Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water in Carlow town?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

College Green is 50/50, 7,8,9&10 don't, but across the street,48/9 and number 23 have water.
    Just poured hot water on the stopcock, will do so again in an hour.
    I'll get back to ye if it works.

EDIT:Number 6 has water, so it looks like a stopcock problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 veron01

I was told tonight that the reason that I dont have water is due to Co. Co. turning down pressure and we do not have enough pressure to fill up tank upstairs. They better bloody turn it back on fully soon.

veron01 wrote: »
    I was told tonight that the reason that I dont have water is due to Co. Co. turning down pressure and we do not have enough pressure to fill up tank upstairs. They better bloody turn it back on fully soon.

Where are you?

Also, been dumping hot water on the stopcock since my last post with no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 veron01

I am near Poor Clare's.

Water came back this morning.
    :glee:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭DarrenMSP

Water came back this morning.
    :glee:

Dunno if you wanna drink it yet!
    Local authorities in Meath, Kildare, south Dublin, Carlow and North and South Tipperary are monitoring water supplies for traces of urea and ammonia following the treatment of road surfaces with the materials in recent days.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0114/weatherwater.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

DarrenMSP wrote: »
    years ago driving over a pile of sh1t would send you spinning off the road but nowadays it is helping keep us on the road, now thats real progress!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Water came back around 4:30am.
    Frightened the crap out of me cause I didn't know what was going on and I couldn't get back to sleep for AAGGEEEESSS!! But who cares? Its a small price to pay for the ability to flush the jax!

JOB!

Advertisement