Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How cold is too Cold..

Options
  • 10-01-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how cold is to cold for the dogs out in the kennel, hitting -8 ish last few nights, i'm gald to be in out of it but the 3 pointer's must be freezing there nuts off... there in kennels that are inclosed but still ain't warm. what are ye doing to mind the dogs lads and what do yee reckon the safe/max -temp is for a dog lying in a kennel. thanks

Comments

Depends what type of dog it is.
    Wirehaired or Short-Haired.
    Important to feed 'em up too.

I have the dogs in anyway don't know about other people but thats my way of beating the cold "snap"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

my kennels are indoors with sleeping boxes in each ,the dogs sleep on rubber cow mats.

i filled the sleeping boxes with straw this week ,the dogs love it as there is enough for them to get under it.

the water still froze in there trocks this week.

iv been mixing up two pints of ox tail soup in there food each nite .keep them full and warm .

Advertisement