Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The Dundrum Gift card and Perfect are both issued by Dundrum SC.
    The Perfect prepaid Mastercard is the one to avoid Ryanair fees.
    There is a €2 activation fee for this card and the balances last for a year before charges set in.
    According to a guy who works there, they are the WORLD'S largest issuer of the prepaid Mastercard, I'd guess mostly because of Ryanair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

I read on another thread that 3V cards work to avoid the tenner charge. Thsi isn't true is it?? Thought 3V was Visa prepaid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They don't work. They are standard visa cards, so no use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Shifty wrote: »
    Some information about the card here:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1203/1224259993606.html
    A GIFT card for Dublin city centre was launched yesterday, making it the first capital city in Europe to have such a scheme.

The Dublin-branded cards can be used in any shop, cafe or restaurant in the city that accepts Mastercard credit cards The blue card with a Ha’penny Bridge image has no surcharge or any monthly fees.

“The advantage is that it doesn’t cost the consumer anything, if they pay €50 they get €50 back,” Tom Coffey, chief executive of the Dublin City Business Association said. It was a “fairly lengthy process” to get the card and the accreditation right, Mr Coffey said. “It’s a good thing and it brands the city centre,” he said.

The cards are operated by Zappa through Mastercard. Zappa makes money on the interest between when the card is bought and the money is spent, Mr Coffey said. The cards are valid for a year.

Christmas was always a critical time for businesses but footfall in the city was up by 23 per cent in recent weeks, he said. He believed customers had savings but were being more careful and demanding better service.

Dublin businesses had reacted to the downturn by reducing prices by 20 per cent and offering better value and service, Mr Coffey said.

Organisers said the cards are also useful to give to children so they are not carrying cash. They can be bought at Ticketmaster kiosks in St Stephen’s Green and Jervis shopping centres and at a booth in the Powerscourt Townhouse Centre.

They are available for amounts between €10 and €150 in increments of €5.

http://www.thisismydublin.com/home/give-the-gift-of-dublin-city-centre-this-christmas/

http://www.zapatechnology.com/news/45-zapa-powers-dublin-city-gift-card.html
    i know that dublin may have their own
    but what prepaid cards can we get that cover the country and outside, say paying through paypal, what prepaid cards can be used there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 elnino-9

Right so folks im booking a 70 euro flight with Lyinair in a few days. If i buy one of these cards in Stephens green and load 70 euro onto it is that me done??Then just use it on Ryanair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Tried booking flight on ryanair using neteller prepaid mastercard not working on the site at the moment. Anybody else having any difficulties??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

clancyoo7 wrote: »
    Tried booking flight on ryanair using neteller prepaid mastercard not working on the site at the moment. Anybody else having any difficulties??

Do you have a virtual or physical card? It's been mentioned several times that the virtual card cannot be used to avoid the CC charge on Ryanair, you muct get the physical card.

elnino-9 wrote: »
    Right so folks im booking a 70 euro flight with Lyinair in a few days. If i buy one of these cards in Stephens green and load 70 euro onto it is that me done??Then just use it on Ryanair?

Should be.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    The Dundrum Gift card and Perfect are both issued by Dundrum SC.

Really? I thought it was Perfect card that provided the Dundrum Gift Card.
    When I bought my Dundrum gift card they never asked if I wanted a perfectcard or Dundrum card, I didn't pay any activation fee and it worked to book flights on Ryanair without paying CC fees.

The card says Dundrum Gift Card on it, and checking your balance brings you to the Perfect card website.

I hate it when people come on here speaking with authority when they haven't a clue, and I'd hate to be one of those people. Perhaps you or someone else could clarify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

sort of off topic, but I don't think it's thread worthy.

Does the Ulsterbank Prepaid visa card (there laser replacement) work on online retailers including paypal

• Advertisement

Yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Hi all,

Need to book some flights & they are via the UK so half the cost will be in sterling.

Will I be able to use a Blanchardstown card to book the sterling part of the flights? Will they just use standard CC rates of exchange?

Hope someone has down this & will be able to offer me some advice!

Thanks

Will they just use standard CC rates of exchange?
    Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Little A wrote: »
    Hi all,

Need to book some flights & they are via the UK so half the cost will be in sterling.

Will I be able to use a Blanchardstown card to book the sterling part of the flights? Will they just use standard CC rates of exchange?

Hope someone has down this & will be able to offer me some advice!

Thanks
    Yes, but be careful. When you type out your card number, you will see a euro equivalent which is higher than the official exchange rate (it's another way the airline makes profit!). You are given the option to decline this exchange rate, which you do! Having declined this, you are still implored to accept it, accompanied with a warning “you will not receive a guaranteed rate from your bank”, but ignore that - you definitely get a better rate from your bank, as you will see immediately when you check the balance left on your mastercard.

Ok, done it using the Blanchardstown card.....and it worked no problem (except for the fact the flights went up by close to what I saved!!)

The rate of exchange for sterling was given at 1.22892 & I wasn't given and choice in accepting it.

Still, a family of 5 flying to Italy for €500 (nearly €600 cheaper than flying direct)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

HappyHarry wrote: »
    Do you have a virtual or physical card? It's been mentioned several times that the virtual card cannot be used to avoid the CC charge on Ryanair, you muct get the physical card.
    I have the phyical card the error stated there is a problem with this form of payment and will not confirm the booking. The Card is fully charged with over 100€ and d flights cost €50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

i booked flights on ryanair using the prepaid mastercard,the flights were cancelled,can i get the money charged back to these cards? is it even possible?

The money will eventually be returned to the same card you use to pay for the flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sohan

Just found a prepaid mastercard called wirecard,

used it to successfully book ryanair flights, saved me 17 euro in charges.

they charged me 3% to load credit onto it (used my normal visa credit card), and i was able to pay with the virtual mastercard they gave me if you're doing it you need a day or so to set it up tho.

anyone else tried it?

Yes. Nothing great about wirecard though.

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote: »
    The money will eventually be returned to the same card you use to pay for the flights.

Thanks for that - so I guess I'd better hold onto the card until after the flights, just in case the flights gets cancelled.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Entropay Mastercards work, yeah? (on ryanair)
    Cheers

They do. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Used a Payzone Worldwide Money prepaid mastercard at the weekend and all went well.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

I tried to book flights using the dublin city Gift card, but it didn't work. Is there something special I have to put in to use it? I have put in all the details i need to, but it says declined. I have €20 credit on it and buying €6 flights

CAN ANYONE HELP? NEED TO BOOK TONIGHT

THANKS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭patsybear

The exact same thing keeps happening to me know and i can't figure it out at all.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Got my Moneybookers Prepaid Mastercard last week, seems to be the business. €10 one-off charge for the year and thats it really. You can also top it up using your Laser card which was the biggest selling point for me. There is no loading charges with Laser card either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

has anyone successfully used their Dublin city Gift Card on Ryanair during their current €3 sale? I have tried multiple times without success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭patsybear

christo82 wrote: »
    has anyone successfully used their Dublin city Gift Card on Ryanair during their current €3 sale? I have tried multiple times without success.

nope, i've been trying all morning with the dublin city gift card and it keeps rejecting the payment and telling me to use another card. I've never got this card to work...i'm starting to think this card is rubbish has been blocked by ryanair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Just booked a flight with the Dublin card and had no issues whatsoever...

Advertisement