Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tranferring money from Asia to Ireland, AIB

Options
  • 10-01-2010 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Does anyone know how much AIB charge is if I transfer money from Asia to Ireland?
    would it be possible to do this online?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

How can AIB charge you money for transferring money from Asia?

Do you mean commission charges when the money comes into Ireland? Handling fees?

As for online - well that would depend on the bank you're sending money from.

I think you need to clarify what exactly you're trying to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kpcdgl

Hi.
    The only charge is a fee of €6.35 for the transfer.
    For example, if you transfer €1000 from your account in Asia, the bank will credit €993.65 to your account in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 picturethis

Yes I mean the handling fee.
    So my bank in South Korea dont speak much english, and I don't speak Korean :) but I figured out that they are going to charge me 15,000 won for the transfer, each time, which is reasonable, around 10euro.
    However I'm wondering if AIB charge a handling fee then also? If its €6 then its fine, however American friends of mine have said they've been charged $50 a couple of times by their banks so i'm hoping AIB don't screw me over like that ..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There probably will be a handling fee. If I were you, I'd confirm this with AIB before doing anything though just to be sure of the amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Yes I mean the handling fee.
    So my bank in South Korea dont speak much english, and I don't speak Korean :) but I figured out that they are going to charge me 15,000 won for the transfer, each time, which is reasonable, around 10euro.
    However I'm wondering if AIB charge a handling fee then also? If its €6 then its fine, however American friends of mine have said they've been charged $50 a couple of times by their banks so i'm hoping AIB don't screw me over like that ..

when transferring money, you have the option of the sending (Korean Bank) paying all the fees (and charging you)... But i am not sure if this is cheaper or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Advertisement