Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T maxx Troubleshooting.

Options
  • 10-01-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

I have a wee problem with my second hand Traxxas T maxx when i excelrate tere is a squikey whiney noise the road was sligtly wet. this is my first nitro its probley my fault.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tiernan85

I wouldn't be too familar with nitro engines myself. Do you have a rough idea where it's coming from? It could be a worn out bearing, or something binding on one of the shafts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Mesh between clutch bell and spur gear slightly too tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

As far as i can tell it was the worn out spur gear not getting any grip and spur gear pegs look abit short aswell.Thanks T-Maxx How do i know when the gear mesh is right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

There should be a minute amount of play between the two gears, too tight and the spur will melt, too loose and the spur will be stripped. What generally works well is to put a thin piece of paper between the two when you set it. Once the engine mount is tightened and the piece of paper removed, the mesh is perfect.

Check out the Traxxas site, there's a wealth of info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭seanmcgrath48

T-Maxx wrote: »
    There should be a minute amount of play between the two gears, too tight and the spur will melt, too loose and the spur will be stripped. What generally works well is to put a thin piece of paper between the two when you set it. Once the engine mount is tightened and the piece of paper removed, the mesh is perfect.

Check out the Traxxas site, there's a wealth of info there.

As above...Thin paper as in Rizla papers

Join here Modelsport UK Users Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board) for more Nitro info...loads of help from the Members....:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement