Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rc car kit for beginner

Options
  • 10-01-2010 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Im looking for a rc car or plane kit to build for a beginner.any one any ideas? How much will one cost? Any thing i should avoid?

thanks
    pat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

It should cost around 150-200 for a nitro car kit and less for a electric car or bignner plane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Im kinda new to this myself so i wount give very good advise ive just been on alot of websites. I got myself a second hand Traxxas Tmaxx but they dont come in kit form. Eventually some more experanced people will come on and they will give you good advice[thats how i got sorted]. Have you looked in the adverts.ie section yet they might have something your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Go electric.. get a Tamiya!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Plenty of plane kits available.

Cars on the other hand are fairly scarce. The Hpi Savage SS, Baja 5b SS and Axial crawler kits come to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/58446lanciadelta/index.htm

this is something like what im looking for,anyone tried this one yet? Is it hard to assemble?

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

They're pretty easy, you'll put it together in an afternoon with a screwdriver, instructions are fairly good. Detailing the body will take the longest.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYHY4&P=7

Advertisement