Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iceberg Off the Donegal Coast

Options
  • 10-01-2010 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

An iceberg has emerged nearly one kilometre northwest of Arranmore Lighthouse. The iceberg is clearly visible and poses no danger for ships.

The last iceberg to be recorded on the Northwest coast of Donegal dates back at least 40 years.

The island has been capitalising on this latest development, with many visitors over the weekend, and special sightseeing tours being organised.

Meanwhile, it’s reported the pubs on the island are offering a special iceberg cocktail containing ice cubes taken from it.

http://www.highlandradio.com/2010/01/10/iceberg-visible-off-aranmore/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cat82

Has this not since been confirmed as a hoax?? Its removed from website now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I laughed at the "emerged" bit :)
    then at the "clearly visible" :)
    and then at the "no danger for ships" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭stevieg_irl

Hoax? Pity I wuda enjoyed an iceberg cocktail

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Somebody on a yacht dropped an ice-cube overboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

WolfeIRE wrote: »

haha! Tat pic is gas! , Tats some Amateur on photoshop!, just look at the sea stacks!, EVEN I COULD DO BETTER THAN THAT! ha

Advertisement