Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon D5000 Help Please ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

justus wrote: »
    Hey all,

Thinking of upgrading to a Nikon d5000 after much research. Looking for any advise on this make or model before i purchase it.
    Was thinking of buying it on Pixmania but have seen this offer on ebay and it looks too good to be true...

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-NIKON-D5000-D-SLR-12-3MP-CAMERA-3-LENS-8GB-KIT_W0QQitemZ110478560478QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN?hash=item19b9090cde

Thanks in advance for your help...:)
    I have this camera, but a different lens, (18-200mm VR - Enough for what I need). Battery life is good which I need for a day shooting, power up is quick to catch a photo. It is easy to use, much easier to focus an object that not in the centre of view compare to previous models. Every Camera I brought over the years I always had problems in getting the right setting for the photo.With this camera , I can quickly take the photo, especially when children events is concern. This is the best Camera I ever had.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

That eBay ad seems somewhat misleading. In the title it says you get a D5000 + 3 lens & 8GB card.

When you look at the details you actually only get one lens, the 18-55 VR Kit Lens. The other two "lenses" are only screw on adapters. They are ussually cheap muck that give very poor quality results & only really toys. The flash is also a really cheap unit. You can bet the tripod & other items will also be cheap & low quality items.

The only good quality items are the Camera & Kit Lens, the rest you will need to buy better items if you want reasonable quality images.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

CabanSail wrote: »
    That eBay ad seems somewhat misleading. In the title it says you get a D5000 + 3 lens & 8GB card.

When you look at the details you actually only get one lens, the 18-55 VR Kit Lens. The other two "lenses" are only screw on adapters. They are ussually cheap muck that give very poor quality results & only really toys. The flash is also a really cheap unit. You can bet the tripod & other items will also be cheap & low quality items.

The only good quality items are the Camera & Kit Lens, the rest you will need to buy better items if you want reasonable quality images.
    The Three Lens they quote is:
    1/. Nikon 18-55mm VR Lens
    2/. Wide Angle Lens
    3/. 2X Telephoto Lens

Despite 2 & 3 are screw on lens, they are still lenses. I would not have pick them to buy. For Wide angle view I rather zoom the widest possible zoom and them cut in photo editor, or take multiple pictures and stick them together. I have managed to stick Photos together while the sun light remain the same.

The flash is crap and the UV lens is probably of poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 justus

Thanks for all your replies...

But do u still think the camera is good value for money?:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

justus wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies...

But do u still think the camera is good value for money?:):):)

Given that you can get the same camera in Connscameras in the city centre for €700, and conns is not, shall we say, the cheapest shop in town, I would say that ebay seller is not a good deal. The seller is charging full retail whack, and trying to disguise it by throwing in a load of worthless junk (the other 'lenses', the crummy tripod etc etc etc). Read through the sticky on the top of the forum, there's (IIRC) a list of places to look for to buy. In Dublin, Gunnes on camden st is the most recommended, for good reason, as the cheapest and friendliest place in the city to buy camera equipment. Other options might be calumet or jessops up north if you're going up there at some point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement