Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your favorite beer at the moment?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

I had a Hitachino Nest Japanese Classic Ale in Yamamori on the north quays in Dublin there yesterday. Very nice...an interesting version of an IPA.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Sarky wrote: »
    Ola Dubh is rocking my world of late, an 8% dark beer matured in Highland Park scotch casks. Haven't been searching long, but it's €8-9 per bottle in the places I have found it, so I don't get to stock up on it. Really rich sweet beautiful taste, great with food.

what size bottles are 8-9 euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Czech beer!

Budvar, Staropramen and Pilsner Urquell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭DenMan

Tiger Beer. Love it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gardalover

AvonmoreSuperMilk.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Budvar at the moment as it's easy enough to get in most places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Really appreciating Perlenbacher Premium Pils at the moment, great value for money, nice 500m bottles also. Just nice back to basics old fashioned beer!

Its like the gift that keeps on giving.

P.S. When I can get it I drink VB but its not stocked anywhere close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Unemplyment has ment my favourite beers of the moment are either Tuborg, Baveria or Prazsky (shudder)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 One Of Shanks

Tiger Beer is quality, but got a load of Stella Artois at a good price last week and it's not the worst!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭yknaa

As David Byrne might say 'Same as it ever was'. Fransizkaner at a nice €1.86 in Lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

revileandy wrote: »
    Deuchars IPA - the king of all ales!

If you like that you'll really like Galway Hooker. I buy Deuchars IPA in bottles only because I can't get GH in bottles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

mine is a beer called ;sheepshaggers; from the cairgorm brewery in scotland,

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

JHMEG wrote: »
    If you like that you'll really like Galway Hooker. I buy Deuchars IPA in bottles only because I can't get GH in bottles.

Cant wait for the day they bring Galway Hooker out in the offies!! I probably wont be living in Ireland when that day comes though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

Cant wait for the day they bring Galway Hooker out in the offies!! I probably wont be living in Ireland when that day comes though!!!

+1 it will be a great day indeed. Luckily enough I can get it in the local

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

getz wrote: »
    mine is a beer called ;sheepshaggers; from the cairgorm brewery in scotland,

Their Trade Winds beer is worth investigating

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Goods Store IPA, back on cask at the Bull & Castle this evening. I'll be sad when we have to say goodbye to it forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »
    Goods Store IPA, back on cask at the Bull & Castle this evening. I'll be sad when we have to say goodbye to it forever.

Great will get some this evening:D. But why stop produce it,is it part of the move?

Its fantastic when in top condition, it could give Sierra Nevadapale ale a good run for it money

oblivious wrote: »
    But why stop produce it,is it part of the move?
    Sort of. It was the last beer brewed at the Goods Store, in a single batch. I think there'll be another very similar beer produced at the new brewery, but it'll be mostly for keg. Hopefully there'll be a few casks knocking around too, though given the explosive qualities of the dry hops in Goods Store it's not likely to be as hoppy, unfortunately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I've never even tasted it - sickened

mayordenis wrote: »
    I've never even tasted it - sickened
    I'd guess that a cask or two may be left over for the Franciscan Well Easter Festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Picked up a few bottles of Flensburger Gold down my local offie last evening. After the first getting to know you bottle it was quite nice tbh. Still doesn't overtake my regulat tipel Duvel but it's a nice change.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Saint Ruth

Czech beer!

Budvar, Staropramen and Pilsner Urquell.
    Czech beer are nice.

But so is Polish.

At the moment, I have mostly been drinking Tyskie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Sarky wrote: »
    Ola Dubh is rocking my world of late, an 8% dark beer matured in Highland Park scotch casks. Haven't been searching long, but it's €8-9 per bottle in the places I have found it, so I don't get to stock up on it. Really rich sweet beautiful taste, great with food.

Two days ago I found Ola Dubh much closer to home for much, much cheaper (€4.99 for a bottle of the matured-in-16-year-old-casks version, I shan't be shopping in the OTHER place again!).

They also had Old Engine Oil, a really lovely thick dark beer with a surprisingly bitter aftertaste. I'm torn as to which I like most. :(

Ola Dubh is Old Engine Oil, barrel-aged. They are both great in their different ways, though. Some great prices on Old Engine Oil at the moment: I've seen it for €2.50 and less in some offies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Grolsch at the moment:D

"24 x.500 cans JCs Swords 5% Abv for €24.

:D:D

Advertisement