Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American idiot: Airport security edition

Options
  • 10-01-2010 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

A guy had honey in five Gatorade bottles and the morons in airport security thought it was explosives.

"When the bottles were opened, two of the screeners smelled a strong chemical odor, complained of nausea and were rushed to a local hospital, where they treated and released, Kern County Sheriff's spokesman Michael Whorf said."
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN057258620100106?type=marketsNews

How can you be so stupid that you do not know what honey looks and smells like and mistake it for some sort of explosives? Whoever hired these morons should be fired.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Anonymous1987

SLUSK wrote: »
    A guy had honey in five Gatorade bottles and the morons in airport security thought it was explosives.

"When the bottles were opened, two of the screeners smelled a strong chemical odor, complained of nausea and were rushed to a local hospital, where they treated and released, Kern County Sheriff's spokesman Michael Whorf said."
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN057258620100106?type=marketsNews

How can you be so stupid that you do not know what honey looks and smells like and mistake it for some sort of explosives? Whoever hired these morons should be fired.

Why did you post this in US Politics? AH maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,341 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Why did you post this in US Politics? AH maybe?
    He likes to make the US look incompetent yet overbearing and fascist.

I've learned to :rolleyes: at all of it.

But tbh I thought you were talking about the infamous Security Ninja from last week. Turns out he was just a hopeless romantic. He better hope to get a movie deal because it would be the only way to make up for all the damage caused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

Overheal wrote: »
    He likes to make the US look incompetent yet overbearing and fascist.

I've learned to :rolleyes: at all of it.

But tbh I thought you were talking about the infamous Security Ninja from last week. Turns out he was just a hopeless romantic. He better hope to get a movie deal because it would be the only way to make up for all the damage caused.
    The US has a culture of fear and paranoia which seems to make alot of Americans incapable of rational thought. This incident and many others prove my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

SLUSK wrote: »
    The US has a culture of fear and paranoia which seems to make alot of Americans incapable of rational thought. This incident and many others prove my point.

Just because you keep saying stuff like that doesnt make it so.

kev9100 wrote: »
    Just because you keep saying stuff like that doesnt make it so.
    The acquittal of the police officers who were beating Rodney King is not a sign of the corrupt culture of fear and paranoia they have in america. The United States is corrupted beyond belief. In New York an unarmed black man was shot to death with 41 shots. They were also acquitted from all charges. The reason for this is that America is a corrupt fascist police state where the tax eaters in the police and military can get away with murder.

• Advertisement

Oh come on. We can all pull out isolated incidents and then use them out of context and say "this proves the US is Fascist,Communist or whatever". That type of stuff is not an argument. Its a rant.

Oh come on. We can all pull out isolated incidents and then use them out of context and say "this proves the US is Fascist,Communist or whatever". That type of stuff is not an argument. Its a rant.
    In which other country under the rule of law would these police officers be acquitted? Please don't tell me Broken Britain since that place is also a fascist police state.

This is a ridicolous argument and I wish i never replied but if you want to list police states fine. North Korea.

This is a ridicolous argument and I wish i never replied but if you want to list police states fine. North Korea.
    In which normal democracy would these police officers have been acquitted, can you tell me that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Overheal wrote: »

It's bizarre how someone that goes the wrong way through security manages to shut down the terminal for hours and then gets vilified for the collateral damage from an over the top security reaction. How very dare he.

How about something called proportional response, eh guys?
    Easier to turn the attention on the perp than to take responsibility for the lapse though, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

This thread has run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement