Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amhrán Nua

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Daithinski

anto475 wrote: »
    Link: http://www.amhrannua.com/

they look good enough.
    any thoughts?

In my humble opinion, they seem to be a populist party trying to capitalise on the unpopularity and unpopular decisions made by FF/GP.

From some of the posts of their representatives on this forum they seem a bit pie in the sky.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

I believe Amhrán Nua is the Irish for "A new tune", but there's nothing new about the tax-and-spend policies they advocate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

anto475 wrote: »
    Link: http://www.amhrannua.com/

they look good enough.
    any thoughts?

They have been on this site, and they haven't covered themselves in glory (It is hard to though, especially in the Politics section, with so many able and opinionated posters).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

They have been on this site, and they haven't covered themselves in glory (It is hard to though, especially in the Politics section, with so many able and opinionated posters).
    thanks judge for your comments!
    is Boards not open to all opinions even those that don't adhere to the sometimes right-right mood on here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

imme wrote: »
    thanks judge for your comments!
    is Boards not open to all opinions even those that don't adhere to the sometimes right-right mood on here?

I was refferring to their behaviour, and how frustrated they got when their policies got shredded with ease by many of the regulars here. You can look at the thread linked to by Donegalfella to see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

I was refferring to their behaviour, and how frustrated they got when their policies got shredded with ease by many of the regulars here. You can look at the thread linked to by Donegalfella to see what I mean.
    can't we all get frustrated at times:rolleyes:. I had a look at their website, they want to revive the Tailteann Games, at least they're adding to the gaiety of the nation;). Maybe we're being a bit too cynical. Maybe we do need to sing an Amhrán Nua:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

As linked to above, this thread was an extended one discussing their declared core policies. Worth a look in parts for those are who are interested in the "whois, whatare" question. This thread appears to have become more of an evaluation on their performance as a boards poster

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement