Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing Live

• 10-01-2010 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭

I have a 360 Arcade and Live is all set up only for there is a thing I need to download at the end.It wont.Whats the problem?Can it be overcome?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

You need a hard drive to play online. I think so anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

So I cant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

paddy978 wrote: »
    So I cant?

no unless you buy a hard drive.

Having the exact same problem with an Elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Lee Snowflake

What does it say you need to download?

• Advertisement

A system update is available from Xbox LIVE.If you decline you will be signed out of Xboz LIVE.Do you want to update?When I accept and try to download it says it cant.

Do you have much stuff on your hard-drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 padraig61091

or u could get a ps3 and avoide all this lol xbox=fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

or u could get a ps3 and avoide all this lol xbox=fail

:rolleyes: typical PS3 fanboy juvenile crap...

@Paddy:

Download this file: http://download.microsoft.com/download/D/1/8/D181EE58-DE70-4484-936B-0E9161CCD6B2/$SystemUpdate_Fall09_8955.zip

It is the latest version of the xbox dashboard.

Extract the contents of the ZIP file to a blank USB drive. Put the USB drive into the port at the back of the console. Power the console on, let it update.

You can also burn the contents of the ZIP file to DVD or CD (I'd do a CD, waste of a DVD considering the size). Put it into the xbox, power it on, let it update.

Then try to connect to xbox live again :)

Thanks lads,lots of space left on my hardrive,downloading that now.

• Advertisement

paddy978 wrote: »
    Thanks lads,lots of space left on my hardrive,downloading that now.

That'll update the console to the latest version of the Xbox Dashboard so you shouldn't be prompted to update. If you have any more problems connecting to live after then do update us

Apolohies if this is a stupid question but will my USB key work in 1 of the 2 ports which become visible when they slide down the cover??

It should yes, but I said the back port because that's where they get you to put the hard drive transfer cable.

It should be just a generic USB drive, not one of those fancy ones that require you to install software to get them running.

Thanks I'm going to do it now and will report back here in a few minutes.

Exact same outcome.I am heartbroken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

A system update is available from Xbox LIVE.If you decline you will be signed out of Xboz LIVE.Do you want to update?When I accept and try to download it says it cant.

Neighbour of mine had problems which sound the same as yours. In his case, it was his Netopia router. In order to do the update, he had to turn off the firewall. Then, the update worked and turned the firewall on the router back on. Live worked fine for him after that. Mightn't be the same in your case but just in case, it might be worth a shot.

Whats the firewall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

When you go into your router (if it's a Netopia), you'll see a few items on the left hand side. Click on Firewall and you'll see a screen similar to the one I've attached. Change to None. When complete, change it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 padraig61091

:rolleyes: typical PS3 fanboy juvenile crap...

@Paddy:

Download this file: http://download.microsoft.com/download/D/1/8/D181EE58-DE70-4484-936B-0E9161CCD6B2/$SystemUpdate_Fall09_8955.zip

It is the latest version of the xbox dashboard.

Extract the contents of the ZIP file to a blank USB drive. Put the USB drive into the port at the back of the console. Power the console on, let it update.

You can also burn the contents of the ZIP file to DVD or CD (I'd do a CD, waste of a DVD considering the size). Put it into the xbox, power it on, let it update.

Then try to connect to xbox live again :)
    lol ps3 fanboy am i ? i have a xbox and a ps3 and i use the ps3 for online games just to avoide the whole xbox live experience i also dont like being screwed over like really paying for somthing sony gives for free ? i only use the xbox fo offline games like assassins creed or fallout because i get them free

Try backing u your hard-drive, then format it. Then try download the update again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

Advertisement