Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seo improvment

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

500 million!!! That's crap

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Are we all promoting our sites here?

Whats that in my signature?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Semantic URLs made a pretty big difference to traffic on two sites I have (based upon before and after traffic). They also have other benefits such as reducing bounce rate and they act as good anchor text if someone is linking to your pages.Set them up but be careful to set your 301 redirects from your old links as well.

Matt Cutts' take on semantic URLs http://searchengineland.com/googles-matt-cutts-on-keywords-in-the-url-16976

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but if your target market is Ireland it would be no harm to get Irish hosting and a .ie, and finally, there's no way in hell I'd ever consider spending €400 on a mobile on a site that has no real contact details (why do you have two separate pages 'Contact' and 'Contact Us'?).

If he's still faffing around at this stage which looks to be the case judging by the site, then he should just go and get in touch with an SEO expert and re-design everything from the ground up. The amount of time wasted !

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RedCardinal

If he's still faffing around at this stage which looks to be the case judging by the site, then he should just go and get in touch with an SEO expert and re-design everything from the ground up. The amount of time wasted !

Just tried checking the link:

"Link to database cannot be established."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I don't mean to highjack this thread or anything, but I have a question regarding pretty urls.

I'm building a new site with pretty urls, but I also need to show an id in the url as well. The way I look at it i can format it in 2 different ways

1) www.fakesite.com/directory/1/fake-keyword

2) www.fakesite.com/directory/1-fake-keyword

Is there any benefit from an SEO point of view in choosing either one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

For me, a proper link structure is very important for 'blogs and news sites.
    Fore online site that sell products, your Title tags are important and more than anything, the words in your domain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 parmele

Benzino, I can't tell you with any certainty that one improves or hinders SEO. But I have to think the first method is best - from a management standpoint and a user's.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Innov

Few tips on SEO -
    After following these tips I saw 5-10% increase in organic search over 2 month period

Conduct keyword research
    choose benchmark terms and monitor
    develop and optimse the sites content
    Build inbound links to teh site wisely
    Beware of us of graphics
    finally be patient
    http://www.webkittools.com/

Advertisement