Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time

Options
  • 10-01-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

im devising a study plan now and was wondering how many hours ya'll study, during the week and weekends

so far ive found 11hours during the week
    and 8 hours over the course of the weekend saturday and sunday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I haven't done anything at all at all. But I'm gonna be doing night owls in my school from this week till the end so i'll get stuff done then.

Our principal wants us to do 2/3 hours every night, 4 hours saturday and 4 hours sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I do only weekday study....maybe a bit on sunday...never at all on a saturday!!!...and friday barley ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kate08

Im so f***** it's a joke....Did feck all last year.
    30mins on each subjectt methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Ha, yeah. I'm not too worried yet, few months time I'll probably be freaking.

My plan is to pretty much do nothing at home and do Night Owls Mon-Thurs, 7-10 then after Easter do after school as well from Mon-Thurs, so that'll be school 9-4, study 4:20 to 6:00, more study from 7:00 to 10:00 so I hope that will sort me out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

My plan is to pretty much do nothing at home and do Night Owls Mon-Thurs, 7-10 then after Easter do after school as well from Mon-Thurs, so that'll be school 9-4, study 4:20 to 6:00, more study from 7:00 to 10:00 so I hope that will sort me out:D
    What's night owls? I just do an hour on four subjects weekdays, and then 2-3 hours on three subjects Sat. and Sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I don't do nearly enough but that's all going to change. Usually i'd just do my homework and study for tests coming up and maybe a bit extra here and there but think i'm going to have to kick it into overdrive! Although i get tons of homework which is just as helpful as studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I don't do nearly enough but that's all going to change. Usually i'd just do my homework and study for tests coming up and maybe a bit extra here and there but think i'm going to have to kick it into overdrive! Although i get tons of homework which is just as helpful as studying.

Hopefully with 5 months to go, homework will decrease so we get more study time:cool:

Yeah they'll have to lay off the homework if we're to get proper study done. People have said it to them before in my class but it didn't work and they gave us more :( They know what they are doing anyway so whatever they do it's bound to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭AJ STYLES

i really cannot only do 30 mins a subject, like i turn one page and 30 minutes would elapse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Night owls? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Is anyone in a similar situation as me?? Personally I am sick now of being away from school. I'm bored here at home but I just can't motivate myself to do loads of study. In my head I always say "Oh Im gonna knuckle down today" but if I get over an hour study done a day Im doing well. If I ever have writing to do, I tend to do it at a a slow pace.

I know my lack of studying has to change sharpish and I know how important the mocks are. I just feel that without teacher direction I feel very lost as to what to study, and even at that I find it hard to sit down and do work...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Is anyone in a similar situation as me?? Personally I am sick now of being away from school. I'm bored here at home but I just can't motivate myself to do loads of study. In my head I always say "Oh Im gonna knuckle down today" but if I get over an hour study done a day Im doing well. If I ever have writing to do, I tend to do it at a a slow pace.

I know my lack of studying has to change sharpish and I know how important the mocks are. I just feel that without teacher direction I feel very lost as to what to study, and even at that I find it hard to sit down and do work...

Im exactly the same! I imagine (hope) we're not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

I'm doing on average 3 hours a day, including homework

I'm the exact same, can't get concentrated at all and getting worried cause mocks are in three weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Conor108 wrote: »
    Im exactly the same! I imagine (hope) we're not alone

Exact same...everyone's the same I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

Don't mean to be the big loser but I've been doin 5 hours every day since Wednesday. I did the institute at xmas too and that motivated me so much so when I finished I just got stuck in. 5 hours isnt a whole lot but it's realistic for me.
    The reason Im studyin is because i want my course so so badly.I just imagine gettin the results in august and jumping around with happiness! and finishing on the 22nd of june and knowing I did my very best. Imagine yourself in your dream course etc etc and you'll be motivated :).
    do a reasonable timetable in 25min blocks blah blah the usual but it really does work giving urself 5min breaks between.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭AJ STYLES

MY MOCKS ARENT TILL MARCH WOOOTT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

AJ STYLES wrote: »

46700.jpg

AJ STYLES wrote: »

So jealous :( but after my mocks are finished and the results are forgotten i can start revising and working on where i went wrong and then you'll be doing yours!

Advertisement