Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHICH tap to be kept on?

• 10-01-2010 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

A lot of the recent posts recommend leaving a tap trickling at night to stop the pipes freezing. I rang our plumber and he recommended the same.
    My question is, can i leave ANY tap running? All the posts i read say that the kitchen tap should be left on. We have our own water supply, but we have an open plan kitchen / living area and the sound of the tap running constantly is driving me and mrs batman crazy.:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Best of it's the one closest to the outside supply. Kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

you just need a dribble.. doesnt have to be on full flow... Kitchen cold tap afaik!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I dont know what part of the country you are in, but if it hasn't frozen by now, i dont think it will tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Tis usually the kitchen cold tap alright, which is the mains supply in, the one that also feeds the header tank in your attic.
    I suppose if you left another tap running it would keep topping up in the attic anyway, but to be sure to be sure, leave the kitchen tap running.
    But then you have the sound of the tank filling all the time.
    The joys of open plan living eh....

Advertisement