Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominium nightclub

Options
  • 10-01-2010 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Anybody here frequent this place??? Are there some 'older' people there .... ie not full of 'goppets'. A friend and I (both in 40s) are keen to go but we don't want to be the oldest by about 20 years, which is what happened to her when she tried out another 'alternative/goth' place in England!! We're not based in Dublin so would be making a special effort to get there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would suggest you have look at the website or joing the iegoth yahoo email group: iegoth@yahoogroups.com http://dominion.gothic.ie/

The website has a gallery so you can have look and playlists so you can see the range of music. You certianly won't be the oldest there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Banjara

Thanks for the links Thaedydal. It was actually looking at their website that prompted me to ask this question as we really liked the look of the playlists. I'll have to scrutinise the photos when I have more time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

It's a copy of an older club called The Tower but not as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Hi there,

A friend of mine works the door there and I'm told the ages of people attending the club is very varied.

There's a huge mix of age groups and everyone is welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I've been going there for years { in all three venues }, it's ok but the only place for that type of music in Dublin. For me it's Fibbers or Domin.

There are ALOT of reg's that have been going there for years, the age from would be 18* to 50.
    Hi there,

A friend of mine works the door there and I'm told the ages of people attending the club is very varied.

There's a huge mix of age groups and everyone is welcome :)

*min legal ago to be there but....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

A friend of mine dj's there and he's mid 30's..its certainly not full of kiddies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

*min legal ago to be there but....[/SIZE]

Oh, sorry, yeah!

Regular nightclub rules apply. Ie. a person has to be eighteen or over to get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

and some effort to dress accordingly is welcomed.

The scene is small but pretty friendly in my experience, I can't claim to be a regular but I do pop in now and then and have always had a good night.

Thanks to all for the encouraging comments!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

WTF is a goppet ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Jip wrote: »
    WTF is a goppet ?

Where the fcuck is Dominium?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Degsy wrote: »
    Where the fcuck is Dominium?

Its the new pizza and pasta restaurant on Talbot St near Connolloy Station, under the railway bridge.;) Also a nightclub in the basement of Murrays on Upper O'Connell St.

A 'goppet' (blend of goth/muppet, I believe) - aka 'Kindergoth' 'Babygoth'. Used by some in a derisory fashion I suppose, but by me in just a very neutral sense to mean very young 'Goth' - aged 15/16/17/18

Advertisement