Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Snow

Options
  • 10-01-2010 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭

Yes we got the snow before Cork and it was better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I'd normally criticise you for gloating, but given how seldom we see snow, I think most people will forgive you! :D

Here are some pictures I took in town earlier. Waterford is of course quite a handsome city, but it was spectacularly beautiful in the snow today. I'm happy enough with my pictures, but no photos do justice to how breathtaking the place looked this lunchtime!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43732063@N05/sets/72157623057006145/

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

Some great pics.

You must have been up early, there is nobody around! Sooner you than me, I was tucked up in my bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

DanGlee wrote: »
    Some great pics.

You must have been up early, there is nobody around! Sooner you than me, I was tucked up in my bed :D

Thanks. No, there were actually plenty of people about - they were mostly taken just after lunchtime. I just timed my shots as far as possible so that there weren't ever too many people or cars in the foreground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Last time I remember snow that was anything like that was 14 years ago. I remember cars sliding around Hillview. That was much later in the year though. I wonder are things in line for a repeat performance before the spring.

Advertisement