Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italia '90: Ireland v England.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

This is the best new thread in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Des wrote: »
    You can't play this game Gav, you weren't born :p

I was watching from the womb.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

I was watching from the womb.:D

So it was a womb with a view then;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

That young Staunton lad is organising like a general down the back! His career in football wont be over when his legs are finished, mark my words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

thank God no one saw alan mcloughlin scratching his arse about 5 yards offside for sheedy's goal!!!

He was inactive :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

fullstop wrote: »

Don't think that was the rule at the time but open to correction. as far as I remember offside was offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

back in the day when offside was offside. :rolleyes:
    jaykay74 wrote: »
    Don't think that was the rule at the time but open to correction. as far as I remember offside was offside.

it came in sometime around 2003/2004 by looking at this...
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/offside-loophole-to-be-outlawed-569853.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭rovingrover

He was not offside. The rule back then was whether he was interfering with play or not. He wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

shane86 wrote: »
    That young Staunton lad is organising like a general down the back! His career in football wont be over when his legs are finished, mark my words.
    I reckon he could lead us to world cup glory if not as a player then as a manager with them organising skills. No Doubt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

back in the day when offside was offside. :rolleyes:

it came in sometime around 2003/2004 by looking at this...
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/offside-loophole-to-be-outlawed-569853.html

Rolleyes for sarcasm anyone? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Rolleyes for sarcasm anyone? ;)

ah tits. i gotta get used to ye kids and your smileys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Sorry for the late contribution, but I'm posting this from a pub in Ruislip(Middlesex, England) and the internet connection is really slow and there could be a time delay. Anyway this was the third pub I tried before I could find one that was showing the match, not too many know that England are playing here, they might take more interest if they get to say the semi-finals. Although the fans that are here are getting a bit leary so we are just going to leave quietly, before anyone notices that were are Irish.
    (That is how it happened, the hype hadn't kicked in, pre Sky Sports with soccer having a bad name post Hillsborough etc)

Advertisement