Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature Logo

Options
  • 10-01-2010 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I've started a website, and I put a small logo in my signature. I done it because I seen others putting images linking to their site. My logo wasn't clickable.

Just wondering if this is a new thing, it has been in my signature a while now until it was removed. I noticed a lot of other people have a picture to their site in their signature and they haven't been removed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I know that I removed your sig last night because between the ad and the lines of text below it it was way too big and contravened our signature rules. I put a link to those rules in its place so you could see them.

I don't know if you put it back and it was removed again today, but that was the reason for its initial removal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Zaph wrote: »
    I know that I removed your sig last night because between the ad and the lines of text below it it was way too big and contravened our signature rules. I put a link to those rules in its place so you could see them.

I don't know if you put it back and it was removed again today, but that was the reason for its initial removal.

Yeah, I put it back but without the line of text about my Nocturnal Forum title. I left a small black line of text as well. Oh yeah, and I added a Trent logo just before it was removed by you and I didn't add that back either.

I double checked to make sure the logo was within size limits as that was my initial concern. Well the good thing is I figured out who removed the sig the first time, as it had been bugging me :D

Anyway, I was nearly positive I was inside the rules when posting it with a tiny line of text underneath. Not sure if I can get permission to repost it without the removers permission though?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Technically your sig is still too big I'm afraid. If you alter the text to small size you can have up to 8 lines, but at the moment it's over the alloted lines.

sig rules

Thanks for the reply Gordon.

Can I post it again without any text, just the logo on it's own?

Post the sig you want and let us have a look.

• Advertisement

It would be this:

4254163640_d3575e6212_o.gif

Also, I can get rid of the Trent quote currently residing as my sig, and replace it with my Nocturnal Forum title, as that'll only take up one line (and I'll put it in small writing).

The dimensions of that image are 300 x 150, I checked and I believe that's within the dimensions allowed. I can reduce the size if needed, as long as it's not too small as it would be pointless otherwise.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Image is too high at 150px, max height is 125px.

Gordon wrote: »
    Image is too high at 150px, max height is 125px.

Ah, there's the problem. Can I add it it in again at a smaller size?

Sure, you'll need to edit the image though in an image editing program like Photoshop first.

Advertisement