Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay In Bed Tomorrow (not official)

Options
  • 10-01-2010 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Seeing as nobody in LIT has bothered doing like other colleges and let students know where they stand with lectures taking place for the next few days, I'm gonna make a stand and say what the powers that be should have
    "Stay in bed, dont risk your life on lethal roads to make it to college to go to lectures that wont take place- everyone will graduate anyway"

:D

moderator note:

This is not an official suggestion from the college.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Kastiel

I know, it's a joke. I have no intention of travelling down from Clare for the next day or two at least. Best part is the lecturers won't turn up as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭agardiner22

I only live around the corner from LIT but i totally agree with you, they couldnt even bother to let us know and i have to get my kids minded as they are off till thurs anyway. a simple email or notice on the website would have been handy. its these little things piss me off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

its a shame the college didnt send around an e-mail or let people know about the exams, but since there has been no official response from the college regarding tomorrow, i guess everything is going ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Trying to ring the college and theres no reply. From what I understand there is no water in the area?? An email or message on the website would be nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

If it was going to be closed you would be notified. Since there has been no notification....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm glad I stayed in bed, I think there was one lecture today in my course and both my labs are cancelled tomorrow so no college for me tomorrow. This is why there should have been two days given off, if I was down there with all of tomorrow off, I'd pull my hair out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Kastiel

Was talking to a few mates who braved the journey down there.

Most had lectures cancelled, only a handful around. Also a lot of the student accommodation water supplies are frozen/cut off. Two guys in my course are in a private house across the road from the college and have no water either, will be bringing buckets of water from a non-existent well :p

Their sorry they went down now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Sure I went into the offices today and heard them talking about getting salt, not knowing what to do. They were all off in the Sun while this happened and didn't bother thinking about work at all while they were off.

Advertisement