Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal care course cant get a job

Options
  • 10-01-2010 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

My sister did a 3 year diploma in animal care and cant find a job where she would use this qualification, is it just the times we are in or are jobs in animal care hard to come by anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

My sister did a 3 year diploma in animal care and cant find a job where she would use this qualification, is it just the times we are in or are jobs in animal care hard to come by anyway?
    Celtic Tiger gone, Less money coming into households, first to suffer are the animals THEY HAVENT GOT A VOICE, so can easily be disposed off,maybe your sister could do some voluntary work with animal charities and hopefully when things pick up be in a good position to be involved in paid animal welfare care

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

It very much depends on what diploma and issued by whom. There have never been many jobs in that sector anyway as more rescues etc have no resources to have paid staff and boarding kennels etc often employ family members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

I would recommend she gets as much experience as possible...thats what I did and by volunteering so much...I went on to get a job in the field...;)

Now my job funds my volunteering :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

No one will consider her unless she shows a serious level of devotion & commitment. Volunteering is the only way to demonstrate this. If she gets an unconnected job in the meantime she should still do voluntary work at the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

may i ask, did she have a job in mind before commencing the course, and completed the course to enable her to do that job, if so what was the job? or did she do the course cos she liked animals and wanted to expand her knowledge in animal care?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

wouldnt this get more attention in the animal and pet issues page? Perhaps a mod could move it so the OP gets more answers.

Would your sister consider setting up her own business??

Advertisement