Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 -> Meteor Mobile Internet issues

Options
  • 10-01-2010 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I recently picked up an X1 on Ebay, and now I'm trying to get Meteor's net working on it, but, can't.

I started out on the Meteor site, but that doesn't support my phone, so it was a waste of time.

I then found the guides here, and used this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59526109&postcount=12

I went through all the steps from Data, WAP, MMS and MMSC (although I have no idea what MMSC is), but I still can't recieve MMS or connect to meteor internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Did you goto the download internet settings on the phone?
    I remember there was a program on my Xperia, I had to change the data account in the MMS settings though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Biome

When I first inserted my sim card I was asked if I wanted to download internet settings, which I did, but those haven't worked.

I get a message saying connection failed due to an unknown reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Did you find out how to make it work? Got an X1 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gyver

For future reference for anyone searching for the settings

MMS Settings for Sony ericsson Xperia X1

MMSC Settings:
    Start => Messaging =>SMS \ MMS => Menu => MMS Options <---- I have MMS Settings rather than options
    Preferences tab
    Save sent messages: ticked
    Reject all messages: unticked
    Allow delivery report: ticked
    Allow read report: ticked
    Retrieval mode: Auto
    Attempts before giving up: 1
    Photo resolution: VGA (640x480) <
    I have no option for resolution
    Servers tab <
    I have no servers tab
    Press New
    Server name: Meteor MMS <
    no server tab so nowhere to put in this information
    Gateway: 10.85.85.85 <
    or this
    Port number: 8799 <
    or this
    Server address: http://mms.mymeteor.ie <
    or this
    Connect via: My MMS Server
    Sending size limitation: 300k
    Wap version: WAP 2.0
    Press Done
    Set this configuration as default by pressing the 'set as default' button on the mms configuration page and then press ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

meteor has been having problems with the mobile internet over the last 2 days and its still causing problems for some people, they are advising to just keep turning the phone off and on again every so often until it works again on your phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Funny, once I finally got my Xperia X1 sorted out (plug to Alex in Phonewhizz in Moore street who did it for free), it's been running like clockwork, even today.

Advertisement