Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three network android

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

or vodafone

€45
    300 mins any network
    300 txts any network
    2gig data
    Free vodafone-vodafone txt/calls

so an extra €10 for more minutes, more data and peace of mind re: network/support/coverage it would seem!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

00sully wrote: »
    or vodafone

€45
    300 mins any network
    300 txts any network
    2gig data

so an extra €10 for more minutes, more data and peace of mind re: network/support/coverage it would seem!?

I barely know anyone on VF so i would use up those 300 txts rather quickly, in fact i tend to write long enough messages at time, sometimes bordering 2 to 3 texts. i would whip through them in record pace.

Not sure it would be as useful to me, i'd probably rack up costs alongside spending a tenner more

cojomo2 wrote:
    i pay 25 a month with meteor for 300 anytime mins, and I use all my webtexts through Jelly SMS, so free texts too.

I can then pay 5 euro for 250 mb data, or 15 euro for 10gb

are you sure its not 200, looking at the meteor site your plan doesnt exist
    They have 30 euro for 200 mins, 200 texts, Meteor to Meteor Calls and Txts Free and you can do an add-on for Internet

I hear ya about web txts but as above, i tend to write longer messages at time, which i would have to send as broken txts in Webtxt, and i'd easily whip through 200 txts and most likely the web txts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,239 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

or vodafone

€45
    300 mins any network
    300 txts any network
    2gig data

Where is this plan? I think you've mixed up Perfect Choice access plus 300 & 150 which has a Minimum charge of 60pm that's a whole 25pm extra than OP is paying.

If you want to compare like for like, relax 150 verus Perfect Choice access plus 150

On Voda for 45pm you get
    150 minutes
    150 texts
    2Gb of data

On 3 for 38.99pm you get
    250 minutes
    150 texts
    1Gb of data
    Free Skype
    Free Msn
    Calls to the UK & NI included
    Guaranteed upgrade after 10mts

As for the better network, Your kidding right?, 3 have the best data network in the country and will probably have around 99% 3G coverage by the end of the year, Vodafone are no where near that, as for support the last time I called Vodafone I was speaking to someone from Africa.

So for price/network/coverage/support your mistaken if you think Vodafone has it all.

back on topic, where's these android phones, I think i'd like a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

I barely know anyone on VF so i would use up those 300 txts rather quickly, in fact i tend to write long enough messages at time, sometimes bordering 2 to 3 texts. i would whip through them in record pace.

Not sure it would be as useful to me, i'd probably rack up costs alongside spending a tenner more

are you sure its not 200, looking at the meteor site your plan doesnt exist
    They have 30 euro for 200 mins, 200 texts, Meteor to Meteor Calls and Txts Free and you can do an add-on for Internet

I hear ya about web txts but as above, i tend to write longer messages at time, which i would have to send as broken txts in Webtxt, and i'd easily whip through 200 txts and most likely the web txts too.

yeah looks like my plan isn't available anymore, deffo 300 anytime mins with free meteor to meteor call+texts plus webtxts, 25 quid a month...that new plan isn't as good at all...

cojomo2 wrote: »
    yeah looks like my plan isn't available anymore, deffo 300 anytime mins with free meteor to meteor call+texts plus webtxts, 25 quid a month...that new plan isn't as good at all...
    [/B]

That's the Bill Pay lite one? Savage Plan surprised the whole country didn't move to it at the time.

• Advertisement

Where is this plan? I think you've mixed up Perfect Choice access plus 300 & 150 which has a Minimum charge of 60pm that's a whole 25pm extra than OP is paying.

its a limited offer - double texts/minutes on all monthly plans until 18th March.

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/currentoffers/freetextminutes/

It says €49.99 but I rang and when you get the plan mentioned here it is as I said above €45 for 300mins/txts/2gig!

its a limited offer - double texts/minutes on all monthly plans until 18th March.

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/currentoffers/freetextminutes/

It says €49.99 but I rang and when you get the plan mentioned here it is as I said above €45 for 300mins/txts/2gig!

Is that not if you sign into an 18mt contract so it's a year and a half before you get another phone..

12 months I think! wasn't even planning on getting a phone with it - altho might get the tattoo if its cheap enough on the tariff!

anyway getting slightly OT here was discussing this in the thread below http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055618761&page=2

this was about 3 and android which I couldn't get working in the three store forcing me to look into other plans!

the 3 best of both is ideal if I could actually get browsing working. see here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055446423&highlight=network+android

post: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58360424&postcount=12 :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Ive a HTC Hero on Three

I bought the Hero from Xpansys so it came Network Unlocked, paid a little more initially but worth not being tied to a contract

It works grand, i'd like Three's Reception to be a bit better (and it constantly tries to roam while on a data connection, which is fine, with the data pack it seems im able to do that without incurring and cost) but sometimes i find depending on where i am, internet is a no go.

Did u get skype working on 3g ?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

According to the Sunday Business Post, the iphone will be available from 3 in the second half of this year.
    http://www.thepost.ie/story/text/eyidkfkfoj/

I presume he meant this year. in the meantime 3 shops continue to look like old fone shops

• Advertisement
Advertisement