Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal orders, bank drafts?

Options
  • 10-01-2010 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I'm sending money to someone I've never met and in return I want them to send me an item.

Very dodgy I know, but its not as bad as I've made it sound.

It's only for €20 and I'm fairly sure he's decent.

Anyway, I know there's no completely secure way except for paypal I suppose, but I'm just wondering which is the most secure, is it bank draft or postal order?

I think I remember postal orders being very secure - I don't have a cheque book.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

peanuthead wrote: »
    Hi there

I'm sending money to someone I've never met and in return I want them to send me an item.

Very dodgy I know, but its not as bad as I've made it sound.

It's only for €20 and I'm fairly sure he's decent.

Anyway, I know there's no completely secure way except for paypal I suppose, but I'm just wondering which is the most secure, is it bank draft or postal order?

I think I remember postal orders being very secure - I don't have a cheque book.

Both pretty much the same to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

It's not me by any chance?
    Could you organize to collect the item and pay in cash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You've gotta have some element of trust along the way here somewhere. After all it's "only" 20eur. Get whichever suits you and the other person best. Personally i'm a big fan of bank transfer. Quick and easy.

Advertisement