Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on moving 2 year old into own Room

Options
  • 10-01-2010 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi just thought I would see if anyone would have any good suggestions.

I have a 2 year old who is still sleeping in the cot in our room. I think it is time to move her into her own room since my mother has suggested I do this about 20 times! Also I keep hearing that if I dont do it soon she'll end up being harder to move later on.
    The problem I have is that I dont really want to move her as I like to know she's ok and is only an arms lenght away. Also I'm nervous that she might wake up at night and get upset because I'm not in the room and then not want to sleep on her own anymore.
    As you can see I'm a bit of a worrier about this so any suggestions would be greatly taken on board.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fitness fan

My little girl got a torch/nightlight in one as a present and sha can turn it on if she wakes.She often ventures in to me during the night wanting to use bathroom etc and then I bring her back to her bed sometimes lying beside her for a bit. She also has about 10 cuddlt toys beside her pillow

• Registered Users Posts: 2 1sparky

we have a little boy that is just two.we moved him into his own room and we bought him his own bed.he was very excited about the whole thing,cant wake him up in the mornings.great!
    Hi just thought I would see if anyone would have any good suggestions.

I have a 2 year old who is still sleeping in the cot in our room. I think it is time to move her into her own room since my mother has suggested I do this about 20 times! Also I keep hearing that if I dont do it soon she'll end up being harder to move later on.
    The problem I have is that I dont really want to move her as I like to know she's ok and is only an arms lenght away. Also I'm nervous that she might wake up at night and get upset because I'm not in the room and then not want to sleep on her own anymore.
    As you can see I'm a bit of a worrier about this so any suggestions would be greatly taken on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Let her pick things out for it and decorate it so she gets to know the space. Make it very pretty. Read stories with her. I went through this recently and i lie on the floor next to the bed holding my sons hand till he falls asleep. And will do that until he feels safe in his new space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Some take to it a lot better than others. My first was a hard one, as I lived at home she shared a room with me but when I bought my house she was 1.5yrs old, it was quite hard to get her to sleep in her own room. her bedroom was the first room to be decorated and she had two beds in it for when her uncle who was 6 at the time came to stay. I have to admit it was tough, and often I would only get a few hours a night but persistence is the key, it can be tiring at first and maybe I am soft but I wouldnt leave her crying in the room. She had a tv and video, dvd players were rare then, lovely teddys and picture frames throughout but she just was not a good sleeper.

On the otherside the second one was fine, never a bother moving her, she was around 8 months old. Just listen to advice and try what you are comfortable with but remember every child is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭themysteriouson

Thanks for the tips I'll be trying it this weekend so fingers crossed I can actually get some sleep.

• Advertisement
Advertisement