Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charities/organisations for children

Options
  • 10-01-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi all, so after Santa arriving there are way to many toys puzzles etc around the house which are in really good condition. I'd like to give them to a charity or some organisation that would need them but to be honest don't want to give them to any of the big charities as i feel they get plenty. The hospital won't take them because of fear of germs etc. And I don't think there's any orphanages in Galway anymore.

So if anyone has any suggestions I'd much appreciate it. I certainly don't want to throw these toys out and would like if other kids could have them. The toys are for under 6's.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not the most obvious, but the ISPCC run a program called Leanbh.

Hospitals will generally only accept washable toys, e.g large plastic toys or ones the child can take home after their stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

Victor wrote: »
    Not the most obvious, but the ISPCC run a program called Leanbh.

Hospitals will generally only accept washable toys, e.g large plastic toys or ones the child can take home after their stay.

Oh didn't think the ISPCC would take toys.. Thanks for that..

Rang the hospital and they told me they couldn't take any toys. Which is a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

lovelyhome wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Don't know about Simon. I would like to give them to a charity thats not well known that could do with them.

I'm going to give Leanbh a call today and see what they say. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Seefig

any of the charity shops would be happy to take them, GSPCA, AS GOOD AS NEW, SVDeP, SIMON etc..or freecycle

• Advertisement
Advertisement