. It detected that my card was sterling and then tried to bill me, in small print, in sterling, and then apply its own exchange rates- in small print. And display it in Euro. While i had transferred just enough to cover cost of flights to my entropay card from Euro to Sterling, it was not enough to cover cost of transaction. There was a tick box I eventually disabled, had to really look for it .. but then my booking went through no probs at all. Does this make sense? Really sneaky I thought (or really clever?)

I found that tick box and tried it as well, but still no joy.
    I have plenty of funds in my card.
    I contacted Entropay support and got this reply...

Looks like Ryanair have blocked Entropay completely.
    Please note that Ryanair are currently blocking our BIN (Bank Identification Number) and we are working to reverse this very intensively with MasterCard and Ryanair themselves.

Unfortunately, I cannot give a date when this will be fixed, but expect it to be within the next couple of weeks.

You may wish to use an alternative method of payment to book flights with them until this matter is resolved.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

From 1 March you'll need a Ryanair Prepaid card :(

Ryanair launches pre-paid credit card to avoid €6 booking fee

Ryanair has launched a pre-paid credit card which, it said, is the only payment method to avoid Ryanair’s €6 ‘administration fee’.

In a statement, the airline said that the MasterCard prepaid card, managed by Access Prepaid Worldwide, will replace other MasterCard Prepaid cards as the only way to avoid Ryanair’s €6 admin fee for Irish originating bookings from March 1st onwards. All Irish bookings made with any other card will attract Ryanair’s €6 administration fee, according to the airline.

"Ryanair’s €6 admin fee will not apply to any bookings made with a Ryanair Cash Passport card and there are no transaction fees for using the card at Irish and international merchants," said Ryanair's Stephen McNamara.

"So we urge our Irish passengers to make the switch to Ryanair Cash Passport as soon as possible to ensure that they will continue to avoid Ryanair’s avoidable admin fees from 1st March next.”

The airline also said that each cardholder will receive a €10 Ryanair travel voucher, equivalent to the value of the card fee. It also said that there would be no transaction fees levied on cardholders for any purchases made on the Ryanair.com website or at any other merchants.

Whilst there are no transaction fees there are loading and non activity fees.

:mad:
    http://www.businesspost.ie/#!story/Home/News/Ryanair+launches+pre-paid+credit+card+to+avoid+%E2%82%AC6+booking+fee/id/19410615-5218-4f2b-ef48-1fbb50574683

So is that Moneybooker and Netteller gone?

Got this from another forum -

"Forget it .. the fees associated with the ryanair card more than make up for any saving associated with it - http://www.cashpassport.com/1/en-ie/.../Fees--Limits/
    top-ups cost €3 and the minimum top up is €175 and if you don't use the card for 6 months you then get charged €3 per month for NOT using it ?! the ONLY top up mechanism appears to be online using a VISA or Mastercard debit or credit, no bank transfers. And despite their little pitch that you can use it to get cash etc.. there are charges for using it to get cash at an ATM or in a bank"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

From 1 March you'll need a Ryanair Prepaid card :(

Ryanair launches pre-paid credit card to avoid €6 booking fee

Ryanair has launched a pre-paid credit card which, it said, is the only payment method to avoid Ryanair’s €6 ‘administration fee’.

In a statement, the airline said that the MasterCard prepaid card, managed by Access Prepaid Worldwide, will replace other MasterCard Prepaid cards as the only way to avoid Ryanair’s €6 admin fee for Irish originating bookings from March 1st onwards. All Irish bookings made with any other card will attract Ryanair’s €6 administration fee, according to the airline.

"Ryanair’s €6 admin fee will not apply to any bookings made with a Ryanair Cash Passport card and there are no transaction fees for using the card at Irish and international merchants," said Ryanair's Stephen McNamara.

"So we urge our Irish passengers to make the switch to Ryanair Cash Passport as soon as possible to ensure that they will continue to avoid Ryanair’s avoidable admin fees from 1st March next.”

The airline also said that each cardholder will receive a €10 Ryanair travel voucher, equivalent to the value of the card fee. It also said that there would be no transaction fees levied on cardholders for any purchases made on the Ryanair.com website or at any other merchants.

Whilst there are no transaction fees there are loading and non activity fees.

:mad:
    http://www.businesspost.ie/#!story/Home/News/Ryanair+launches+pre-paid+credit+card+to+avoid+%E2%82%AC6+booking+fee/id/19410615-5218-4f2b-ef48-1fbb50574683

Same old story!! If they can't get you one way they will get you another way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

leakyboots wrote: »
    So is that Moneybooker and Netteller gone?

Got this from another forum -

"Forget it .. the fees associated with the ryanair card more than make up for any saving associated with it - http://www.cashpassport.com/1/en-ie/.../Fees--Limits/
    top-ups cost €3 and the minimum top up is €175 and if you don't use the card for 6 months you then get charged €3 per month for NOT using it ?! the ONLY top up mechanism appears to be online using a VISA or Mastercard debit or credit, no bank transfers. And despite their little pitch that you can use it to get cash etc.. there are charges for using it to get cash at an ATM or in a bank"

TOTAL waste of time then!!

madmoe wrote: »
    TOTAL waste of time then!!

Yup. I was going to get a NT or MB card but will hold tough for the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 board_walker

I got the same reply from Entropay regarding Ryanair blocking their BIN. The annoying thing is that Ryanair still have the card as an option on their website.
    With their passport card I guess that the non useage fee can be avoided by using it to make occasional purchases at Mastercard merchants( e.g. supermarkets)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Hi folks. What is the best pre paid credit card to use to avoid the ryan air charge then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,619 ✭✭✭✭ted1

the only one that works is the ryanair one.

Its €10 to buy but includes €10 voucher
    €3 to top up but takes 24 hr for credit to come through.
    €3 fee if no activity for 3 months.
    € lots to use for everday transactions

ted1 wrote: »
    the only one that works is the ryanair one.

Its €10 to buy but includes €10 voucher
    €3 to top up but takes 24 hr for credit to come through.
    €3 fee if no activity for 3 months.
    € lots to use for everday transactions

You have to shell out 185 to actually order the card.

Then its minimum reload amount of 175.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Is this not illegal what ryanair are doing? I thought by law they had to offer a payment option which avoided the fees but if they are blocking all options bar their own card is there not some regulator that can be complained to?

Persistance has paid off!
    I called the Ryanair call centre a to enquire as to why the Entropay prepay Mastercard was being rejected. The first agent that I got tried to fob me off with it was a browser problem. I called again and got an agent that was aware that the BIN was being blocked and allowed me to book through the call centre with the card for the online price

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

Persistance has paid off!
    I called the Ryanair call centre a to enquire as to why the Entropay prepay Mastercard was being rejected. The first agent that I got tried to fob me off with it was a browser problem. I called again and got an agent that was aware that the BIN was being blocked and allowed me to book through the call centre with the card for the online price

Before others start queuing up to phone Ryanair did you have to call the premium rate number to avoid the e6 charge ?

The Ryanair contact number is 0818303030.
    0818 calls are charged at national rates. The calls that I made cost about 55cent for 10 minutes. The admin fee saved was €12 (return flight) so I would say it was worth the effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rockihudson

does anyone know if dundrum prepaid card still any use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Is the PerfectCard still the fastest way to get mastercard to pay for stuff online?
    I need to buy stuff online tonight so I might head out to Dundrum to get one of these.

Advertisement