Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

Just got the entropay card myself.

Anyone know how much is costs to use/transfer money to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭patsybear

nephster wrote: »
    Just booked a flight with the Dublin card and had no issues whatsoever...
    Thanks for that i'll give it another try:), Was the flight you booked on the €3 sale section though? One other question is it the 16 digit number you use or the account number at the back??

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

One *was* a €3 flight. You use the 5338... number on the front, choose Mastercard prepaid, enter the expiry on the front and the 3 digit CVS on the back, give your own name and address, etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭patsybear

thanks for the info nephster;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

nephster wrote: »
    One *was* a €3 flight. You use the 5338... number on the front, choose Mastercard prepaid, enter the expiry on the front and the 3 digit CVS on the back, give your own name and address, etc etc.

Oh that's where I was going wrong- the expiry date! On the card and receipt when I bought it, it said valid for 12 months after purchase. So I was just adding a year onto the purchase date, but it actually should be 10/12(or whatever is written on the front of the card).

Just bought €3 flights to London. Thankfully Ryanair extended their sale or I would have missed out.

Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

I was given a Dublin City Centre card as a Christmas gift but so far I have been unable to spend any of the €50 credit, I tried it at Marks & Spencer on Saturday but they do not accept them, this is a far cry from their claim that any retailer displaying the mastercard sign will take it, who do I complain to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Bebop wrote: »
    I was given a Dublin City Centre card as a Christmas gift but so far I have been unable to spend any of the €50 credit, I tried it at Marks & Spencer on Saturday but they do not accept them, this is a far cry from their claim that any retailer displaying the mastercard sign will take it, who do I complain to?

Well, the card was launched in association with thisismydublin.com, but I don't see anything about the card on that site now. You could try Zapacard who administer the card and where you can check the balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

so any prepaid mastercards available/work in galway?
    looking to book some flights today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

sitstill wrote: »
    Used a Dundrum giftcard today to book Ryanair flights - worked a charm. You have to pay E2 service charge for the card but I'd still rather this to giving Ryanair E10 for nothing!!

Just a note to confirm that there is no activation charge for the Dundrum gift card. I bought and used one for Ryanair today.

At the stand in Dundrum they are now also offering a Perfectcard that is not the Dundrum gift card. This is advertised as working in shops and online and has the €2 activation charge. I don't know if there are any advantages or if you can top this one up. Might be worth getting if you can top it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Can you get money back out of these? Like if i load 150 on, and book a flight for 130, can i get my 20 back in cash?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Nope. Think of it as buying a voucher. You generally can't get your change back as cash, just as more vouchers.

Can you really not find something to spend 20 quid on by credit card? Will work online anywhere that takes MasterCard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

can you only buy these in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

fifib wrote: »
    so any prepaid mastercards available/work in galway?
    looking to book some flights today

This I saw them on the counter in the shop downstairs in the Eyre Square centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Its a 3V card so without charges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Its a 3V card so without charges

3V is Visa, not prepaid MasterCard. Normal charges apply.

Use Neteller. 1.75% load charge, that's it. Best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Bob Z wrote: »
    can you only buy these in Dublin?
    Read the thread.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Read the thread.

Helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Just trying to work out which pre-paid mastercard is best for me. I will probably make 1 transaction on ryanair this year, for 5 or 6 people so looking to save 60 euro on ryanair card fees. I don't live in Dublin so its not that easy for me to get a Blanchardstown or Liffey valley card (if I've read the past 18 pages correctly, they both work on ryanair and are completely free -right?

If I apply for moneybookers.com pre-paid mastercard, am I right in saying I pay 10 euro for card and nothing after that, and can pre-load the exact amount from my laser directly before booking the ryanair flights so no waste by loading too much on the card?

If so then this is the one for me. If not, then I travel to Dublin for a Liffey Valley or Blanch card. Thanks for advice and expertise!

Try this one: http://www.payzonemoney.ie/

It can be bought online (€6) and delivered with a couple of days. Also, it can be loaded in hundreds of shops around the country. It worked fine for me when I tried it a few weeks ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

It can be bought online (€6) and delivered with a couple of days. Also, it can be loaded in hundreds of shops around the country. It worked fine for me when I tried it a few weeks ago..

I use one of these all the time with Ryanair, the top up charge is a bit of a sting at €3.50, but it still beats paying €10 return for basically nothing :D

• Advertisement

LavaLamp wrote: »
    I use one of these all the time with Ryanair, the top up charge is a bit of a sting at €3.50, but it still beats paying €10 return for basically nothing :D
    Last time I used it my flights cost €33 but I topped it up for €150. I'll be booking more Ryanair flights in the near future so no need for me to pay the €3.50 top up charge each time. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Is there any way of get and card and loading it up using cash and no ID?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes. Just buy the card in a shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Read the thread.

it's too long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

LavaLamp wrote: »
    In the charges they show a fee of "2.95% of purchase value" for shopping with this card.

Does this actually mean you pay an extra 2.95% on top of the the ticket price.
    Stupid question but helps to clarify it with a sledgehammer

That is correct.

Just use Neteller. 1.75% loading charge. Need to wait for a plastic card through the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kendr

I use Neteller - there's no 1.75% charge?

Using bank transfer there's no charge at all. Unless that changed in last 24 hours?

Load up from laser/debit or Visa and there's a charge though.

I find it great. No charges at all when you use it correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Are there any of these 'free' cards that can be bought online and used straight away? Need to book Ryanair flights but prices are already going up and don't want to risk waiting ... would prefer not paying the €30 booking fee either tho:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Wirecard is you best best for instant use.

Advertisement